Windows 10: Bluetooth device disappeared post Win10 1809 Install

Discus and support Bluetooth device disappeared post Win10 1809 Install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Upon updating to Win 10 Pro ver. 1809 today, everything works fine except the Bluetooth. The troubleshooter says "device not installed..." Funny, have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlesBurger, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Bluetooth device disappeared post Win10 1809 Install

Upon updating to Win 10 Pro ver. 1809 today, everything works fine except the Bluetooth. The troubleshooter says "device not installed..." Funny, have been using is for years!

Any help would be appreciated.

HP EliteBook Folio 9480m, i5-4210 16Gb mem 250 GB SSD. All HP drivers and s/w up to date.

:)

CharlesBurger, Oct 3, 2018
  2. PJL271250 Win User

Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager

I have the same problem as Benjamin with an Acer Aspire Switch 10. Was working fine with Bluetooth speaker. Now all trace of Bluetooth has disappeared from Device Manager. The Bluetooth troubleshooter tells me my tablet is not compatible with bluetooth!
    I have tried re-installing the Broadcom Bluetooth Driver from the Acer site but to no avail and tried most of the other suggestions including windows update listed in Benjamin's post.

Appreciate any help

PJL

PJL271250, Oct 3, 2018
  3. elwin133 Win User
    Asus X205TA clean install but no bluetooth device found

Was running Win10 with bluetooth perfectly well until a virus hit.
    Used Malwarebytes recovery and it found a couple thousand issues. Told it to fix everything and computer bricked.
    Took it to a local tech while on vacation in Mexico. Had a clean Win10 install done. It was a problem for the tech. He seems to have turned off UEFI to get legacy USB to work so he could clean install Win10. My only problem is no bluetooth.
    Device Manager does not list Bluetooth.
    Settings: Devices: does not list Bluetooth on the left side.
    I installed current Broadcom Bluetooth driver and it said successful.
    I checked Services and it says Bluetooth Support Service is running. And Bluetooth Handsfree Service is also running.
    Tried uninstalling wireless device, and that didn't help.
    Please.

elwin133, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Bluetooth device disappeared post Win10 1809 Install

Bluetooth Driver Disappears from Device Manager and Settings/Devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Drive. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Show Hidden Devices.
    • Search for the Bluetooth device.
    • Right click on the Bluetooth device and click
      uninstall.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth device disappeared post Win10 1809 Install

1. Bluetooth device disappeared post Win10 1809 Install - Similar Threads - Bluetooth device disappeared

2. bluetooth is disappear from device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth is disappear from device: in my device bluetooth option is disappear from device. my bluetooth and other audio speaker is also not connected.*Moved from Windows insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-disappear-from-device/5d80c473-f666-4998-b577-10e7ae3cd541
  3. bluetooth is disappear from device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth is disappear from device: in my device bluetooth option is disappear from device. my bluetooth and other audio speaker is also not connected.*Moved from Windows insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-disappear-from-device/5d80c473-f666-4998-b577-10e7ae3cd541
  4. Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager: Hi, I recently upgrade my whole computer and simply installed my old drive into it. Since my Windows became buggy over the year, I did a reset this PC. My new motherboard has Bluetooth integrated into it but I disappeared from my Windows task bar and settings. It was still in...
  5. Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager: Hi, I recently upgrade my whole computer and simply installed my old drive into it. Since my Windows became buggy over the year, I did a reset this PC. My new motherboard has Bluetooth integrated into it but I disappeared from my Windows task bar and settings. It was still in...
  6. Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager

7. Bluetooth device disappeared.

Bluetooth device disappeared.: Greetings, I have a Lenova IdeaPad 3 14IML05. In the specs for it clearly states that it has Bluetooth installed. I have had my phone paired with it for a long time. A few months ago, I disabled the call pairing feature because it was getting a little annoying having it pop...
  8. Bluetooth device disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device disappeared.: Greetings, I have a Lenova IdeaPad 3 14IML05. In the specs for it clearly states that it has Bluetooth installed. I have had my phone paired with it for a long time. A few months ago, I disabled the call pairing feature because it was getting a little annoying having it pop...
  9. Bluetooth as standard device Win10?

Bluetooth as standard device Win10?: Hi. The following situation: I have the laptop and the beamer as my choice of speakers. I am connected to my Bluetooth speaker but cannot select it as a playback device. How can I add my Bluetooth speaker to my playback devices? Bluetooth als Standartgerät Win10?
  10. Bluetooth Devices disappear from Device Manager

Bluetooth Devices disappear from Device Manager: Hello, I have some problem. my bluetooth devices not appear in the device manager. i've tried to view by "show hidden device" but it's not appear. in the previous time, I uninstalled it because my bluetooth didn't work. i've read a page that told me if the bluetooth will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove bluetooth device failed 1809

2. windows 10 1809 bootcamp bluetooth disappear

3. win10 1809 hp bluetooth

4. windows 10 1809 bluetooth no longer available,
  5. bluetooth disappeared hp elitebook,
  6. bluetooth handsfree service missing windows 10 1809,
  7. windows 10 1809 missing bluetooth handsfree service,
  8. enable bluetooth hands free service windows 10 1809,
  9. bluetooth handsfree service download 1809,
  10. windows 1809 shows device does not have bluetooth how can i solve it,
  11. windows 1809 broadcom bluetooth,