Windows 10: Bluetooth devices disconnect

Discus and support Bluetooth devices disconnect in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 19041.450 I have two devices connected to desktop PC via bluetooth: Speakers and a keyboard. Motherboard is Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/doubleh87, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Bluetooth devices disconnect

Windows 10 19041.450

I have two devices connected to desktop PC via bluetooth: Speakers and a keyboard.

Motherboard is Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite WiFi and it has built-in BT (Intel Dual Band 802.11AC WiFi / BT 4.2) and I'm using an antenna it was equipped with.

During a gameplay, both devices disconnect themselves out of nowhere simultaneously. When it happens, the computer doesn't even recognize that they're disconnected. The volume mixer still shows my speakers as sound output, and BT devices manager shows all my devices are currently connected. Turning off and on the devices don't resolve the problem. The only resolution I could find is to reboot PC. It doesn't happen consistently, it only happened twice so far and both happened during a gameplay, and I cannot reproduce them on purpose.

My suspicions:

1. This only happened after I bought BT speakers. Before these, this never happened.
    2. Faulty antenna receiver as PC thinks they're still connected.

Are there any more steps I should take in order to diagnose/resolve?

submitted by /u/doubleh87
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/doubleh87, Sep 1, 2020

2. How to disconnect and reconnect bluetooth devices in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Pair the Bluetooth device to the system.
    • Right click on the Speaker icon in the System tray and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the device and click on the drop down list next to Set default button.
    • Select the option to connect and disconnect from the device.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Epos7 Win User
    Troubleshooting Bluetooth Device Disconnections

I use two Bluetooth devices with my computer - a wireless mouse and an Xbox One controller. The mouse has worked fine for over a year and the Xbox controller worked fine for a few days before I started having problems.

The issue happens most frequently when playing Destiny 2 where both the mouse and controller will disconnect. This causes the game to freeze for 5-10 seconds until a message pops up about the disconnected device. Both devices eventually reconnect. Occasionally the game hangs here and I have to restart the computer.

The issue has also happened when browsing the internet with just the mouse connected, where the mouse will disconnect, and only turning off/turning on Bluetooth will fix it.

I have tried uninstalling the Bluetooth driver, restarting, and installing the Intel Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for my wireless card - Intel 7260. I have also tried disabling the power management option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

As you can see from the Event Viewer, there are multiple error reports each time this happens. I would greatly appreciate any help, thanks!

Bluetooth devices disconnect [​IMG]

Epos7, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Bluetooth devices disconnect

Bluetooth adapter disconnects randomly. (NOT just devices.)

First of all, let me list all my specs.

ASUS ROG GL752VW

Intel core i7 6700 @ 2.6GHz

Windows 10x64

16GB RAM

Now my problem: my Bluetooth adapter seems to disconnect randomly and I have no idea why. Sometimes it will go months without ever disconnecting, and sometimes it disconnects and goes months without even working. The little icon disappears from my taskbar, and I am unable to use Bluetooth. My computer reports that I don't have bluetooth. I am not sure of the exact adapter but I do know it is Intel and that they are together. I never ever have any issues with WiFi however Bluetooth is just causing me all sorts of hell.
    I've tried all of the following things, so please don't suggest them...

Rebooting. Tried it multiple times

Reinstalling the drivers. With and without rebooting.

Uninstalling the device from Device Manager and reinstalling it.

"Repair"ing the driver from the installer.

Can anyone help me?

Thomas Sebestyen, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth devices disconnect

1. Bluetooth devices disconnect - Similar Threads - Bluetooth devices disconnect

2. Disconnect button missing for bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnect button missing for bluetooth devices: There is no option in my PC to disconnect any bluetooth devices that i own. The only option is to remove the device unpair. Is this option only supported on certain devices or limited to some edition of windows?...
  3. Disconnect button missing for bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disconnect button missing for bluetooth devices: There is no option in my PC to disconnect any bluetooth devices that i own. The only option is to remove the device unpair. Is this option only supported on certain devices or limited to some edition of windows?...
  4. How do I disconnect a bluetooth device without disconnecting it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disconnect a bluetooth device without disconnecting it?: I have a bluetooth speaker I wanna pair it with my phone, but I have to disconnect it from my computer to show up, but I wanna keep it on my computer for later use, so instead of removing the device from my computer’s bluetooth, how do I disconnect it or unpair it? (My...
  5. Bluetooth keeps turning off/disconnecting devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth keeps turning off/disconnecting devices: I have the Windows 10 20H2 operating system. My Bluetooth keeps turning off by itself. I'll be listening to music via Bluetooth speakers, and the sound will just stop, even though the music player indicates the music is still playing. The Bluetooth settings for the speakers...
  6. Cannot disconnect broken bluetooth device

Cannot disconnect broken bluetooth device: Recently, my bluetooth mouse broke, so I bought a new one to replace it. When I tried pairing it, it would not show up and the instructions said to remove useless devices and try again. But, in the bluetooth device area in settings, it will not let me click "remove device." I...
  7. Bluetooth Headset disconnected but appears in Sound Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Bluetooth Headset disconnected but appears in Sound Devices: [ATTACH] [IMG]Owning a Bluetooth headset is important for many Windows 10 users because these audio devices tend to lack wires. You see, wires can get entangled and break, and no one likes when their wired headphone is giving problems. With a wireless [...] This post...
  8. bluetooth device keeps disconnecting after a while

bluetooth device keeps disconnecting after a while: I have come across a weird issue with my Bluetooth headphones. it keeps disconnecting automatically after some time when playing music/video from my laptop This never happened until last week my laptop updated itself... same old crappy updates took almost 40 minutes to...
  9. Bluetooth Device Constantly Disconnecting

Bluetooth Device Constantly Disconnecting: My Bluetooth headphones (BeatsX) keep disconnecting from my Surface Laptop 2 whenever they are not in use for 5 seconds, then they immediately reconnect. This is really annoying because my headphones make a ring when they disconnect and reconnect. I have already tried to...
  10. Troubleshooting Bluetooth Device Disconnections

Troubleshooting Bluetooth Device Disconnections: I use two Bluetooth devices with my computer - a wireless mouse and an Xbox One controller. The mouse has worked fine for over a year and the Xbox controller worked fine for a few days before I started having problems. The issue happens most frequently when playing Destiny 2...