Windows 10: Bluetooth Devices taking WAY too long to show up

Discus and support Bluetooth Devices taking WAY too long to show up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Bluetooth devices, when I open metro settings app, take WAY too long to show up. They take about 5 minutes to show up in the "Bluetooth and Other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bacob30, Feb 3, 2020.

1. bacob30 Win User

Bluetooth Devices taking WAY too long to show up

My Bluetooth devices, when I open metro settings app, take WAY too long to show up. They take about 5 minutes to show up in the "Bluetooth and Other Devices" section of the menu. Any solutions?

:)

bacob30, Feb 3, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Feb 3, 2020
  3. HojabrA Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Feb 3, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

How Long Does It Take to Open Devices & Printers?

You can get instant reaction, if you turn off network discovery in Control Panel / Network an sharing ... / Advanced sharing setting

Of course, it won't list any new devices...
    Edit: sorry Bluetooth Devices taking WAY too long to show up :) it worked once, after that it takes 5 - 7 sec here again.

AndreTen, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Devices taking WAY too long to show up - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Devices taking

2. downloads taking way too long to complete.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloads taking way too long to complete.: Hi my name is AayanI have been using microsoft store for a long time and came up with this bug.whenever i try to update an app, it takes too long and gets stuck on pending. At one point, microsoft store stopped completely and whenever i tried to open it, it does not open up....
  3. downloads taking way too long to complete.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloads taking way too long to complete.: Hi my name is AayanI have been using microsoft store for a long time and came up with this bug.whenever i try to update an app, it takes too long and gets stuck on pending. At one point, microsoft store stopped completely and whenever i tried to open it, it does not open up....
  4. Windows 10 taking WAY TOO LONG TO RESTORE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 taking WAY TOO LONG TO RESTORE.: Recently at about 4:00 PM today I went to restore my windows 10 laptop and its been going for so long now. posted at almost 11:00 PM currently at 54 percent and im going up 1 percent every 8 minutes or so. I have to go to bed and I dont want to wake up in the middle of the...
  5. Windows 10 taking WAY TOO LONG TO RESTORE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 taking WAY TOO LONG TO RESTORE.: Recently at about 4:00 PM today I went to restore my windows 10 laptop and its been going for so long now. posted at almost 11:00 PM currently at 54 percent and im going up 1 percent every 8 minutes or so. I have to go to bed and I dont want to wake up in the middle of the...
  6. Windows Update Taking WAY Too Long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Taking WAY Too Long: I started the process of updating and restrarting my PC at around 10:23PM. It is currently 12:10AM and my PC is stuck on the "working on updates, dont turn off your pc. This will take a while" screen at only 26%! I cant stay awake all night waiting for this stupid thing to...
  7. Taskbar taking way too long to load on start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar taking way too long to load on start up: Hi there, Basically on boot the taskbar is taking far too long to load between 5-15mins i have the os installed on a ssd which is only for os and apps. pc specs: ryzen 3600 32gb 3200mhz ram 5700xt Windows is up to date aswell as my drivers. please someone...
  8. Windows installation takes way too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows installation takes way too long: I wanted a clean windows installation again. It’s been 2 hours already and I am only at 14%! How is this possible something must be broken? I cant wait all night (I need my pc tomorrow for work) Should I shut down and restart my pc? submitted by /u/Azertity [link]...
  9. Windows defender scanner is taking way too long.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defender scanner is taking way too long.: I have attempted to use windows defender and chose to use the "Windows Defender Offline scan" option. It has said it would restart and then take about 15 minutes to finish, but it has taken more than an hour. Inside task manager, it is still running, but I cannot terminate...
  10. Gaming Services download taking way too long

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gaming Services download taking way too long: After having an issue installing games through the Xbox Beta App, I decided to run through a handful of troubleshooting steps short of reimaging my machine. The steps I took are as follows: - Reset/Reregister the Windows Store - Run the Windows Store Troubleshooter -...