Windows 10: Bluetooth disabled upon PC waking from sleep, no one has a solution or idea why it is happening

Discus and support Bluetooth disabled upon PC waking from sleep, no one has a solution or idea why it is happening in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently built a new system and installed a PCIe wireless adapter with Bluetooth. The devices work fine during normal use, but there is a perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FrankMacCormack, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Bluetooth disabled upon PC waking from sleep, no one has a solution or idea why it is happening

I recently built a new system and installed a PCIe wireless adapter with Bluetooth. The devices work fine during normal use, but there is a perfectly consistent and reliable flaw: Bluetooth will not work when the PC wakes after going to sleep. Here is the Device Manager normally:And here is what shows up after waking from sleep:Clicking on the device details, this is what I see:The only way to get it to work again is to disable the device, then reenable it. This needs to happen every single time the PC goes to sleep. It is extremely inconvenient and should not be happening.I have tested this o

:)

FrankMacCormack, Jun 9, 2021

2. Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Valantar Win User
    Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

First off: I tried disabling wake-up by the mouse on both PCs and disabling USB Selective Suspend too, to no avail.
    Thanks, I'll definitely look into that. Good to know that powercfg can list all wake-enabled devices, 'cause when I went through all ... eight-ish PCI-to-PCI bridge devices in Device Manager, none of them had wake events listed (in the "events" tab under Properties), which doesn't quite add up with one/more of them waking the PC a dozen or so times over the last few days. Of course, they don't even have the option to enable/disable waking the PC in the properties menu. I'll take a look at disabling a bunch of stuff through powercfg once I get home from work.

Sorry if I came across as rude, but honestly, your reply did not at all indicate that you'd read my post in the first place. I said I'd been looking at wake-up history in the Windows event log, and I listed several of the devices cited there as having woken up the PC. If you came away with the impression that I hadn't investigated this thoroughly, I suppose I might not have been clear enough, but it's all there in the post. While powercfg does give out some more detail (device IDs and such) than Event Viewer, it only lists the last wake-up, and as such doesn't really help in this instance, as it's clearly not a single device at fault, and tracking wake-ups over time seems more useful. Also, figuring out how to view wake-up events in the Event Log is what you do after you've concluded that powercfg isn't giving you enough information *Wink Bluetooth disabled upon PC waking from sleep, no one has a solution or idea why it is happening ;)

Valantar, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Bluetooth disabled upon PC waking from sleep, no one has a solution or idea why it is happening

Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth disabled upon PC waking from sleep, no one has a solution or idea why it is happening

1. Bluetooth disabled upon PC waking from sleep, no one has a solution or idea why it is happening - Similar Threads - Bluetooth disabled upon

2. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  3. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  4. No idea why this is happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No idea why this is happening: I am on windows 11, all of my drivers are fully updated, no hardware issues, but this image keeps repeating when i open a mod loader for a video game. I have no idea what you'd call this, but I've already tried rolling back drivers, restarting, running sfc /scannow, and i...
  5. No idea why this is happening

No idea why this is happening: I am on windows 11, all of my drivers are fully updated, no hardware issues, but this image keeps repeating when i open a mod loader for a video game. I have no idea what you'd call this, but I've already tried rolling back drivers, restarting, running sfc /scannow, and i...
  6. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep: Unfortunately as of late I'm getting the "PFN_list_corrupt" error on almost every wake up from sleep. I had 2 external HDD's plugged in thinking maybe those were the issue, however it still persists when unplugged. I did a check on my main SSD with seemingly no issues, also...
  7. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep: Unfortunately as of late I'm getting the "PFN_list_corrupt" error on almost every wake up from sleep. I had 2 external HDD's plugged in thinking maybe those were the issue, however it still persists when unplugged. I did a check on my main SSD with seemingly no issues, also...
  8. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  9. BSOD upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon waking from sleep: Attachment 133661 A new laptop with Windows 10 freezing when waking from sleep. BSOD: irql not less or equal. Please help.. Thank you very much! 83616
  10. PC wakes from sleep/hibernate randomly SOLUTION

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes from sleep/hibernate randomly SOLUTION: I wanted to contribute and hope this helps someone. I had a problem for about a week, after upgrading to windows 10, where my pc would wake randomly. I went through control panel and power and adjusted all of those settings, made to uncheck the box that allows the pc to...