Windows 10: Bluetooth Device Not Showing

Discus and support Bluetooth Device Not Showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an LG HBS1100 Bluetooth headset that I would like to pair with my PC. Usually(on my laptop) when the headset is in pairing mode it shows up as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Exerosis, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Exerosis Win User

Bluetooth Device Not Showing

I have an LG HBS1100 Bluetooth headset that I would like to pair with my PC. Usually(on my laptop) when the headset is in pairing mode it shows up as two devices. LG HBS1100_BLE and LG HBS1100 if you attempt to pair to the _BLE device windows says "something didn't work" however it pairs just fine to the other device. Having just finished building a new desktop I sys-prepped and cloned my laptops harddrive and booted that on my desktop. After installing the Bluetooth drivers, the list of paired devices from the laptop is still here, but it won't connect to any of the devices(not surprised). I clicked remove device on HBS1100 and windows said 'Remove failed' after trying again it removed the device just fine. The issue is, now for some reason it no longer detects HBS1100, but it does detect HBS1100_BLE just fine. I tried going back to my laptop to make sure it isn't the headset, and it pairs with the laptop just fine. I also reinstalled the Bluetooth drivers on the desktop which didn't help. Any ideas?

Thank you very much ~

:)

Exerosis, Jan 1, 2017

2. Intel Wireless Bluetooth not showing in Device Manager in HP ZBook Studio G3 Mobile Workstation

Hi,

Looking for your kind post. Best of luck. I too hope, that work for you.

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Jan 1, 2017
  3. Baliwind Win User
    Intel Wireless Bluetooth not showing in Device Manager in HP ZBook Studio G3 Mobile Workstation

Thanks again but I had already tried that fix and it didn't help.

I will do a clean install when time permits and post the result here. Hopefully that fixes it.

Baliwind, Jan 1, 2017
  4. Bluetooth Device Not Showing

Long Shot - You said you installed the bluetooth drivers. I know in the case of Intel they have drivers and software. Two installations. Does your OEM have something similar? Tried to access their site, no go.

Caledon Ken, Jan 3, 2017
  5. Exerosis Win User
    Thanks so much for your reply. Yes there was a WiFi driver and a Bluetooth driver. I installed both though.

Exerosis, Jan 3, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Does the new Desktop have the Bluetooth adapter on the motherboard? My 2 older Desktops have a USB dongle to get Bluetooth but my new ASUS computer has Bluetooth built into the motherboard along with Wireless/Wi-Fi. On all my Notebooks the Bluetooth is part of the Wireless adapter, turn the Wireless off and the Bluetooth is off.

Berton, Jan 3, 2017
  7. Exerosis Win User
    It has a combo wifi and Bluetooth adapter. It's pci, but needs usb connection for Bluetooth.

Exerosis, Jan 3, 2017
  8. Bluetooth Device Not Showing

Please create an Image of your machine and a Windows restore point. I would recommend Macrium Reflect for Image. Its free and recommended by other members. So with the disclaimer out of the way.

Have you tried uninstalling the device and the software. When you uninstall device remove the driver software. Some devices like graphics cards have third party apps to completely remove driver bits and pieces. Don't think this is the case here but you might want to check at vendor site. You haven't mentioned, what blue tooth / wireless adapter are you using.

I would also uninstall the wireless driver and software as well. (little more risk as I assume you are connect wireless, maybe not)

Then when you apply blue tooth you will apply same versioning of wireless drivers. Of course removing wireless could make things ugly as a laptop with no blue tooth is a pain, a laptop with no connectivity is a boat anchor. You likely still have NIC.

With an "Image" and a known way to restore you could always go back to where you are now, connected with wacky blue tooth.

Thoughts?

Caledon Ken, Jan 3, 2017
  9. Exerosis Win User
    My Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I

This was basically the first thing I tried, completely removed the drivers for both Wireless and BT, then reinstalled. No luck at all, it still can't see my headset. Is there a simple way of resetting all the Bluetooth settings/saved data? I have no idea if that would help, but I don't think it helps to have 'paired' devices that aren't actually paired.

Exerosis, Jan 3, 2017
  10. Following lots of threads, sorry I didn't go back and reread. I think you said device shows and you cannot remove it. I googled and found one thread where they suggested that you first disable wireless and then try removal. ?????

It worked for them.

Maybe even try pairing with wireless disabled to see if behavior changes after removing.

Caledon Ken, Jan 3, 2017
  11. Exerosis Win User
    At first it didn't remove, although the second time I tried it worked. I just thought the strange behavior might be responsible for the problem. Tried pairing with wireless disabled... didn't work.

Exerosis, Jan 3, 2017
  12. Small wonders. Okay now with nothing shown as paired would now be the right time to re-install everything. Have to admit this is long, okay, very long shot.

Caledon Ken, Jan 3, 2017
  13. Bluetooth Device Not Showing

Sorry for additional post. I assume you are getting and using driver directly from Gigabyte.

I know you mention you changed Bluetooth Support Services to start to Automatic.

Saw a solution that suggested using Windows Troulbeshooting. Not sure if you have tried this. Type Troubleshooting into cortana search bar, click Troubleshooting(Control Panel) at top, window opens, click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

Caledon Ken, Jan 3, 2017
  14. Exerosis Win User
    Hummm doesn't seem to help.

Exerosis, Jan 5, 2017
  15. Well I'm out of ideas. Of course there is the clean install without anything being cloned from laptop. Not sure if that did something. Maybe a Windows 10 reset.

Do an Image and data back up. .

I did another search and looked for tool to completely remove driver. They make them for Video so I thought.

I found one call Driver Talent. I am not recommending this tool. I have never used, I don't know the cost and not sure what it does to registry. Mix reviews at MajorGeek. That said I found it so I thought I would mention. Maybe you can find another.

Interesting that technologies that are so widely used have such difficulties. Everything is blue tooth or wireless these days. We need a simple and effective reset.

Good luck. Post back with what you did next.

Caledon Ken, Jan 5, 2017
Thema:

Bluetooth Device Not Showing

1. Bluetooth Device Not Showing - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Device Showing

2. Bluetooth not showing in device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not showing in device manager.: Saw other solutions, but when I go to troubleshoot it. Hardware is not an option. I only see Bluetooth. When I click Bluetooth it says not avaliable....
  3. Bluetooth not showing in device manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not showing in device manager.: Saw other solutions, but when I go to troubleshoot it. Hardware is not an option. I only see Bluetooth. When I click Bluetooth it says not avaliable....
  4. Bluetooth not showing in device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bluetooth is not showing any devices?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth is not showing any devices?: Hi, I update my windows 10 32bit to 64bit then everything works fine but the one problem is with Bluetooth it is not showing any device i don't know why i tried updating the driver and updated successfully also in the services section i start the Bluetooth services but...
  6. Bluetooth Not Showing in Device Manager

Bluetooth Not Showing in Device Manager: I have an updated version of Windows 10 with an Asus Rog-Strix z390 motherboard that is bluetooth compatible. Bluetooth was working a month ago no problem Upon logging into the PC, not having been on for about 30 days, my bluetooth has disappeared. Here is what I have...
  7. Bluetooth not showing on Device Manager

Bluetooth not showing on Device Manager: Host Name: DESKTOP-BLVM7TI OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language System Model: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC System Type: x64-based PC Serial Number: 5CD3142X5W Bluetooth Icon not showing on Device Manager after enabling show hidden icons also. I have tried...
  8. Bluetooth not showing in Device Manager

Bluetooth not showing in Device Manager: Hi, I have recently installed Windows 10 Home on my assembled PC. As i wanted to pair the device i.e my Android phone with my this PC i came across this problem. In Action Centre when expanded no Bluetooth icon displayed. When clicked on Device manager it doesn't show...
  9. Bluetooth Device not showing for "output"

Bluetooth Device not showing for "output": I've been a cochlear implantee for about 2 years now. Advanced Bionics have just released a new device called the Naida CI Connect which (basically) allows the implant processor to connect directly to ANY Bluetooth device. I am trying to stream audio from my laptop directly...
  10. Bluetooth is not showing any device

Bluetooth is not showing any device: when i turn on bluetooth in windows 10, it doesn't show any devices. But this bluetooth device is available in other phone or laptop. I updated bluetooth driver but not working. Is here any solution??...