Windows 10: Bluetooth device shows in "Devices and Printers", is not working and I cannot remove it.

Discus and support Bluetooth device shows in "Devices and Printers", is not working and I cannot remove it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm Mike. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 10. It is absolutely up to date with all Windows updates, as of today anyway. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by W.MichaelHollingsworth, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Bluetooth device shows in "Devices and Printers", is not working and I cannot remove it.

Hi, I'm Mike.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 10. It is absolutely up to date with all Windows updates, as of today anyway.

I have a bluetooth earpiece that has been working fine for about a month now, but now it is not functioning. Device Manager shows me that my Qualcomm QCA61x4A has been shut down by Windows with a Code 43.

The bluetooth icon does not appear in Action Center. When I go into "Settings/Bluetooth and other devices", it shows my earpiece but is grayed out and says Bluetooth is turned off. Without the Action Center icon, I cannot turn it on OR off.

Furthermore, in "Devices and Printers", I can see my earpiece and it indicates it is paired, but when I right-click and select Remove device, it tells me the remove has failed and returns to a state of being paired.

In Device Manager, I have uninstalled the driver for bluetooth.

In Services I have stopped and/or disabled 3 different bluetooth services.

And I still cannot remove the earpiece in "Devices and Printers".

Any thoughts, anyone?

:)

W.MichaelHollingsworth, Jan 8, 2019
  2. marknl Win User

Bluetooth device can't be removed

Hey,
    I connected my bluetooth speaker today to my laptop to test if it worked: Acer Aspire 5742ZG
    It worked until today I wanted to remove the device. I'm unable to disconnect/remove it. It show's up in Devices and printers.

Why I want to remove it is because I want to connect a bluetooth keyboard.

In Windows there is this information on the device:

Bluetooth device shows in "Devices and Printers", is not working and I cannot remove it. [​IMG]

Where in the screenshot can be read: Status: Attached was - is now Status: Removing device. (I right clicked remove device).
    That's all there is and it remains like: Status: Failed removing device and later I see Status: Connected again. How can I remove this device so that I can connect a new device?
    For the rest, there are also no settings in Windows 10 anymore that have to do with bluetooth.

Before I could easy setup bluetooth from the icon on the taskbar (the bluetooth logo). Now I see nowhere bluetooth except the device that can be shown on the first screenshot. For me this is a very difficult problem because bluetooth no longer works in Windows 10. I've set already wireless off to try to remove the device since it is a broadwell bluetooth device and the wireless LAN is also from broadwell. In Windows Device Manager there is no device related to bluetooth that can be removed. It also sounds strange to me the device is shown like a bluetooth peripheral device.

Bluetooth device shows in "Devices and Printers", is not working and I cannot remove it. [​IMG]

Thank you so much for additional help !! *Rolleyes

mark

marknl, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Exerosis Win User
    Bluetooth Device Not Showing

I have an LG HBS1100 Bluetooth headset that I would like to pair with my PC. Usually(on my laptop) when the headset is in pairing mode it shows up as two devices. LG HBS1100_BLE and LG HBS1100 if you attempt to pair to the _BLE device windows says "something didn't work" however it pairs just fine to the other device. Having just finished building a new desktop I sys-prepped and cloned my laptops harddrive and booted that on my desktop. After installing the Bluetooth drivers, the list of paired devices from the laptop is still here, but it won't connect to any of the devices(not surprised). I clicked remove device on HBS1100 and windows said 'Remove failed' after trying again it removed the device just fine. The issue is, now for some reason it no longer detects HBS1100, but it does detect HBS1100_BLE just fine. I tried going back to my laptop to make sure it isn't the headset, and it pairs with the laptop just fine. I also reinstalled the Bluetooth drivers on the desktop which didn't help. Any ideas?

Thank you very much ~

Exerosis, Jan 8, 2019
  4. bhaumik Win User

Bluetooth device shows in "Devices and Printers", is not working and I cannot remove it.

How to completely remove a Bluetooth device from Win 10?

I had the same issue.
    (1st ) Turned Airplane Mode on
    (2nd) Disconnect Bluetooth device from sound Settings (Also remove it from default device)
    (3rd) Open device manger--> View--> Show Hidden Devices. In Bluetooth devices Uninstall the Bluetooth device you want to remove.
    (4th) Go to Device and Printer in Control Panel and Try again removing again.
    The device should be removed. Let me know if this works for you.

bhaumik, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth device shows in "Devices and Printers", is not working and I cannot remove it.

1. Bluetooth device shows in "Devices and Printers", is not working and I cannot remove it. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth device shows

2. Cannot connect working bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect working bluetooth device: I have bluetooth headphones, and although they connect to one of my windows 10 laptops, it will not connect to another. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-working-bluetooth-device/b5adcb93-baf5-4d80-a721-308937535948
  3. Cannot connect working bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect working bluetooth device: I have bluetooth headphones, and although they connect to one of my windows 10 laptops, it will not connect to another. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-working-bluetooth-device/b5adcb93-baf5-4d80-a721-308937535948
  4. Bluetooth removed Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth removed Device: I had accidently removed my mouse Rival 3 Wireless from Bluetooth, and I cant seem to get it back it wont appear on the Bluetooth add-ons and it does have enough batteries but I dont know what's wrong with it. If anyone can help me that would be great, right now I have my...
  5. printer will not show in devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer will not show in devices: I connected a HP 1012 and it shows up under bluetooth but not in printing devices. When I try to add a printer it asks me to sign. When I do I get this error. Request Id: 295fcef3-143f-498f-9831-4fae18c14d00 Correlation Id: 515b26c1-374a-4b30-b55b-c61e117f76a1...
  6. “Cannot remove Bluetooth device”

“Cannot remove Bluetooth device”: Hi i have tried to remove a bluetooth keyboard from my computer, i have tried uninstalling the drivers, however they just automatically re appearm, i have updated my device and the drivers and restarted several times. Also i have tried putting it in flight modded and turning...
  7. Cannot remove bluetooth devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot remove bluetooth devices?: Cannot remove the devices, there not connecting to my dongle. So I thought by removing and pairing them again it would work. No joy submitted by /u/MrArawak1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1h66z/cannot_remove_bluetooth_devices/
  8. I can noty remove some printers and bluetooth devices

I can noty remove some printers and bluetooth devices: I can not remove some printers and bluetooth devices from my Win10 Computer. I have tried the Set-up Windows route and the Control Panel with the same result....
  9. remove bluetooth devices

remove bluetooth devices: I have unacceptable lag in Bluetooth keyboard and mouse response. I also have built a considerable and duplicative list of Bluetooth devices in Windows 10 Settings list. Will deleting the duplicate devices aid keyboard and mouse response? Is there an easy way to control...
  10. -----I cannot remove a Bluetooth device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    -----I cannot remove a Bluetooth device in Windows 10: I connected my Logitech K380 keyboard to the other device but now I need to connect it back to my laptop, it is Dell XPS 9560. I tried everything which I have found to connect it back but I cannot remove it from my Bluetooth devices. For example, I tried the Bluetooth...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my lg hbs1100_ble shows connected but is not working