Windows 10: bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices

Discus and support bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My bluetooth headphones is connected but i cannot find it in the bluetooth and other devices, this applies to other bluetooth devices too and if i want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChiaMeng Liang, Jun 12, 2021.

1. bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices

My bluetooth headphones is connected but i cannot find it in the bluetooth and other devices, this applies to other bluetooth devices too and if i want to connect the bluetooth device, i need to uninstall my headphones driver then scan for hardware changes to connect. Can someone help me with this problem?its very frustrating

:)

ChiaMeng Liang, Jun 12, 2021

2. Cannot use bluetooth device

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ameneses54, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Cannot use bluetooth device

1 Pairing is done in Settings, Devices
    1.1 You click on Add Bluetooth or other device
    1.2 You choose Bluetooth
    1.3 If there is a pairing button on the bluetooth device itself then you press that now. You need to check the instructions for your bluetooth device to see how to do this - several automatically go into pairing mode when they switch on, others have a button that needs to be pressed for, say, 5 seconds.
    1.4 The computer detects all available bluetooth devices and you select yours from the list. If yours is not on the list then Windows could not detect it.
    1.5 It connects - pairing includes connecting
    1.6 The computer sounds a buzz in the earpiece then displays Your device is ready to go and you click on Done
    1.7 The device is shown in the devices list below the subheading Audio and it shows it as connected
    1.8 The device should also appear in Control panel, Sounds, Playback tab
    1.9 The device should also appear in Control panel, Devices & printers
    1.10 {I just paired some bluetooth earphones as I typed so I could make sure these notes were correct} You use a music player and the sound comes out of the bluetooth earphones

2 If this is not happening for you then go to Contol panel, Devices & printers
    2.1 Right-click on the device & select Remove device
    2.2 You can now try pairing from scratch again
    2.3 Several other users have reported that only removing the device with Bluetooth command line tools - BluetoothInstaller allowed them to re-pair again [see xzion's guidance below]
    2.4 Yet others reported that only the KeithM code or Bungee's guidance worked for them [see below]

3 Where is this all going wrong for you?
    [I assume we are definitely talking about bluetooth headphones/earphones. I understand that WiFi ones do also exist.]

4 Additional guidance -

Unpair a Bluetooth Device - TenForumsTutorials
    Connect a Bluetooth device in Windows - Windows Help

Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #9, xzion] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #22, KeithM] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #39, Bungee] - TenForums
    Several people registered in TenForums just to be able to thanks xzion, KeithM & Bungee. Apparently, what worked for some people did not work for others so each solution seems worth trying.

Denis

4. Xylee Del Win User

bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices

Bluetooth device is shown as not present.

Hello Dominika,

Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue still persists after following the steps on the article above, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth device?
    • Can you tell us the specific bluetooth devices that you're using on your Windows 10?
    • Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if the Bluetooth services is enabled by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.
    • Right click on Bluetooth Support service and select
      Restart.

• Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties
      and check if the startup type is Automatic.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices

1. bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices - Similar Threads - bluetooth device connected

2. Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speaker connected under other devices.: Hi guys, so yesterday I unpaired my Google Home Nest mini on my laptop and when I tried to reconnect it again, it shows that I'm connected under the "Other Devices" section instead of the "Audio" section in the Bluetooth menu. I have tried repairing the speakers, updating the...
  3. how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device: Split from this thread.how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-bluetooth-device-im-hard-to-connect/9ba42656-f69d-4045-805d-6beecc004e81
  4. how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device: Split from this thread.how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-bluetooth-device-im-hard-to-connect/9ba42656-f69d-4045-805d-6beecc004e81
  5. Bluetooth and other devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth and other devices: This may sound strange but I cannot figure the reasoning behind what is really happening here. About a week ago, my computer starting experiencing significant delays in keyboard and mouse input. Even scrolling web pages became problematic. No new software was recently...
  6. Bluetooth & other Devices

Bluetooth & other Devices: I recently bought a Cronus zen and when plugging it into the computer its supposed to emulate a contorller however when connecting it to computer it says wired controller : driver Error any way to fix this ?...
  7. Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device'

Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device': Hi, I've just bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania Wiress Headphones. I'm trying to connect them via Bluetooth to my Windows Surface 4. The headphones are connecting but as an 'Other Device' so I'm not able to use them as an audio device. How can I change this so...
  8. Bluetooth keyboard connected to other device

Bluetooth keyboard connected to other device: Hello I don't have much experience with bluetooth devices but I was given a bluetooth keyboard the person I live with used before me & I saw it was still connected to their laptop. I removed the device from it & as far as I know it stopped typing on the laptop & I connected...
  9. Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.

Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.: When I try and connect my Bluedio headphones to my Windows 10 pc through a generic USB bluetooth connector everything goes as planned and the headphones connect and pair initially as an audio device and then jumps to "other device"...of course I am getting no sound. Device...
  10. Bluetooth not shown in device manager

Bluetooth not shown in device manager: I mistakenly removed the bluetooth from the device manager menu. I tried the services.msc and started all of the bluetooth things on the menu. It still did not bring the bluetooth back to the device manager. I need help....