Windows 10: Bluetooth Devices cause YouTube/Spotify etc to hang

Discus and support Bluetooth Devices cause YouTube/Spotify etc to hang in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This occurs on two of my laptops both running Windows 10/Pro both updated to the latest OS and drivers. The first laptop started to exhibit a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ian E, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Ian E Win User

Bluetooth Devices cause YouTube/Spotify etc to hang

This occurs on two of my laptops both running Windows 10/Pro both updated to the latest OS and drivers.

The first laptop started to exhibit a problem where after some period of time, YouTube and Spotify would start to hang when a Bluetooth device was connected. This could be either my Bluetooth speaker or headphones. This was consistent across browsers and applications. If the laptop was rebooted, Bluetooth would would work for a period of time and then start hanging pretty much any app that used Bluetooth audio. This started after a specific Windows Update a few months ago which I can't identify.

At the time, I tried a sfc /scannow and dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and neither showed any issues. I have also tried reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers both to the Windows default, Lenovos current for the laptop and Intel's latest all with no success. I have tried the Troubleshooting wizard and it states that the audio service has stopped. Restarting the audio service does not work.

Last week I received a brand new laptop and with a fresh install + all updates, it exhibits the same problems I had with the first laptop. Both the laptops are Lenovo with Intel processor + Intel Wifi/Bluetooth combo cards. If I reboot the second laptop, Bluetooth works for a while then starts hanging the apps.

There are numerous people that have indicated that there is an issue and it seems like everyone of getting the same lame support (No offence but a reboot is not the answer). Bottom line, there is a systemic problem with Bluetooth on Windows 10 with the latest updates as it was working fine earlier this year (Jan/Feb/March) and does not anymore.

:)

Ian E, Sep 20, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Bluetooth device is shown as not present.

Hello Dominika,

Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue still persists after following the steps on the article above, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth device?
    • Can you tell us the specific bluetooth devices that you're using on your Windows 10?
    • Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if the Bluetooth services is enabled by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.
    • Right click on Bluetooth Support service and select
      Restart.

• Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties
      and check if the startup type is Automatic.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Bluetooth Devices cause YouTube/Spotify etc to hang

Recent update has caused issues with bluetooth

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your computer?
    I suggest you to check the status of Bluetooth in device manager.

Method 1: Check Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.

• Check for any exclamation marks in there.
    If exclamations mark are there on any device name, try to update them by right clicking on them.

Method 2: Follow below steps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + W, Type troubleshooting.

• From the search list, click on troubleshooting

• On the left pane, click on view all.

• From the list click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Follow on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

Method 3:

I suggest you to uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and install the latest driver for the device from the manufacturer website.

Step 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Bluetooth Driver.

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

a) Press Windows key +X
    key when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Bluetooth driver from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK
    to remove the driver.

f) After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Step 2: Install the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website.

You can logon to the manufacturer website and install the driver latest drivers in compatible mode.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth Devices cause YouTube/Spotify etc to hang

1. Bluetooth Devices cause YouTube/Spotify etc to hang - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Devices cause

2. No sound after pausing YouTube or Spotify

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after pausing YouTube or Spotify: When I have a game or discord, and I play Spotify or YouTube and I pause it I have no audio. The only way I can fix this is by resuming Spotify or YouTube or close all my tabs select a different device and the switch back to get audio again. A fix would be really nice!...
  3. No sound after pausing YouTube or Spotify

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after pausing YouTube or Spotify: When I have a game or discord, and I play Spotify or YouTube and I pause it I have no audio. The only way I can fix this is by resuming Spotify or YouTube or close all my tabs select a different device and the switch back to get audio again. A fix would be really nice!...
  4. No sound after pausing YouTube or Spotify

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth mouse causes windows explorer to hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse causes windows explorer to hang: Hi,i just noticed this today when i turned off my bluetooth mouse logitech M720 and connected a usb mouse the issue of the explorer hanging disappears. I have done several reinstalls already of windows and it seems the issue still persists. I saw an article that mentions to...
  6. Bluetooth mouse causes windows explorer to hang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth mouse causes windows explorer to hang: Hi,i just noticed this today when i turned off my bluetooth mouse logitech M720 and connected a usb mouse the issue of the explorer hanging disappears. I have done several reinstalls already of windows and it seems the issue still persists. I saw an article that mentions to...
  7. Bluetooth mouse causes windows explorer to hang

8. bluetooth hanged

bluetooth hanged: my bluetooth is not working or not enabling i have window 10 pro in dell i5 3rd generation laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-hanged/2f5836d5-2028-4ba4-a39b-b31757e1bffe
  9. Sound not working for youtube- etc...?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound not working for youtube- etc...?: Hello- I've checked all of the Device Manager settings, and they say that they are working properly, but when I try to view a video on youtube, there is no sound whatsoever- even tho my speakers are turned up-- must be something simple I'm missing? duh......
  10. Bluetooth for YouTube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth for YouTube: why can't I listen to YouTube on Bluetooth headphones? When I try it the video just freezes. I bought new headphones, same result. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-for-youtube/80bf163c-80a7-4d28-ab48-37c257781edb