Windows 10: Bluetooth disappeared suddenly on windows 11

Discus and support Bluetooth disappeared suddenly on windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I was using my Bluetooth ear pods then the sound stopped. When I checked, the Bluetooth option in the quick setting has disappeared.Bluetooth from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Madhusmitha Muduli, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Bluetooth disappeared suddenly on windows 11

Hi,I was using my Bluetooth ear pods then the sound stopped. When I checked, the Bluetooth option in the quick setting has disappeared.Bluetooth from Device Manager also has disappeared. When I click on show hidden devices, I am able to see Bluetooth.I tried the following fixes:1. Run the troubleshooter. Got the following message2. Updated windows 113. Updated the Intel Bluetooth driver.4. Disabled and enabled Bluetooth driver5. Turned off fast start6. Bluetooth Support Service - Stopped and started. Restarted the system.None of the above worked.PS: My PC manufacturer HP does not give driver

:)

Madhusmitha Muduli, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Jonesy847 Win User

Bluetooth disappeared (Windows 11)

I've just had this problem....twice now!! Essentially, with no warning or error, a perfectly working Bluetooth setup suddenly disappears the follow time the PC is booted up. Both occasions appear to occur after a WIndows Update.

My system is a fairly new Dell Inspiron 3881 (10th Gen) i7 Desktop, running Windows 11.

The 1st time this happened was after the Windows 10 > 11 upgrade via Windows Update. After the reboot..no Bluetooth. I checked the available Network Connections spotted the Bluetooth Network Connection as "Not enabled", I noticed the Device Manager had no Bluetooth hardware listed. So I simply re-download the Qualcomm Bluetooth adapter driver from the Dell website and all capability returned after a reboot.

The 2nd time was a little more involved. A "cumulative update" was installed yesterday via Windows Update, no reboot required and no effect on Bluetooth Capabilities. But this morning, booted up PC, no Bluetooth:

• After trying a few things suggested in this thread nothing worked.
    • Checking Network connection revealed no Bluetooth connection this time (disabled or otherwise).
    • Device Manager also showed no Bluetooth hardware. I did notice a faulty USB device down in the USB list (listed as unknown as description request failed, so no Hardware ID or any means to identify what this is). I did note the location though. Status of "disabled as Windows has found a problem with this device".
    • Device Manager showed Bluetooth hardware after unhiding. All listed Bluetooth devices were all "grayed" (this includes all the (Bluetooth) connected devices). I located the actual Bluetooth Adapter and looked up its properties; Status of "This device is not connected to this computer". I also noticed the Device Location as exactly the same as the Faulty USB device.
    • So uninstalled the Bluetooth Adapter and the faulty USB device and rebooted.
    • Bluetooth Capability Restored!!

Jonesy847, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Bluetooth disappeared (Windows 11)

• So uninstalled the Bluetooth Adapter and the faulty USB device and rebooted.
    • Bluetooth Capability Restored!!
    Yes - this worked on my Acer Desktop which I upgraded to Windows 11 some time ago. Bluetooth disappeared / hid itself after a Wondows update. Anyway - your advice as above has fixed the problem. Hope it holds. Many thanks.

BeatsMeWhy, Jun 9, 2023
  4. MicheleB Win User

Bluetooth disappeared suddenly on windows 11

Bluetooth Suddenly Disappeared - from settings & device manager

Number 1: Open up the devices window (search for Device Manager, and you will get the window).

Bluetooth disappeared suddenly on windows 11 154173d1505859280t-bluetooth-suddenly-disappeared-settings-device-manager-device.png

Number 2: Open up the View Menu. When I selected "Show Hidden Devices", my Bluetooth devices and installed drivers appeared.

Bluetooth disappeared suddenly on windows 11 154171d1505858962t-bluetooth-suddenly-disappeared-settings-device-manager-view-menu.png

Now you should see Bluetooth on the device list. Click the arrow to open up the selections:

Bluetooth disappeared suddenly on windows 11 154174d1505859473t-bluetooth-suddenly-disappeared-settings-device-manager-menue.png

Number 3: I double clicked each of the 'devices' under Bluetooth (there were several on that particular computer). The message told me that the devices were'disconnected'. I right-clicked each of them and selected 'Update Driver". I chose to search the web for the updated drivers:

Bluetooth disappeared suddenly on windows 11 154175d1505859715t-bluetooth-suddenly-disappeared-settings-device-manager-update.png

It updated one driver, but Bluetooth was still disconnected.

Number 4: Finally, I went to the web-site of the maker of that laptop and downloaded the most recent drivers to the machine. I unzipped them, and selected 'Update Drivers' again for the Bluetooth device on the machine (which unfortunately had a generic name like 'Win USB Bluetooth Device' so I wasn't sure I was selecting the correct thing).

This time, however, I chose "Browse my computer for driver software", and chose the folder to which I unzipped the downloaded driver. The driver updated and, lo and behold, the device connected.

I'm giving you such a detailed description because it took me a couple of hours to find where the problem lay and solve it. Hope this helps you! If I've been unclear, please let me know!

MicheleB, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Bluetooth disappeared suddenly on windows 11

1. Bluetooth disappeared suddenly on windows 11 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth disappeared suddenly

2. Bluetooth disappeared suddenly on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth disappeared suddenly on windows 11: Hi,I was using my Bluetooth ear pods then the sound stopped. When I checked, the Bluetooth option in the quick setting has disappeared.Bluetooth from Device Manager also has disappeared. When I click on show hidden devices, I am able to see Bluetooth.I tried the following...
  3. Bluetooth suddenly disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth suddenly disappeared: Whilst working today, out of the blue suddenly my machine decided to close off the bluetooth icon in the taskbar. Upon lookin for this led me to looking into Device Manager this was odd scanned for hardware changes....No change. Ran troubleshooting helpers - due to the...
  4. Bluetooth suddenly disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth suddenly disappeared: Whilst working today, out of the blue suddenly my machine decided to close off the bluetooth icon in the taskbar. Upon lookin for this led me to looking into Device Manager this was odd scanned for hardware changes....No change. Ran troubleshooting helpers - due to the...
  5. Bluetooth is disappeared suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is disappeared suddenly: Hello,I have a problem regarding Bluetooth, it suddenly disappeared turn on and off button but Bluetooth devices are showing. I have tried troubleshooting it is mentioned that there are no Bluetooth devices found and I am confused totally. can you help me out with this type...
  6. Bluetooth is disappeared suddenly

Bluetooth is disappeared suddenly: Hello,I have a problem regarding Bluetooth, it suddenly disappeared turn on and off button but Bluetooth devices are showing. I have tried troubleshooting it is mentioned that there are no Bluetooth devices found and I am confused totally. can you help me out with this type...
  7. Bluetooth is disappeared suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Bluetooth suddenly disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth suddenly disappeared: Hello,Today as I was using a Logicool keyboard connected to my computer, the Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. I tried to reconnect the device but then my PC shows that I don't even have Bluetooth capabilities on my computer I've tried troubleshooting and that's what the...
  9. Bluetooth suddenly disappeared

Bluetooth suddenly disappeared: Hello,Today as I was using a Logicool keyboard connected to my computer, the Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. I tried to reconnect the device but then my PC shows that I don't even have Bluetooth capabilities on my computer I've tried troubleshooting and that's what the...
  10. Bluetooth suddenly disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth suddenly disappeared: My bluetooth icon suddenly disappeared. I know that it's one of the common problem, and on solution is to uninstall the bluetooth driver from the Device Manager. I did that and restarted my laptop, but windows didn't reinstall it automatically. I tried Scan for hardware...