Windows 10: Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10

Discus and support Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased some bluetooth headphones (GLITOBT18). I managed to connect them to my laptop running windows 10. [img] However, i cant find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackDunne01, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10

I recently purchased some bluetooth headphones (GLITOBT18). I managed to connect them to my laptop running windows 10.

Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10 [​IMG]

However, i cant find the device in the playback settings and i therefore cant play audio through the headphones.

I think this may have something to do with the fact that windows is recognising it as a bluetooth headset rather than a speaker? Any help would be massively appreciated!

:)

JackDunne01, Jan 25, 2020
  2. pheles22 Win User

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts.

All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10 I'm encountering a problem.

The computer will pair with the phone with no issues. It will also connect with the device via Bluetooth, no issues there either. But I can't make it pull the audio from the phone. When connected, the audio still plays through the phone, and not the computer.

I've poked around audio settings, and can't find anything. I installed drivers specific to the phone, that did not work. I also went to Dell's site and installed Bluetooth drivers that are specific to my computer. No change.

Any suggestions?

pheles22, Jan 25, 2020
  3. #JPS Win User
    Initiate Bluetooth Audio device connection - W10

Have a pair of Nokia MD-7W Bluetooth speakers and I much prefer them to the laptop speakers.

They connect and work fine immediately upon initial pairing but, once disconnected, the connection cannot be re-established.

The speakers continue to show as paired device and are listed as working properly in the Playback window and drivers show as up-to-date yet, Troubleshooting simply says they're not connected. It appears that W10 doesn't/can't initiate the connection.

So far, the only way to get them to connect is to remove them from the list of Bluetooth devices altogether and pair them again as a newly added device.

I would like to keep both the built-in laptop speakers as well as the Bluetooth speakers available and have the Bluetooth speakers as my default option so that, whenever the laptop comes within the speakers' range and they are powered on, the audio output
    switches to the Bluetooth speakers. Surely, that's a fairly mainstream thing to be wanting to do and there should be provision in the OS for just that, no?

4. Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10

Bluetooth Audio Device will not be removed and will not connect

I have a set of bluetooth speakers connected to the Nobsound 10-G Bluetooth device and for the past 6 months or so its worked fine. Two nights ago I put my laptop to sleep and occasionally the device has a strange issue where everything wakes up except the screen so i have to turn it off and on again. This happens every once in a while so it wasn't a big deal until i realized the bluetooth wasn't connecting.

The issue is as such: In Bluetooth settings the device shows up as Paired. If i click it to connect, it says connecting then flashes the word connected before immediately going back to saying paired. The Bluetooth speakers do not respond at all to this. If i remove the device in an attempt to re-Pair it, the device does not show up in searches. I have unplugged the Bluetooth device and everything, but it never shows up.

However, if i turn Bluetooth searching off and on again. The device immediately shows up again as paired.
    And if i remove the device completely from device manager and the control panel, it even sets up the device on its own.

Note that this happens even if the Bluetooth device i'm trying to pair with is off, or unplugged or vise versa. No matter what i do, the device will not properly be removed. I've gone into the Device manager, and removed everything. I uninstalled the bluetooth drivers and reinstalled them, i even did a registry edit in Windows NT to rollback the version to 6.2 in hopes that it would help. Nothing changed.

I did notice that if i click connect while the device is unplugged or off, it says that Windows could not connect. So when i'm trying to connect, it can tell that the device is off, but for whatever reason windows refuses to fully remove the device.

I'm on windows 10, using a Razer Blade Stealth from 2016.

Here's an image illustrating the problem.

imbreakingdown, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10

1. Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth device connected

2. Bluetooth headphones are connected, however not recognised as an audio device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones are connected, however not recognised as an audio device.: In bluetooth settings, I can see the headphones icon indicating that they are connected. However, in sound settings, there is only one playback device recognised, and this is the laptop speakers. Therefore, sound comes from the laptop speakers instead of the headphones. The...
  3. Bluetooth headphones are connected, however not recognised as an audio device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones are connected, however not recognised as an audio device.: In bluetooth settings, I can see the headphones icon indicating that they are connected. However, in sound settings, there is only one playback device recognised, and this is the laptop speakers. Therefore, sound comes from the laptop speakers instead of the headphones. The...
  4. Bluetooth Audio device not recognised by Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Audio device not recognised by Windows: Hello, I'm currently facing an issue with my Bluetooth neckbands and I'm seeking assistance to resolve it. After successfully pairing the neckbands with my PC, they do not establish a connection. Surprisingly, the device is listed in the "Other Devices" section rather than...
  5. Bluetooth Audio device not recognised by Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Audio device not recognised by Windows: Hello, I'm currently facing an issue with my Bluetooth neckbands and I'm seeking assistance to resolve it. After successfully pairing the neckbands with my PC, they do not establish a connection. Surprisingly, the device is listed in the "Other Devices" section rather than...
  6. Bluetooth Audio device not recognised by Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Connecting bluetooth (audio) devices to W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting bluetooth (audio) devices to W10: Connecting bluetooth audio devices to windows 10 is a f****ng pain, every time i want to connect my bluetooth earphones (Mi True wireless EarBuds Basic S) i have to: remove the device from the pairing list , reboot my pc, and then HOPE windows 10 identifies my bluetooth...
  8. Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device'

Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device': Hi, I've just bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania Wiress Headphones. I'm trying to connect them via Bluetooth to my Windows Surface 4. The headphones are connecting but as an 'Other Device' so I'm not able to use them as an audio device. How can I change this so...
  9. Bluetooth doesn’t recognise devices

Bluetooth doesn’t recognise devices: I cannot connect to my devices because Bluetooth doesn’t see them. It shows them as ‘unknown’. I decided to update drivers and ran the troubleshooter. But it didn’t help. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10...
  10. Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices: I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts. All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10...