Windows 10: Bluetooth detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices

Discus and support Bluetooth detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bluetooth dongle is detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices. I click add device and then the Bluetooth option and it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LuckyFalkor84, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Bluetooth detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices

Bluetooth dongle is detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices.

I click add device and then the Bluetooth option and it just spins, never displaying any devices to connect to.

troubleshooting assistant just says "yup, device is turned on".

The support assistant says that my system does support Bluetooth, it is indeed on and the drivers are not waiting for some sort of reboot.

Bluetooth settings in windows 10 says the device is turned on.

tried 2 different phones iPhone and a S20 and a pair of wireless ear buds.

the Bluetooth dongle I am using is a Startech branded dongle, model USBBT2EDR4.

windows auto installed the drivers and device manager reports the driver version is Broadcom version 12.0.1.940.

I confirmed on the startech website that this is the latest driver version.

I am using windows 10, 1909 build and had checked for further updates already.

I have already done a lite reinstall of windows 10 the one that doesn't wipe application and files.

I used to have the BlueSoleil 10 software installed but it was no longer serving the exact need which is to do hands free calling it's not playing well with my headset, just thought I throw that out there.

just a disclaimer, I do work in an IT department as a tech for work, so I do know my way around a computer; no need to cater to a laymen.

if there are registry edits or powershell commands that might help, I am comfortable with looking into it.

please don't open with reboot computer, I have done so prior to opening this question a couple of times now.

thanks for any assistance I can get.

:)

LuckyFalkor84, Mar 30, 2020

2. Bluetooth not discovering devices on MULTIPLE Windows 10 computers

Hi,

I have two Windows 10 computers: a custom-built desktop with a "Generic Bluetooth Radio" adapter, and a Lenovo Yoga 11S with a Realtek Bluetooth adapter. On BOTH of these computers, no bluetooth devices can be discovered. I'm mainly trying to get my bluetooth
    headphones to connect, but Windows won't discover my phone either. There is something just wrong with the functionality.

Here's a bullet list describing my problem, I've put in bold
    the items that I predict would be suggested to me otherwise:

• On my laptop, the latest manufacturer-provided bluetooth drivers are installed.
    • My desktop shouldn't require additional drivers as the adapter is a Generic Bluetooth Radio.
    • There are no warnings or missing devices in Device Manager.
    • I have run the Hardware Troubleshooter, and it finds no issues.
    • Both computers show the Bluetooth section in Settings, as well as the option in the action center.
    • In Bluetooth Settings, I get a message "Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices". This message never goes away and it never actually finds any devices.
    • "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC" is checked.
    • In services.msc, I have two Bluetooth-related services (Bluetooth Support Service and Bluetooth Handsfree Service) and both are running with automatic startup.
    • I have confirmed that the headphones work perfectly with another bluetooth source (e.g. my phone). It is NOT an issue with the device I'm trying to connect.
    It's incredibly frustrating that Windows can't even perform this simple task across multiple computers. What can I do to make it work, or do I need to just give up on Windows forever?

Spritanium, May 25, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Bluetooth not discovering devices on MULTIPLE Windows 10 computers

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you running a Windows 10 Insider Preview? If yes, which Build?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, May 25, 2020
  4. Bluetooth detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices

Bluetooth detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices

Bluetooth dongle is detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices.

I click add device and then the Bluetooth option and it just spins, never displaying any devices to connect to.

troubleshooting assistant just says "yup, device is turned on".

The support assistant says that my system does support Bluetooth, it is indeed on and the drivers are not waiting for some sort of reboot.

Bluetooth settings in windows 10 says the device is turned on.

tried 2 different phones (iPhone and a S20) and a pair of wireless ear buds.

the Bluetooth dongle I am using is a Startech branded dongle, model USBBT2EDR4.

windows auto installed the drivers and device manager reports the driver version is Broadcom version 12.0.1.940.

I confirmed on the startech website that this is the latest driver version.

I am using windows 10, 1909 build and had checked for further updates already.

I have already done a lite reinstall of windows 10 (the one that doesn't wipe application and files).

I used to have the BlueSoleil 10 software installed but it was no longer serving the exact need which is to do hands free calling (it's not playing well with my headset), just thought I throw that out there.

just a disclaimer, I do work in an IT department as a tech for work, so I do know my way around a computer; no need to cater to a laymen.

if there are registry edits or powershell commands that might help, I am comfortable with looking into it.

please don't open with reboot computer, I have done so prior to opening this question a couple of times now.

thanks for any assistance I can get.

LuckyFalkor84, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices

1. Bluetooth detected by windows 10 but not connecting/discovering any devices - Similar Threads - Bluetooth detected connecting

2. Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices: Hi, I tried to connect my wireless headset, but my Bluetooth was unable to recognize it. Hence I tried multiple other Bluetooth devices for testing ,seems that it doesn't recognize it. I tried reinstalling the drivers and even updated the driver from official website. No use...
  3. Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices: Hi, I tried to connect my wireless headset, but my Bluetooth was unable to recognize it. Hence I tried multiple other Bluetooth devices for testing ,seems that it doesn't recognize it. I tried reinstalling the drivers and even updated the driver from official website. No use...
  4. Bluetooth is not discovering any available devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth not detecting any Bluetooth device

Bluetooth not detecting any Bluetooth device: Hi, My bluetooth has suddenly stopped connecting to my Bluetooth speaker, it was working fine prior today. I have unpaired the device but when I tried to pair the speaker again to the PC, the PC is no longer detecting any bluetooth device. "Adding a device" is just...
  6. Can not discover any bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not discover any bluetooth devices: Hi, I can not discover any bluetooth devices nor find my device on any other devices since updating windows10. All settings are correct and I have tried everything that I founnd on microsoft website. My model is Lenovo g500s 20245 with bluetooth version 4.0. I am currently...
  7. Can not discover any bluetooth devices

Can not discover any bluetooth devices: Hi, I can not discover any bluetooth devices nor find my device on any other devices since updating windows10. All settings are correct and I have tried everything that I founnd on microsoft website. My model is Lenovo g500s 20245 with bluetooth version 4.0. I am currently...
  8. Can not discover any bluetooth devices

9. Bluetooth is not discovering any device Problem

Bluetooth is not discovering any device Problem: Hi, Recently I Installed a new fresh Windows 10 on my Laptop, Tried to Connect to any Bluetooth device but it is not working Solutions I have Found and Tried and NOT WORKING : Is My laptop have a Bluetooth chip ? Yes! , it was working before my fresh install of windows 10...
  10. Bluetooth working, but not discovering any devices

Bluetooth working, but not discovering any devices: So I know there were a lot of issues with people upgrading to windows 10, and their Bluetooth settings disappear, but I have a slightly different problem. According to my computer, Bluetooth is enabled, working, and all of the Bluetooth drivers are up to date. However,...