Windows 10: Bluetooth device not paired, but visible in Device Manager; Unable to reconnect it

Discus and support Bluetooth device not paired, but visible in Device Manager; Unable to reconnect it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use a DualShock 4 controller to play games on Steam. I've never had issues up until now. Yesterday, I used the same DualShock 4 controller with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/somewhit1, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Bluetooth device not paired, but visible in Device Manager; Unable to reconnect it

I use a DualShock 4 controller to play games on Steam. I've never had issues up until now.

Yesterday, I used the same DualShock 4 controller with my PS4, then switched it back to PC, only I noticed that it wasn't in the list of paired devices on my computer anymore. When I went to pair it again, the controller entered pair mode, but never showed up in the list of found devices.

The controller works with my phone as well as the PS4, so I don't think the controller is at fault here.

I checked the Device Manager for any weirdness, and sure enough, there's a Bluetooth device called "Wireless Controller," which makes me think the PC believes that controller is still connected. To reiterate, there is no record of a paired wireless controller or any odd peripheral in my Bluetooth settings.

I've tried uninstalling it in Device Manager, but when I scan for hardware changes it detects the phantom controller and re-installs the driver. Disabling it doesn't fix anything, either.

As a test, I tried a different (slightly broken) DualShock 4 controller, and it works like a charm, creating a second "Wireless Controller" entry under Bluetooth devices in the Device Manager. When I unpair/remove it from my Bluetooth settings, the new entry disappears, leaving only the phantom "Wireless Controller" in Device Manager.

I'm thinking there's some Bluetooth address weirdness happening, but I'm not experienced enough to know how to fix this problem, and I haven't seen any posts that match mine.

Can anyone help?

submitted by /u/somewhit1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/somewhit1, Jun 27, 2020

2. Bluetooth devices will not reconnect after paired

After the latest major update to windows 10, my Bluetooth headset and my Bluetooth keyboard, after pairing, will not reconnect after disconnected. These devices have always been able to reconnect for subsequent uses even after original windows 10 install.
    After this latest update, they no longer automatically reconnect. They are both listed in the devices list but will not connect. I have to remove and repair every time. Thanks for any help.

jayanddeborah, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Bluetooth Devices will not Pair

Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct Forum !

I have a Microsoft Mouse 5000 and Wedge keyboard (the early one that does not fold).
    Both have been working perfectly.

Recently I paired them both successfully with a new Samsung tablet, but when I came to use them again on my laptop,
    I found that I could not pair either of them.

I have spent countless hours researching this without success.

Here's where I am now:

Settings > Bluetooth & other devices does not list either of them.
    Device Manager > Bluetooth has both of them showing and reports both working properly.

Device Manager reports as follows:

Notebook Mouse 5000:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded
    The Events tab says that further installation is required

Wedge Mobile Keyboard:
    No driver files are required or have been loaded
    The Events tab says that further installation is required

The 2 Service Discovery Service entries also report that further installation is required.

Can anyone suggest the way forward, please ?

Regards.

stuartgb100, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Bluetooth device not paired, but visible in Device Manager; Unable to reconnect it

Reconnecting to bluetooth paired device

Hi, I recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I have several devices paired via bluetooth, including headsets, mobile phones and joysticks (game controllers).

In Win 7, the interface was much simpler - I'd simply go to the bluetooth device section, right-click the device and select connect.

In Win 10, I figured how to do with headsets (right-click the volume icon and select "Playback devices"). It is more complicated, but still works. The device was previously paired and reconnects successfully.

The problem occurs with other devices, especially game controllers. They're paired and work the first time. In Win 7, you would just turn everything o, right-click the device on the list and connect. That simply isn't possible anymore. I've been having to
    select to forget device and pair all over again.

Please tell me there is another way! Or else, the bluetooth on Win 10 just seems broken...

DanielKuhn, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth device not paired, but visible in Device Manager; Unable to reconnect it

1. Bluetooth device not paired, but visible in Device Manager; Unable to reconnect it - Similar Threads - Bluetooth device paired

2. Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device: So I just paired a BT controller and it seems my only way to reconnect when it's needed e.g. a computer restart is literally by removing the device and pairing it again.So how in the world can I reconnect my controller on Windows anyway? In theory, I could connect it using...
  3. Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device: So I just paired a BT controller and it seems my only way to reconnect when it's needed e.g. a computer restart is literally by removing the device and pairing it again.So how in the world can I reconnect my controller on Windows anyway? In theory, I could connect it using...
  4. Reconnect a recently paired Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Reconnect paired devices to Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reconnect paired devices to Laptop: [ATTACH] I have a problem regarding windows and the reconnecting of paired devices. I have three Bluetooth devices, an Xbox One S controller, an 8bitdo SN30+ controller, and a pair Galaxy Buds +. I have all three connected to my PC. I also have all three paired with my...
  6. Unable to connect to paired bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to connect to paired bluetooth device.: I have headphones that works on other computers. I installed all available updates with windows and vendor-specific tool. I can pair the device, but no option to connect is shown afterward. There is only one button to remove the device. I would like to also connect...
  7. Bluetooth devices not visible!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth devices not visible!!!!!!!: As this has been my 2nd post ...My PC doesn't show any Bluetooth in "Add Device " option.............I tried every method i.e reinstalling the drivers,stopping and rerunning the service of Bluetooth........But at last here i am writing my complain its been 8 months...
  8. Unable to pair the bluetooth device

Unable to pair the bluetooth device: Hello, I have problems connecting Bluetooth devices to my PC. The bluetooth worked about 3 weeks ago and stopped working about 3 days. Anyway, I am quite convinced that the new driver broke down with an update. The bluetooth, from all external appearances, seems to be...
  9. Unable to pair bluetooth device

Unable to pair bluetooth device: Hello, I am having issues connecting bluetooth devices to my PC. The bluetooth was a working about 3 weeks ago and stopped working about 3 days after my service plan with dell ran out...suspicious. Anyway, I'm pretty well convinced that the new driver broke it (because...
  10. Bluetooth Devices will not Pair

Bluetooth Devices will not Pair: Hi, Hopefully this is the correct Forum ! I have a Microsoft Mouse 5000 and Wedge keyboard (the early one that does not fold). Both have been working perfectly. Recently I paired them both successfully with a new Samsung tablet, but when I came to use them again on...