Windows 10: Bluetooth device remove failed

Discus and support Bluetooth device remove failed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have kensington Slimblade mouse. It used to quit and I would remove and reinstall. Now it says "remove failed"??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackHendrix1, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Bluetooth device remove failed

I have kensington Slimblade mouse. It used to quit and I would remove and reinstall. Now it says "remove failed"??

:)

JackHendrix1, Mar 26, 2020
  2. marknl Win User

Bluetooth device can't be removed

Hey,
    I connected my bluetooth speaker today to my laptop to test if it worked: Acer Aspire 5742ZG
    It worked until today I wanted to remove the device. I'm unable to disconnect/remove it. It show's up in Devices and printers.

Why I want to remove it is because I want to connect a bluetooth keyboard.

In Windows there is this information on the device:

Bluetooth device remove failed [​IMG]

Where in the screenshot can be read: Status: Attached was - is now Status: Removing device. (I right clicked remove device).
    That's all there is and it remains like: Status: Failed removing device and later I see Status: Connected again. How can I remove this device so that I can connect a new device?
    For the rest, there are also no settings in Windows 10 anymore that have to do with bluetooth.

Before I could easy setup bluetooth from the icon on the taskbar (the bluetooth logo). Now I see nowhere bluetooth except the device that can be shown on the first screenshot. For me this is a very difficult problem because bluetooth no longer works in Windows 10. I've set already wireless off to try to remove the device since it is a broadwell bluetooth device and the wireless LAN is also from broadwell. In Windows Device Manager there is no device related to bluetooth that can be removed. It also sounds strange to me the device is shown like a bluetooth peripheral device.

Bluetooth device remove failed [​IMG]

Thank you so much for additional help !! *Rolleyes

mark

marknl, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Bluetooth device migration.

Hi FredOlson1,

Sounds like a Bluetooth driver conflict to me. Did you make any changes on your laptop prior to the issue? What is the build and version of your Windows 10? In the meantime, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1: Lets remove the Megacra sound bar from your Bluetooth device list.

1. Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth & other devices.
    2. Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Restart your laptop.

Step 2: Download and install the latest Bluetooth driver directly from Dell support website.

Step 3: Pair again your Bluetooth device to your laptop. Kindly check for the device manual for the instructions.

You may also want to check this article for the list of troubleshooting steps to fix Bluetooth connection issues.

Kindly update us with the results.

Gemzon Mar, Mar 26, 2020
  4. HojabrA Win User

Bluetooth device remove failed

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth device remove failed

1. Bluetooth device remove failed - Similar Threads - Bluetooth device remove

2. Duplicate Bluetooth Device Removal Keeps Failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Bluetooth Device Removal Keeps Failing: To be specific, I previously connected some earbuds to my computer. After I changed the Wi-Fi card and re-connected the earbuds, another device for those buds popped up while the old one stayed, which is the one I can't remove....
  3. Duplicate Bluetooth Device Removal Keeps Failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Bluetooth Device Removal Keeps Failing: To be specific, I previously connected some earbuds to my computer. After I changed the Wi-Fi card and re-connected the earbuds, another device for those buds popped up while the old one stayed, which is the one I can't remove....
  4. Bluetooth devices FAIL to remove and randomly disconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth devices FAIL to remove and randomly disconnect.: Hi,I recently changed my motherboard from a b550 from a prebuilt to a rog strix b550f. Absolutely everything works flawlessly and booted with no errors of any kind however windows has an issue with Bluetooth devices. I have tried two different wireless cards and the problem...
  5. Bluetooth devices FAIL to remove and randomly disconnect.

Bluetooth devices FAIL to remove and randomly disconnect.: Hi,I recently changed my motherboard from a b550 from a prebuilt to a rog strix b550f. Absolutely everything works flawlessly and booted with no errors of any kind however windows has an issue with Bluetooth devices. I have tried two different wireless cards and the problem...
  6. Bluetooth removed Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth removed Device: I had accidently removed my mouse Rival 3 Wireless from Bluetooth, and I cant seem to get it back it wont appear on the Bluetooth add-ons and it does have enough batteries but I dont know what's wrong with it. If anyone can help me that would be great, right now I have my...
  7. Bluetooth removed Device

Bluetooth removed Device: I had accidently removed my mouse Rival 3 Wireless from Bluetooth, and I cant seem to get it back it wont appear on the Bluetooth add-ons and it does have enough batteries but I dont know what's wrong with it. If anyone can help me that would be great, right now I have my...
  8. Bluetooth removed Device

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Bluetooth device failed to remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth device failed to remove: I am having an issue with removing my Xbox One controller from Windows 10 under bluetooth settings. I was having an unrelated issue I was trying to resolve and I used a USB bluetooth adapter that came from my desktop to see if it was my laptop's bluetooth device that was...
  10. remove bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    remove bluetooth devices: I have unacceptable lag in Bluetooth keyboard and mouse response. I also have built a considerable and duplicative list of Bluetooth devices in Windows 10 Settings list. Will deleting the duplicate devices aid keyboard and mouse response? Is there an easy way to control...