Windows 10: Bluetooth Device Connection Issues

Discus and support Bluetooth Device Connection Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all,I'm having trouble connecting my bluetooth keyboard to my new PC. My keyboard works well on other devices and connection appears right away but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aziul, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Aziul Win User

Bluetooth Device Connection Issues

Hi all,I'm having trouble connecting my bluetooth keyboard to my new PC. My keyboard works well on other devices and connection appears right away but on the new machine it doesn't even show upAll drivers have been updatedWould appreciate your advice

:)

Aziul, Sep 24, 2022
  2. Mala_S Win User

Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Have you tried connecting the headphones to another computer and check if it’s working fine?
    2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you with few simple steps. Kindly follow the same.

Step 1: Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth accessories.

If you can turn on Bluetooth but are having problems pairing or using a Bluetooth accessory, kindly follow the article which gives you steps on
    Audio troubleshoot problems from - Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows

Step 2: There are two terms regarding Bluetooth: pairing and connecting. Pairing is the introduction of one device to another. Once paired, they will stay in each other’s memory until manually erased. Once a device
    is paired, the headset can then connect to that device to receive audio or voice from the device.

• Go into the device's paired list and manually select the Bluetooth.
    • You may need to clear your paired list in your headset and re-pair your headset to your device.
    • To clear your paired list in your headset, follow these steps: on the headset, press and hold the call and volume – buttons for 10 seconds
    • The headset will revert to discoverable mode (slowly blinking LED), allowing you to re-pair the computer you want connect.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mala. S

Microsoft Community

Mala_S, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Bluetooth devices will not connect

Hello Jean57sn, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

Down below I'm going to provide you with steps and instructions on how to help you with your issue which was listed by Lenovo Support to best help you.

Make sure your computer has the necessary hardware and that wireless is turned on. Bluetooth requires both hardware and software to work. Not all wireless networking hardware supports Bluetooth.

Method 1:

Step 1: Enable Bluetooth radio If Bluetooth is not turned on it may not show up in your control panel or device manager. We first need to enable the Bluetooth radio Press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key may be the, F8 or Press Fn+F5
    (or F5).

Step 2: Check the Bluetooth drivers

Click Start and search for "Device Manager"

Look for all Bluetooth listings by opening the Network Adapters category and the Bluetooth Radios category (if available). If you can't find any Bluetooth listings under Network adapter and Bluetooth radios proceed to next step B

Make sure the driver has no Yellow exclamation mark or Down arrow sign

- Yellow Mark = The Bluetooth hardware is not responding or set up correctly. Updating or reinstalling Bluetooth drivers may correct this problem

- Down Arrow= Bluetooth is disabled. Right-click the device and select Enable to turn on Bluetooth.

Method 2: Enable Discovery Mode

Click Start and search for "Change Bluetooth"

From the Options tab, select Allow Bluetooth device to find this computer, and make sure Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer is selected.

Click OK and try to connect to your device. If problems persist, continue to the next step.

Method 3: Update Bluetooth Drivers

Click Start and type "Device Manager"

In Device Manager locate the Bluetooth adapter. Right-click and select Update Driver Software,

Select Search automatically for updated driver software, and then follow the rest of the steps.

Then...

Click Start and type "Device Manager"

In Device Manager locate the Bluetooth adapter. Select Uninstall

Restart your machine and Windows will automatically install the driver after you logged in

I also suggest you refer to Lenovo support down below as this issue has to do with Microsoft for best support:

URL:
    https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht50...

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Sep 24, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Device Connection Issues - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Device Connection

2. Audio issues with Bluetooth connected devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues with Bluetooth connected devices: I have had this issue with many productsThose beings Beats Solo 3 and Samsung Airbuds.Basically anytime I try to use either of them for audio and mic they will not work.Not only that I have to go through a 10 minute process resetting things and even to the point of...
  3. Audio issues with Bluetooth connected devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issues with Bluetooth connected devices: I have had this issue with many productsThose beings Beats Solo 3 and Samsung Airbuds.Basically anytime I try to use either of them for audio and mic they will not work.Not only that I have to go through a 10 minute process resetting things and even to the point of...
  4. Audio issues with Bluetooth connected devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Device Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Device Connection Issues: Hi all,I'm having trouble connecting my bluetooth keyboard to my new PC. My keyboard works well on other devices and connection appears right away but on the new machine it doesn't even show upAll drivers have been updatedWould appreciate your advice...
  6. Bluetooth Device Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Device Connection Issues: Hi all,I'm having trouble connecting my bluetooth keyboard to my new PC. My keyboard works well on other devices and connection appears right away but on the new machine it doesn't even show upAll drivers have been updatedWould appreciate your advice...
  7. Bluetooth Device Connection Issues in Windows 10

Bluetooth Device Connection Issues in Windows 10: Many times the add Bluetooth device option is not working in Windows 10. It started to work only when we completed the windows update process. It takes nearly 1 day to complete the update process then only add blue tooth device option was working. Later on, if we set the...
  8. Issue with Bluetooth audio device connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Bluetooth audio device connection: Hello everyone, I came across a weird problem with BT audio devices.Whenever I connect to WIFI through my Laptop,BT device keeps showing connected but it is disconnected.After went through lot of community discussions online,Finally I found a solution.If you are going...
  9. Issues with connecting or installing a Bluetooth device

Issues with connecting or installing a Bluetooth device: Cannot get a device connected to Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-connecting-or-installing-a-bluetooth/9d230f93-3bb4-45f1-8570-425635c2f8a0
  10. Bluetooth device connectivity issue

Bluetooth device connectivity issue: After recent update on windows 10,I am not able to connect to my JBL go speakers which was previously paired. The windows is not able to search the speaker. I also tried connecting other Bluetooth devices but in vain....