Windows 10: Bluetooth device not recognized in Windows 10

Discus and support Bluetooth device not recognized in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm just setting up my Windows 10 Desktop computer. I have a Logitech K810 keyboard, it connects via Bluetooth, but I can't get my computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alleyoop, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Alleyoop Win User

Bluetooth device not recognized in Windows 10

Hi, I'm just setting up my Windows 10 Desktop computer. I have a Logitech K810 keyboard, it connects via Bluetooth, but I can't get my computer to recognize it. The Logitech site says it's compatible with Windows 10.
    On my computer, in the action centre, the bluetooth square is blue, but when I go to Connected Devices and Add A Device it doesn't find anything. In Device Manager Bluetooth doesn't even show as a category.
    The keyboard pairs readily with my Android phone, but my Android phone is not recognized by Windows 10 either.
    Anybody help me here?
    Thank you.

:)

Alleyoop, Jul 1, 2016

2. Bluetooth Not Working

Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10.

Windows 7 clearly recognized all my devices.

Windows 10 recognizes some devices but others it does not.

One device states must run with Bluetooth 4.0 but ran before fine on Windows 7.

Is there a fix or download for Windows 10 to resolve this?

johnshield, Jul 1, 2016
  3. cfrac Win User
    Bluetooth pairing Windows 10 desktop

Purchased a Jabra bluetooth headset to pair with my HP desktop with Windows 10. Have not been able to get the desktop to recognize the headset or my Iphone 6 in the Connected devices field but it does recognize my Windows 10 laptop. I see the Jabra headset
    is shown as a device in the Control Panel but not in the Connected devices in Settings. There is not a Bluetooth field in Settings on the desktop but there is on the laptop. Do I need to create/add the bluetooth category field in Devices in Settings? How would
    I do that?

cfrac, Jul 1, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Welcome to this forum Alleyoop.
    Have you tried as following attachment....

dencal, Jul 1, 2016
  5. Alleyoop Win User
    Thank you very much for the reply and for the welcome dencal.
    In Settings>Devices I have Printers and Scanners, Connected Devices, Mouse and Touchpad, Typing etc. No Bluetooth option.
    Is there a driver I need to install?

Alleyoop, Jul 2, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    I had to on one of my Dell Notebooks, fortunately Dell had a Win10-compatible driver. My HP Notebook works fine including the finger-swipe logon.

Berton, Jul 2, 2016
  7. Alleyoop Win User
    Thanks for the info. My system is a custom build. Microsoft should offer one?
    I'll do some checking.

Alleyoop, Jul 2, 2016
  8. dencal Win User

dencal, Jul 2, 2016
  9. Alleyoop Win User
    Thank you for that Dencal. I was hopeful that would solve my problem, but I installed Setpoint and it repeatedly said it was not able to pair my device in the allocated time.
    I still suspect the problem is with Windows 10, the fact that it doesn't seem to have Bluetooth capability, but I made an enquiry with Logitech support anyway.

Alleyoop, Jul 2, 2016
  10. dencal Win User
    Did you try pressing either F1, F2 or F3 on the keyboard to set up Bluetooth as shown on first link?

dencal, Jul 2, 2016
  11. Alleyoop Win User
    Oh sure, that's why I don't think the keyboard is the problem, it pairs perfectly with my Android smart phone.
    Windows 10 just doesn't show an option to connect a Bluetooth device.
    I downloaded a Bluetooth PC Stack, but I don't know what it is or what it does. It just unzipped into my Appdata folder and doesn't seem to have changed anything.
    I'll contact Microsoft support I think.

Alleyoop, Jul 3, 2016
  12. Berton Win User
    I may have missed something but the motherboard in your System Specs does not show a Bluetooth adapter as part of it nor does it show Wi-Fi/Wireless Networking adapter.
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-B150M-D3H (rev. 1.0)

Haven't seen many Desktops having Bluetooth, usually is a third-party USB dongle [which I use on a Desktop to pair with a PDA]. Many models of Notebooks include Bluetooth and it's usually part of the Wi-Fi adapter. If you've added the Bluetooth dongle you should have gotten a driver disc or have to go the maker's site to get the drivers. Mine is a Broadcom 2046 Bluetooth 2.1 USB UHE Dongle. Bottom line, without the adapter there is no ability to make a connection with a particular machine.

Berton, Jul 3, 2016
  13. Alleyoop Win User

You're right. I checked back with the shop today and he sold me a Bluetooth dongle, ha ha. Up and running now.
    Cheers, really appreciate the help.

Alleyoop, Jul 4, 2016
  14. Berton Win User
    You're welcome, glad you got it going.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bluetooth device not recognized in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth device recognized

2. Bluetooth not recognizing any devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not recognizing any devices: Hi everyone, i recently bought a slate computer, however i am having problems connecting bluetooth devices to it as it doesnt recognize anything at all. i tried to update drivers, this platform is not allowing me to upload images is there any other way i can provide...
  3. My Windows 10 will not recognize bluetooth audio devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows 10 will not recognize bluetooth audio devices.: My windows 10 PC cannot find any bluetooth audio devices. It recognizes my TV Samsung Q75 but will not find my Airpods nor the Jabra Elite 75T headphones. Why would this happen?...
  4. My Windows 10 will not recognize bluetooth audio devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 will not recognize bluetooth audio devices.: My windows 10 PC cannot find any bluetooth audio devices. It recognizes my TV Samsung Q75 but will not find my Airpods nor the Jabra Elite 75T headphones. Why would this happen?...
  5. My Windows 10 will not recognize bluetooth audio devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Bluetooth not recognizing devices

Bluetooth not recognizing devices: So recently I upgraded my HP pavilion g6 from HDD to SSD, converted it to 10Gb ram, and also installed fresh OS on SSD but since then my Bluetooth doesn't seem to work. When I try adding new devices it just keeps on scanning. it doesn't recognize my mobile phones or...
  7. Windows 10 Won't Recognize Bluetooth Device

Windows 10 Won't Recognize Bluetooth Device: I have been using an Mpow Flame headset/microphone bluetooth device with my computer for a few months now, but 2 weeks ago, my TechKey USB Dongle just stopped responding. It would connect when I first opened up my computer, but wouldn't work with Zoom or play any audio from...
  8. Bluetooth device not recognized

Bluetooth device not recognized: I am trying to connect my wireless sports stereo headsets, but my windows 10 laptop is not recognizing the device, and the 'allow a device to connect' option is disabled. Please help me out...
  9. Laptop not recognizing bluetooth devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop not recognizing bluetooth devices?: I've never paired devices to my laptop before, so maybe this has always been an issue -- just an unnoticed one. I have now have a bluetooth keyboard and speaker that I want to pair, but they just... don't show up. I know there's nothing wrong with the devices because they...
  10. Windows 10 Will Not Recognize Bluetooth Devices

Windows 10 Will Not Recognize Bluetooth Devices: I have gone through all the troubleshooting tips I can find online, including: removing usb devices on PC; uninstalling and reinstalling bluetooth; reinstalling drivers; making sure bluetooth is on; running windows bluetooth troubleshooting; setting properties on bluetooth to...