Windows 10: Bluetooth device suddenly missing after update.

Discus and support Bluetooth device suddenly missing after update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all,My bluetooth device is suddenly missing today when I booted up the PC.I am running Windows 10 version 21H1.The bluetooth toggle button is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HangmanAP, Jul 26, 2021.

1. HangmanAP Win User

Bluetooth device suddenly missing after update.

Hi all,My bluetooth device is suddenly missing today when I booted up the PC.I am running Windows 10 version 21H1.The bluetooth toggle button is missing from the Bluetooth and other devices settings page.Device manager is listing a bluetooth device but only after i view hidden items, and those items all say "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

HangmanAP, Jul 26, 2021
  2. MicheleB Win User

Bluetooth Suddenly Disappeared - from settings & device manager

Number 1: Open up the devices window (search for Device Manager, and you will get the window).

Bluetooth device suddenly missing after update. [​IMG]

Number 2: Open up the View Menu. When I selected "Show Hidden Devices", my Bluetooth devices and installed drivers appeared.

Now you should see Bluetooth on the device list. Click the arrow to open up the selections:

Number 3: I double clicked each of the 'devices' under Bluetooth (there were several on that particular computer). The message told me that the devices were'disconnected'. I right-clicked each of them and selected 'Update Driver". I chose to search the web for the updated drivers:

It updated one driver, but Bluetooth was still disconnected.

Number 4: Finally, I went to the web-site of the maker of that laptop and downloaded the most recent drivers to the machine. I unzipped them, and selected 'Update Drivers' again for the Bluetooth device on the machine (which unfortunately had a generic name like 'Win USB Bluetooth Device' so I wasn't sure I was selecting the correct thing).

This time, however, I chose "Browse my computer for driver software", and chose the folder to which I unzipped the downloaded driver. The driver updated and, lo and behold, the device connected.

I'm giving you such a detailed description because it took me a couple of hours to find where the problem lay and solve it. Hope this helps you! If I've been unclear, please let me know!

MicheleB, Jul 26, 2021
  3. jerriy Win User
    Bluetooth is not working — troubleshoot claims I don't even have it

I have done all the following steps:

- installed bluetooth driver from manufacturer
    - hit windows update
    - updated / uninstalled bluetooth items listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC
    - updated / uninstalled USB drivers listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC (USB drivers automatically came back but not bluetooth)
    - turned on and restarted all bluetooth support in services.msc
    - conducted bluetooth troubleshooting
    - conducted hardware troubleshooting

jerriy, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Bluetooth missing after update

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

One of the things you can try is to enable the Hidden devices and check if you see Bluetooth device. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.
    2. Click on View and select Show hidden devices.
    3. Expand Bluetooth and check if there are any hidden device.
    4. If you find any device, right click on it and select Update Driver.

As you get that the best driver is already installed, I would suggest you to uninstall the Bluetooth driver completely from the computer and then install it from the Dell website. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Bluetooth and right click on the
      Bluetooth device and click on Uninstall
      device
    3. Now, download the driver from
      Dell website
      and install it.
    4. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Bluetooth device suddenly missing after update. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth device suddenly

2. Bluetooth device's missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device's missing: Hi,I am using windows 10. Since today, I can't activate my bluetooth anymore. I thought my driver was out of date and updated it using windows updater and a free driver updater software but it didn't found a updated version of my bluetooth driver. I then manually went into my...
  3. Bluetooth device's missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth device's missing: Hi,I am using windows 10. Since today, I can't activate my bluetooth anymore. I thought my driver was out of date and updated it using windows updater and a free driver updater software but it didn't found a updated version of my bluetooth driver. I then manually went into my...
  4. Bluetooth device's missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Device suddenly missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Device suddenly missing.: I had an incident where Windows 10 started up very strange a couple of days ago and kicked out a lot of things. I was unable to restore because it would not give me any earlier restore dates.I have retrieved most everything except it keeps telling me that I have no Audio...
  6. Bluetooth suddenly went missing.

Bluetooth suddenly went missing.: I am unable to find the Bluetooth Turn on button on Windows 10. After doing some investigation and doing the following steps I still am not able to resolve it. 1. Ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter and the result said there is no Bluetooth device which is strange as I was...
  7. Bluetooth sudden missing

Bluetooth sudden missing: I have a bluetooth keyboard that got disconnected all of a sudden from my laptop. So i tried to turn off and on the Bluetooth on both the laptop and the keyboard to reconnect but failed. I connect my keyboard to my tablet and the keyboard is working fine so I believe the...
  8. Bluetooth suddenly not working after update

Bluetooth suddenly not working after update: My PC updated during the night, and I was using the PC this morning. I am using Windows 10, version 1909. One minute my bluetooth was working bluetooth mouse was operational, and the next minute I have no bluetooth options, cannot even select it on/off. Can't figure out the...
  9. Missing Bluetooth Device

Missing Bluetooth Device: I got a notification to reboot my computer, Windows 10. After I did that my bluetooth device is no longer visible. What happened and what do I need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-bluetooth-device/a7925764-0502-4585-92c4-d2e466d95fa8
  10. Bluetooth missing in device manager after win 10 update

Bluetooth missing in device manager after win 10 update: Hello there, My laptop was recently trying to install 1803 updates which it didnt conclude. It got sucked at 85%. so I removed battery so that it can come up again. Since then my Bluetooth has been missing from my device manager. I have tried many methods from services(...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth hidden in device manager