Windows 10: Bluetooth Disables and Disappears - Long Term Solution

Discus and support Bluetooth Disables and Disappears - Long Term Solution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bluetooth disappears from the taskbar tray, I open Bluetooth Settings to see that it has disabled itself and there the toggle switch has disappeared.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pstock, Mar 31, 2020.

1. pstock Win User

Bluetooth Disables and Disappears - Long Term Solution

Bluetooth disappears from the taskbar tray, I open Bluetooth Settings to see that it has disabled itself and there the toggle switch has disappeared.

I've been having this issue for years across different machines and versions of Windows.

The easiest 'fix' I've found is to open Device manager, select Show Hidden Devices, delete the driver and reboot. Simple enough, but very annoying.

Why does this keep happening? Sometimes it happens multiple times a day, sometimes it will last a month or two, but inevitably it reoccurs.

Is there a long term solution to prevent this from happening again?

At this point, the only feasible solution I have come up with is switch to an Apple machine.

:)

pstock, Mar 31, 2020

2. Bluetooth disappeared

Hi Jenny,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?

• Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features? (As you have reinstalled the Bluetooth.)

• Does the Bluetooth disappeared after you have started to use Wacom Bluetooth keyboard?
    Note:

• In device manager, click on "view" tab and select "show hidden devices" and check whether Bluetooth device/driver is listed.

• To check the drivers installed in Programs and features, Press
      Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Programs and features and check whether the Bluetooth driver is installed.
    Until you get back to us with the required information, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I would suggest you check if Bluetooth Support service is started.

• Press Windows + R
      keys on the keyboard, type services.msc
      and press OK.

• Now, find Bluetooth Support Service
      and start it

• Double click on the Bluetooth Support Service
      set the startup type as Automatic.
    Step 2:

Follow the steps to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if you are able to fix the issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Hardware and devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Reference: I would suggest you to check whether the drivers are up to date. Refer to the below link on how to download and install the drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Bluetooth Here but disabled

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows key + W” and type “troubleshooting”.
    • Select “Troubleshooting”.
    • Select “View all” on the top left corner.
    • Click “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Bluetooth
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Bluetooth
    drivers:

• Press “Windows Key + X key” and click “Device Manager”.
    • Right-click on the “Bluetooth” device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to “delete driver software”.
    • “Restart” the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Bluetooth
    drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Bluetooth Disappeared

Hi,

This issue occurrs when the data in the registry for the device is corrupted or misconfigured. One other cause may be due to an outdated device driver. To sort this concern, we suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth drivers with the steps provided
    by Ruth Buruga on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Disables and Disappears - Long Term Solution - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Disables Disappears

2. Bluetooth solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth solution: why my hp pavilion gaming did not have bluetooth. I have done many solution but still same, the bluetooth still not have in my lapto. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-solution/acb6830b-4665-4801-8007-ba717e5812fc
  3. Bluetooth solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth solution: why my hp pavilion gaming did not have bluetooth. I have done many solution but still same, the bluetooth still not have in my lapto. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-solution/acb6830b-4665-4801-8007-ba717e5812fc
  4. Long term mail/Xbox controller bug.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long term mail/Xbox controller bug.: For quite some time ( before windows10) there has been an ongoing bug. If I plug in my Xbox controller (both off brand and official) via usb to play a game then return to windows unplug the controller and open mail it will act like the controller is being used to shift...
  5. Long-term Computer Freezing Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long-term Computer Freezing Issue: For years, I have been having an issue where my computer freezes, usually while gaming there has been 1 or 2 times where it froze on my home screen while I was afk. It freezes on the screen that it was on meaning it does not blue screen, and if there was a sound it repeats...
  6. Long term charging issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long term charging issue: Shortly after taking delivery of my Tablet PC, 2-in-1, 5 years ago, it developed a glitch which I have managed to live with fairly well. It is now becoming more of a problem. In order to charge it I have had to restart or shutdown and re-boot. Only then does charging start....
  7. Bluetooth Disables and Disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Disables and Disappears: Bluetooth disappears from the taskbar tray, I open Bluetooth Settings to see that it has disabled itself and there the toggle switch has disappeared. I've been having this issue for years across different machines and versions of Windows. The easiest 'fix' I've found is...
  8. WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue)

WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue): I have been having this blue screen of death for a few months now and I was really passive about it because it was happening only once in a while. I never could find the origin of the problem. I will try to be as clear as possible when giving the steps I have tried over the...
  9. Long term BSOD WHEA

Long term BSOD WHEA: Long term problem with crashing, over a year, updated from win 8.1 to 10 in an effort to correct it, to no avail. First crash happened while watching video in in the Chrome browser. Crashes did not happen using the internet explorer browser. Videos in the steam app,...
  10. Long Term WiFi Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long Term WiFi Issues: Hi all, I am having a strange issue when trying to establish and stay connected to a WiFi connection for extended periods of time, I am using my microPC as a host for a couple of tasks so it needs to stay powered on and remotely accessible for extended periods. However I...