Windows 10: Bluetooth controller

Discus and support Bluetooth controller in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have a controller that perfectly connects to my pc via USB as an XBox controller. The problem is if I try to connect the exact same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bobnash2, Dec 23, 2020.

1. bobnash2 Win User

Bluetooth controller

Hello. I have a controller that perfectly connects to my pc via USB as an XBox controller.

The problem is if I try to connect the exact same controller via Bluetooth....it is called a "Gamepad" and works terribly as a controller.

How do I make this controller behave as if it were connected by USB the same way on Bluetooth?

:)

bobnash2, Dec 23, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Bluetooth controller

Unable to connect ps4 controller via bluetooth, only shows up as "input"

Hi Freddy,

The issue may occur due to configuration setting. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried contacting the manufacturer if there was a built in Bluetooth controller to connect your device?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article:
    Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10: FAQ
    . It contains troubleshooting steps if you are having issue with Bluetooth.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth controller

1. Bluetooth controller - Similar Threads - Bluetooth controller

2. on steamvr my bluetooth controllers connect just fine but in the settings app i cant even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    on steamvr my bluetooth controllers connect just fine but in the settings app i cant even...: when i try to connect bluetooth devices it dosnt work. but on an app like steamvr the controllers connect just fine. i wonder if the vr box has a bluetooth thing in it. i basically need bluetooth cause my xbox controller wont connect on cable. please help!...
  3. on steamvr my bluetooth controllers connect just fine but in the settings app i cant even...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    on steamvr my bluetooth controllers connect just fine but in the settings app i cant even...: when i try to connect bluetooth devices it dosnt work. but on an app like steamvr the controllers connect just fine. i wonder if the vr box has a bluetooth thing in it. i basically need bluetooth cause my xbox controller wont connect on cable. please help!...
  4. Bluetooth won't detect my controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth won't detect my controller: I'm trying to connect a Nintendo Pro Controller to my PC via bluetooth but it doesn't even show up. When connect via cable it works fine. After reading online I saw the main fix being to shut of my Nintendo Switch, however I did that and there was no improvement. I was unable...
  5. Bluetooth won't detect my controller

Bluetooth won't detect my controller: I'm trying to connect a Nintendo Pro Controller to my PC via bluetooth but it doesn't even show up. When connect via cable it works fine. After reading online I saw the main fix being to shut of my Nintendo Switch, however I did that and there was no improvement. I was unable...
  6. Controllers won't show up in bluetooth list Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controllers won't show up in bluetooth list Windows 11: Hi,I recently bought a new pc and tried to pair my xbox elite series 2 controller to it, it did not show up in the bluetooth list. Assuming I did something wrong I check if I could connect the controller to a different device, that seemed to work just fine.So the error is in...
  7. Controllers won't show up in bluetooth list Windows 11

Controllers won't show up in bluetooth list Windows 11: Hi,I recently bought a new pc and tried to pair my xbox elite series 2 controller to it, it did not show up in the bluetooth list. Assuming I did something wrong I check if I could connect the controller to a different device, that seemed to work just fine.So the error is in...
  8. DS4 PS4 Controller won't connect to pc with bluetooth "We didn't get any response from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DS4 PS4 Controller won't connect to pc with bluetooth "We didn't get any response from the...: I tried almost every single suggestion from multiple different forums and nothing works and I don't want to factory reset my PC just because of this issue. Please any help is helpful. I even tried connecting the controller to other devices including my laptop and android...
  9. DS4 PS4 Controller won't connect to pc with bluetooth "We didn't get any response from the...

DS4 PS4 Controller won't connect to pc with bluetooth "We didn't get any response from the...: I tried almost every single suggestion from multiple different forums and nothing works and I don't want to factory reset my PC just because of this issue. Please any help is helpful. I even tried connecting the controller to other devices including my laptop and android...
  10. DS4 PS4 Controller won't connect to pc with bluetooth "We didn't get any response from the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware