Windows 10: Bluetooth Device not Connecting to desktop

Discus and support Bluetooth Device not Connecting to desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have headphones that can connect to my phone and laptop via Bluetooth but can't connect to my desktop. I have tried deleting and reinstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenjaminGershman, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Bluetooth Device not Connecting to desktop

I have headphones that can connect to my phone and laptop via Bluetooth but can't connect to my desktop. I have tried deleting and reinstalling Bluetooth drivers, made desktop discoverable, turned on/off Bluetooth. Restarted Bluetooth services through services.msc. This is the message that appears when I try to add a Bluetooth device, like my headphones. Do I need a dongle for Bluetooth connection? How can I fix the Bluetooth on the desktop so I can connect my headphone?

Bluetooth Device not Connecting to desktop a30fdccf-e1a8-4cec-b34a-26f53a1f00d9?upload=true.png

:)

BenjaminGershman, Nov 8, 2018
  2. jhearcht Win User

Bluetooth : allow device to connect greyed out

Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC

I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as "paired". In the Bluetooth popup, "allow a device to connect" is greyed out. After a Google search, I know this is a common problem, but proposed solutions don't work in my case. I tried rebooting both PC and phone, but no help. I installed the latest Bluetooth driver from Intel, but no change.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

jhearcht, Nov 8, 2018
  3. No sound as PC is connected to a bluetooth device.

Hi Samuel,

As per your description, I understand that there is no sound in your PC as it shows that it is currently connected to a Bluetooth device which you do not recognize.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Have you connected your PC to Bluetooth speakers?

2. Do you recognize the device that is connected to your PC?

3. Does the Bluetooth device display under Control Panel > Devices and Printers?

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if you will be able to remove the device in question.

To remove the device from your PC, follow the steps below

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Your reply is very important to ensure that we provide the appropriate resolution. Do provide the above information so that we can proceed further.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Bluetooth Device not Connecting to desktop

Bluetooth is paired but not connecting to any device

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We understand your concern, but in order to help you better I would like you to answer the questions stated below;

• Do you get any error message when connecting the device?
    • Are the drivers updated?
    Step 1:

I would like to suggest that you log into Safe Mode with networking and check if the issue persist, if not try the steps below.

• Open Run Command (Windows button +R)
    • A dialog box will open type “msconfig”
    • Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal as option.
    • Restart Computer
    • Follow the same procedure and uncheck the safe box in Boot tab to return to normal desktop mode.

Step2:

I suggest that you update your Bluetooth and Touchpad drivers. Follow the steps below to perform an update.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand “Bluetooth”.
    • Find and double-click on Bluetoothfrom the left panel to uninstall.
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth Device not Connecting to desktop

1. Bluetooth Device not Connecting to desktop - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Device Connecting

2. Bluetooth devices not connecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth devices not connecting.: Hi, when I try to pair bluetooth devices to my pc, it pops up in the devices screen where I can select what device to use. But when I try to connect it, all it does is load for very long and afterwards I get a message with: Try to connect the device again. I am in range of...
  3. Connection with bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connection with bluetooth device: I am trying to connect with my bluetooth neckband and earlier aftere connection, it used to show voice,music but now only music is getting connected but not not the voice. Basically Mic is not getting connected. I tried to connect my neckband with other device and it works...
  4. Bluetooth Device not connecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Device not connecting.: I performed a reset through cloud download of my HP Pavilion 15-dk0050tx Windows 10 Laptop from windows' settings app.After the reset, I observed that my laptop is unable to connect to my mobile through Bluetooth.So I tried a few things from "answers.microsoft.com".What I...
  5. Bluetooth Device not connecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Device not connecting.: I performed a reset through cloud download of my HP Pavilion 15-dk0050tx Windows 10 Laptop from windows' settings app.After the reset, I observed that my laptop is unable to connect to my mobile through Bluetooth.So I tried a few things from "answers.microsoft.com".What I...
  6. bluetooth devices not connecting

bluetooth devices not connecting: I've been through a lot of solutions listed on this forum. I've been trying to connect both a Bose SoundSport and a Taotronics something. At first I got "try connecting your device again" when trying to pair. I managed to pair the TaoTronics headset, but then it wouldn't...
  7. Connecting a Bluetooth device

Connecting a Bluetooth device: My Skullcandy Bluetooth audio not getting connectednot finding the device even https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-a-bluetooth-device/7c9cf37b-f101-4e0a-b5ce-e9cd1695a739
  8. Can't connect Bluetooth device through desktop adapter

Can't connect Bluetooth device through desktop adapter: I purchased this Bluetooth adapter a while ago installed the drivers and was able to connect my headphones via "Bluetooth & other devices" but after I updated my PC, when I go to where my headphones are it says "Bluetooth is turned off". Windows recognizes the driver and the...
  9. Bluetooth devices will not connect

Bluetooth devices will not connect: I'm on a Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 with Windows 10. In the middle of a game, my Bluetooth mouse stopped working. I tried the usual, change the batteries in the mouse, turn Bluetooth off and on, remove the device and try re-adding. Doesn't even find it to re-add. Then I notice all my...
  10. bluetooth device not connecting

bluetooth device not connecting: my beats solo 3 wasn't working correctly so I clicked "forget my device", they are working fine now but I can't connect them to my laptop. when I go into "add a bluetooth or other device" and try to connect to them, they don't come up. how to I connect them again?...