Windows 10: Bluetooth detected by Device Manager but isn't working

Discus and support Bluetooth detected by Device Manager but isn't working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just realized that the Bluetooth is not working in my laptop. I tried to connect my Bluetooth headphones and it didn't find them. Then I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mibaup, Sep 23, 2020.

1. mibaup Win User

Bluetooth detected by Device Manager but isn't working

I just realized that the Bluetooth is not working in my laptop. I tried to connect my Bluetooth headphones and it didn't find them. Then I tried to send files from the PC to my smartphone and vice versa, but neither detected each other. I uninstalled and re-installed the Bluetooth driver, but that didn't work. The driver is Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0, version 10.0.3.21

:)

mibaup, Sep 23, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Sep 23, 2020
  4. MadKc Win User

Internal Bluetooth detected in device manager,but cant install drivers

I have seen this problem come up a lot , but the problem still hasn't been solved .

My internal Bluetooth device shows up in my device manager under other devices , but i cant install any drivers . the driver it had was Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter , when trying to reinstall it it it shows the following

Bluetooth detected by Device Manager but isn't working [​IMG]

After running troubleshoot for Bluetooth i got this :

the problem started after the laptop crashed , i ran system restore and everything worked except the bluetooth .i have run multiple driver installers/updater's (Intel® Driver & Support Assistant , DriverPack-17-Online ) , and all of them say theirs no drivers for my device .

let me know if i'm short on information

thanks in advance

MadKc, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth detected by Device Manager but isn't working - Similar Threads - Bluetooth detected Device

2. Bluetooth Device not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Device not detected: Cant detect my device, I tried everything from the troubleshooter to simply uninstalling the driver hoping it detects it on a restart, nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-not-detected/2f9adec6-46fb-4c45-8284-ae30d459788b
  3. Bluetooth Device not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Device not detected: Cant detect my device, I tried everything from the troubleshooter to simply uninstalling the driver hoping it detects it on a restart, nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-not-detected/2f9adec6-46fb-4c45-8284-ae30d459788b
  4. Bluetooth Device not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Device not detected: My Bluetooth has been working just fine for the past few months, suddenly windows told me it cant detect my device, I tried everything from the troubleshooter to simply uninstalling the driver hoping it detects it on a restart, nothing worked. So now my PC is without a...
  5. Bluetooth Will Not Detect Devices

Bluetooth Will Not Detect Devices: Hi Guys, I have Intel AX200 Bluetooth installed. Device manager shows that it is working properly. I have installed the latest drivers from Intel's website. When I try and pair a device, it doesn't detect anything at all. The computer does show up on my phones list of...
  6. Bluetooth device not working / detected

Bluetooth device not working / detected: I've just updated my windows last night, and today suddenly the bluetooth isn't working. I was using my bluetooth headphone and it just suddenly got cut off. I used the windows bluetooth troubleshooter and it said that my device doesn't have bluetooth software / driver...
  7. Bluetooth isn't working - Driver keeps reconnecting and disconnecting from Device Manager

Bluetooth isn't working - Driver keeps reconnecting and disconnecting from Device Manager: I'm not sure how this started, but a few days ago my bluetooth wouldn't work. Since then I have been unable to get any bluetooth device to connect. After checking device manager, it seems to show that my "Intel Wireless Bluetooth" device is constantly disappearing and...
  8. Bluetooth is not detected by the device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth is not detected by the device manager: A few days ago, my computer suddenly became unable to detect any Bluetooth devices. I didn't restart my computer, but the Bluetooth device just can't connect to my computer after I didn't use it for a while. When I checked the notification center, the Bluetooth button just...
  9. Device manager refreshing and Bluetooth not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device manager refreshing and Bluetooth not working: I have tried everything I could find and no luck. Even a fresh install of windows. All hardware is brand new. Mobo- MSI X570 MPG Gaming edge WiFi submitted by /u/7imi [link] [comments]...
  10. Bluetooth is not working (it is not in Device Manager)

Bluetooth is not working (it is not in Device Manager): Hello, I have Dell Studio 1558, when I upgraded windows from 7 to 10, bluetooth have stopped working. It disappeared from Device Manager and i can´t install it back. Does anyone know the solutions please? Thank you 43159