Windows 10: Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.

Discus and support Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My bluetooth stereo Denon AVR-S510BT is recognized by Windows 10 as an Audio Device. However, its not recognized as a sound output device. I wish to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClayGillespie1, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.

My bluetooth stereo Denon AVR-S510BT is recognized by Windows 10 as an Audio Device. However, its not recognized as a sound output device. I wish to route Windows Media Player, etc to the Bluetooth stereo, but not happening. Advice?

Below are snapshots of the Bluetooth devices and Sound devices currently seen by my W10 computer:

Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device. 3b00be2e-36da-44ec-878a-65279fb9dee2?upload=true.jpg

Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device. b372219d-ff46-450f-a03e-0e05a9a6bac1?upload=true.jpg

:)

ClayGillespie1, Nov 6, 2020
  2. netter Win User

No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, Nov 6, 2020
  3. ShogoXT Win User
    Vista sound output to two devices

Ive tried to search this up, but so far I haven't found good results.

I have a Sound Blaster X-fi PCI-E and the Radeon 4890 HDMI audio for outputs.
    I have them both working separately on the audio devices list on Vista Home Premium.
    I FINALLY got screen cloning to work in games, but audio will only output to one or the other.
    This depends on what I have set to default.

Is there anyway to get Vista to output all audio to BOTH devices?

Thanks in advance.

ShogoXT, Nov 6, 2020
  4. pepanee Win User

Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.

Audio output device problem

Try this:

Go to Sounds. Under the Playback tab, right click on your Bluetooth device and press: Set as Default Device

Restart the computer, and go back here to check to see if it is now your default device or not.

Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device. [​IMG]

pepanee, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.

1. Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Device Recognized

2. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  3. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  4. Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device: My Jabees bluetooth earbuds have been working fine with my HP Envy. Recently, they have stopped showing up as an output option even though they are connected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled them, drivers, and anything else I can think of. I also noticed that when I find...
  5. Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device

Bluetooth earbuds connected but not recognized as sound input/output device: My Jabees bluetooth earbuds have been working fine with my HP Envy. Recently, they have stopped showing up as an output option even though they are connected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled them, drivers, and anything else I can think of. I also noticed that when I find...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  7. Audio Device is listed in the Device Manager, but not recognized as an in-/ or output in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Device is listed in the Device Manager, but not recognized as an in-/ or output in...: Dear Microsoft Support Team, context: I'm using an audio interface Yamaha AG06 to capture sound from an XLR-microphone, and else. It can be used for plug n' play purposes and I never had a problem with it since I've reset my PC a couple of months ago. This morning I...
  8. No Sound No Output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound No Output device: Running 19042.746 on a ASUS 2n1 computer. I believe this started 1 or 2 updates ago. I have no sound from the speakers or earphones with "the hardware device is not connected to the computer Code45" and "No output devices found" no pull down for choice. Device manager does...
  9. Bluetooth audio device is "Connected" but the device isn't recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio device is "Connected" but the device isn't recognized: After working through the issue with my headphones pairing but not connecting in Windows, now they're connected but Window's doesn't "see them." The error I get says "That didn't work. Make sure your device is still discoverable, then try again." This message appears in the...
  10. audio output device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio output device: My laptop has no audio output device installed, can someone help me rectify this problem/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-device/bf8d0d4c-fc5d-4db5-ad34-f9b69a93ba46