Windows 10: Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

Discus and support Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The issue is; when I pair a device with my computer using Bluetooth I am no longer able to unpair, or even uninstall the device, as if i do, somehow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CyberPunked, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

The issue is; when I pair a device with my computer using Bluetooth I am no longer able to unpair, or even uninstall the device, as if i do, somehow windows will just automatically reinstall it even if it's not connected. This means that if i connect the device to something other than my computer, I can no longer re-pair it with my computer as it thinks that the device is still paired.

When I pair the device from the Bluetooth section of control panel, the device will disappear from the control panel Bluetooth menu, and the only way to see that the device is connected is by looking in device manager.
    Here is an image I have found of what the Bluetooth section of the control panel should look like with paired devices:

Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired [​IMG]

Now here is what mine looks like even though I have a number of devices connected:

Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired [​IMG]

Here's what I've Tried
    I have removed, and completely uninstalled all Bluetooth devices from the PC using device manager (even the hidden devices), and also uninstalled all Bluetooth applications from the control panel.
    After doing the previous steps, I reconnect the Bluetooth dongle (ASUS BT-400) and install the driver I downloaded from the Asus website. As soon as the driver for the device install, all of the previously paired (since time began) devices will install and windows will think they air all paired (again I can see this though the device manager).

I had this issue when I was on windows 8.1 and I have it again now. I did a clean install of windows 10, and the issue still persists even though I have tried two different Bluetooth adapters (to make sure one wan't faulty). How is Windows storing these devices to re-install even though they're not connected?

:)

CyberPunked, Dec 26, 2015

2. Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

Glad to know the issue has been resolved.Hope the solution helps others in the community.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to remove all the paired devices from hardware and devices.

Please follow the steps

1.Search control panel and search for
    devices and printers and remove all the paired devices.

2. Now go to device manager and select
    view option and click show hidden devices and remove the
    Bluetooth devices connected and restart
    the PC and see if it helps.

Please do reply and let us know the troubleshooting results. If the issue persists, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 26, 2015
Thema:

Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

1. Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Devices Automatically

2. Can't unpair bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unpair bluetooth device: Whenever I click the menu button on a bluetooth device in settings, the app becomes unresponsive. I'm on Windows 11 Dev Build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpair-bluetooth-device/cdfaf869-427a-4823-ada0-49dde2af445a
  3. Can't unpair bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't unpair bluetooth device: Whenever I click the menu button on a bluetooth device in settings, the app becomes unresponsive. I'm on Windows 11 Dev Build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpair-bluetooth-device/cdfaf869-427a-4823-ada0-49dde2af445a
  4. Unable to unpair bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to unpair bluetooth devices: Starting this thread to attempt to diagnose this issue. Bluetooth devices will not unpair, when this is attempted it says that the attempt failed. I've tried several other options as well including reinstalling bluetooth drivers, removing bluetooth devices from device...
  5. Win10: How to disconnect a bluetooth device without unpairing

Win10: How to disconnect a bluetooth device without unpairing: Thank you Tom, #copied Hello, I found this tip on another forum, and it might be the easiest: - in Windows 10 open the action centre - click on 'connect' here you can manage your paired devices: - click on the BT device then 'disconnect' to disconnect - if disconnected...
  6. Create a bat script to unpair and pair back a bluetooth device

Create a bat script to unpair and pair back a bluetooth device: Hello. I mangaed to get my joycons working on windows using a program, but everytime i want to use them i have to unpair and pair them back. Can someone send instructions on how to create a bat that does the job automatically? submitted by /u/Andrecidueye [link]...
  7. Bluetooth devices that have been unpaired can not be re-paired.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth devices that have been unpaired can not be re-paired.: In Windows 10 Pro I have observed that bluetooth devices that have been unpaired can not be re-paired. The bluetooth adapter has been completely reinstalled, and a different bluetooth adapter has been tried. The adapter was moved to a non-windows and a W7Pro machine and...
  8. Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device: Hi, Win 10 Creator Update add feature to support unpaired Bluetooth LE Device connectivity (https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2017/P4178). I download "Bluetooth LE Explorer" from Microsoft Store and run it. On "Discover and Pair", I can find the designated device...
  9. Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC: How to: Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC How to Unpair a Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetoothenabled devices located nearby each other. If one...
  10. Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Unpair a Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth–enabled devices...