Windows 10: Bluetooth disappeared after clean boot

Discus and support Bluetooth disappeared after clean boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yep So my bluetooth has completely stopped functioning after a clean boot. Tired uninstalling bluetooth drivers via device manager and now they won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chriscarson3, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Bluetooth disappeared after clean boot

Yep So my bluetooth has completely stopped functioning after a clean boot.

Tired uninstalling bluetooth drivers via device manager and now they won't reinstall, bluetooth no longer appears on the manager, yes even under hidden devices.

The button to enable bluetooth under settings has also disappeared.

Several of my applications on system config say 'stopped', I cannot enable them.

So why would windows not automatically reinstall my drivers? Have I messed something up by doing a clean boot? I enabled everything again for the next boot and nothing.

:)

Chriscarson3, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Bluetooth disappeared

Hi Jenny,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?

• Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features? (As you have reinstalled the Bluetooth.)

• Does the Bluetooth disappeared after you have started to use Wacom Bluetooth keyboard?
    Note:

• In device manager, click on "view" tab and select "show hidden devices" and check whether Bluetooth device/driver is listed.

• To check the drivers installed in Programs and features, Press
      Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Programs and features and check whether the Bluetooth driver is installed.
    Until you get back to us with the required information, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I would suggest you check if Bluetooth Support service is started.

• Press Windows + R
      keys on the keyboard, type services.msc
      and press OK.

• Now, find Bluetooth Support Service
      and start it

• Double click on the Bluetooth Support Service
      set the startup type as Automatic.
    Step 2:

Follow the steps to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if you are able to fix the issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Hardware and devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Reference: I would suggest you to check whether the drivers are up to date. Refer to the below link on how to download and install the drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Sayan Pal Win User

Bluetooth disappeared after clean boot

Bluetooth disappeared from the device manager after clean installation of windows 10

Yesterday, I reformatted my Lenovo G580 laptop, and ran a clean installation of Windows 10. After the installation Bluetooth disappeared completely. I waited till all the updates are downloaded and installed. However, this did not install the bluetooth driver. Note that before this clean installation, I was running Windows 10 with Bluetooth perfectly working.

The Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager. There is no entry containing Bluetooth in name, including the hidden devices. I tried to install the drivers from Lenovo's support website. As there are nothing available for Windows 10, I tried to install the ones for Windows 8.1, with compatibility mode set to Windows 8. But none of those drivers were installed due to the following compatibility issue.

I also tried correcting the Bluetooth Support Service, but nothing changed. I tried to troubleshoot Bluetooth as per Microsoft's official help page on this. The troubleshooter said that

Being clueless now, I tried to reset the BIOS to its default settings, as some of the internet articles and/or SE sites suggested. I have already seen this Option to Turn Bluetooth on or off is Missing and tried some of the suggested solutions. But nothing worked.

Please advise on how to solve this problem?

Additional details: I tried Ubuntu with a bootable USB, and bluetooth worked there like charm. However, when I logged back into Windows, it was still the same (no bluetooth).

Solution worked on my machine: I finally solved it by updating BIOS from here. I rebooted after installation, and the bluetooth is there in the device manager Bluetooth disappeared after clean boot :)

Sayan Pal, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth disappeared after clean boot

1. Bluetooth disappeared after clean boot - Similar Threads - Bluetooth disappeared clean

2. Bluetooth disappeared after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth disappeared after Windows update: After the latest Windows 10 update, my Bluetooth has disappeared. I've been in chat with Microsoft support, but so far, they haven't been able to help. this is the second time this has happened to me. I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop. Does Anyone have a fix?...
  3. Bluetooth disappeared after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disappeared after Windows update: After the latest Windows 10 update, my Bluetooth has disappeared. I've been in chat with Microsoft support, but so far, they haven't been able to help. this is the second time this has happened to me. I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop. Does Anyone have a fix?...
  4. Bluetooth disappeared after fresh install

Bluetooth disappeared after fresh install: Hello. This is my first question in this forum. I installed an SSD into my MSI GE70 2pe Apache pro laptop. I installed Windows 10 through an ISO file with a USB-stick. I have done this very thing in a similar way before without any problems. All good. Everything works...
  5. Bluetooth disappeared after hard reset

Bluetooth disappeared after hard reset: My laptop is not detecting Bluetooth module after hard reset of pc i have tried almost everything i know please help if someone can https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-disappeared-after-hard-reset/b0cb5aa2-1cb1-4956-8ad9-ef02a51ab2b9
  6. bluetooth disappears after i restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bluetooth disappears after i restart: from a few days whenever I restart my pc, Bluetooth gets disappeared. and I have to shut down it and sart it manually. how con i resolve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-disappears-after-i-restart/e4c4922d-0786-40ac-8456-272ef1318a2b
  7. Bluetooth disappeared after update

Bluetooth disappeared after update: I just installed the 2020-02 and 2020-03 cumulative updates. Windows seems now to have forgotten about bluetooth. I've gone through steps listed to diagnose this, but most notably, I no longer have a switch to turn bluetooth on and the troubleshooter says I have no bluetooth...
  8. Bluetooth Disappears After Windows Update

Bluetooth Disappears After Windows Update: Hello! I purchased this Bluetooth dongle 3 days ago on amazon, and it was working perfectly until a windows update appeared and then it just literally disappeared. I installed drivers for the dongle, and it is now only showing "Bluetooth Radios" and under it, it is "CSR...
  9. Mouse disappeared after touchpad cleaned

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse disappeared after touchpad cleaned: Occasionally i have to clean my touchpad. Sometimes the cursor freezes for a few seconds, but its always been fine afterwards. However, this time it dissapeared and i cant get it back. Ive already tried the fn + f3/f5/f9 trick and it didnt work....
  10. Desktop disappears after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop disappears after boot: I've look and can't properly find a solution. My desktop shortcuts appear upon boot but disappear a few seconds later. I need to then right click on View and check show desktop icons (twice for some reason) to get them back. The positions are not affected. Advice much...