Windows 10: Bluetooth disappearing from settings and device manager!

Discus and support Bluetooth disappearing from settings and device manager! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ASUS X407UAR, with a supposedly proper-functioning Bluetooth. I've used Bluetooth a decent amount of times, and it seemed to work on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IncendiumNorth, May 14, 2020.

1. Bluetooth disappearing from settings and device manager!

I have an ASUS X407UAR, with a supposedly proper-functioning Bluetooth. I've used Bluetooth a decent amount of times, and it seemed to work on my speakers, and so I decided to go get a pair of wireless earbuds. I connected the wireless earbuds to my Bluetooth and everything went well, then the sound out of the wireless earbuds suddenly stopped working, I thought that by removing the wireless earbuds from Bluetooth, it'll somehow fix the sound problem. Instead of fixing the sound problem, Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. There is no switch to turn on Bluetooth on and off in the Bluetooth settings page, and these were the things I've tried to do:

- Turning on the Bluetooth service in services.msc

- Reinstalling Bluetooth's driver through ASUS' official page

- Deleting all Bluetooth's driver from the Device Manager - Bluetooth's drivers do not show up unless hidden devices are shown by doing this no Bluetooth driver remains in my laptop

- Troubleshooting Bluetooth through settings the troubleshoot tells me that Bluetooth is not available/compatible in/with this computer

After searching the net, I haven't found a single solution that can tackle this problem and now I don't know what else to do... Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

:)

IncendiumNorth, May 14, 2020
  2. MicheleB Win User

Bluetooth Suddenly Disappeared - from settings & device manager

Number 1: Open up the devices window (search for Device Manager, and you will get the window).

Bluetooth disappearing from settings and device manager! [​IMG]

Number 2: Open up the View Menu. When I selected "Show Hidden Devices", my Bluetooth devices and installed drivers appeared.

Now you should see Bluetooth on the device list. Click the arrow to open up the selections:

Number 3: I double clicked each of the 'devices' under Bluetooth (there were several on that particular computer). The message told me that the devices were'disconnected'. I right-clicked each of them and selected 'Update Driver". I chose to search the web for the updated drivers:

It updated one driver, but Bluetooth was still disconnected.

Number 4: Finally, I went to the web-site of the maker of that laptop and downloaded the most recent drivers to the machine. I unzipped them, and selected 'Update Drivers' again for the Bluetooth device on the machine (which unfortunately had a generic name like 'Win USB Bluetooth Device' so I wasn't sure I was selecting the correct thing).

This time, however, I chose "Browse my computer for driver software", and chose the folder to which I unzipped the downloaded driver. The driver updated and, lo and behold, the device connected.

I'm giving you such a detailed description because it took me a couple of hours to find where the problem lay and solve it. Hope this helps you! If I've been unclear, please let me know!

MicheleB, May 14, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Bluetooth Driver Disappears from Device Manager and Settings/Devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Drive. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Show Hidden Devices.
    • Search for the Bluetooth device.
    • Right click on the Bluetooth device and click
      uninstall.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, May 14, 2020
  4. kawiah Win User

Bluetooth disappearing from settings and device manager!

Bluetooth Suddenly Disappeared - from settings & device manager

Hi folks,

My bluetooth spontaneously vanished in the middle of my work. I can no longer connect my bluetooth mouse or other bluetooth devices.

The Bluetooth ON/OFF switch is absent in settings:

Bluetooth is also missing in the Device Manager:

So far, here is how I have tried to troubleshoot (none have worked):

1) Unplug everything (secondary monitor via HDMI, external speaker, and USB memory sticks) and restart the PC
    2) Scan for hardware changes in the device manager (did not make the bluetooth come back)
    3) Device Manager > Action > Add legacy hardware. Manual install. Could not identify anything that contained the term "bluetooth" to try to reinstall.
    4) System Restore. The PC has been reset to 4 days ago.

Nothing has worked! Please help! I need assistance ASAP to be able to continue my full-time job with my equipment. Thanks!

kawiah, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth disappearing from settings and device manager!

1. Bluetooth disappearing from settings and device manager! - Similar Threads - Bluetooth disappearing settings

2. Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager: Hi, I recently upgrade my whole computer and simply installed my old drive into it. Since my Windows became buggy over the year, I did a reset this PC. My new motherboard has Bluetooth integrated into it but I disappeared from my Windows task bar and settings. It was still in...
  3. Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager: Hi, I recently upgrade my whole computer and simply installed my old drive into it. Since my Windows became buggy over the year, I did a reset this PC. My new motherboard has Bluetooth integrated into it but I disappeared from my Windows task bar and settings. It was still in...
  4. Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager: Hi, I was listening to music on my Windows 10 laptop using Bluetooth speakers, and they suddenly disconnected. I tried to reconnect, but Bluetooth seems to have disappeared from my laptop. There's no option to turn it on or off, it just says "Bluetooth is turned off" under...
  6. Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager: Hi, I was listening to music on my Windows 10 laptop using Bluetooth speakers, and they suddenly disconnected. I tried to reconnect, but Bluetooth seems to have disappeared from my laptop. There's no option to turn it on or off, it just says "Bluetooth is turned off" under...
  7. Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager

8. Bluetooth disappeared from device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth disappeared from device manager: A couple of months ago my Bluetooth stop working and even it disappeared from the device manager. I have a desktop computer a Thinkcentre M900 (out of support), It came with an Intel card 8260NGW (WIFI and Bluetooth), the WIFI is working fine; it is just the Bluetooth the...
  9. Bluetooth disappeared from device manager

Bluetooth disappeared from device manager: I have dell workstation precision 7510 and installed windows 10 64-bit on it. The bluetooth function has disappeared from the device manager. I tried to install its drivers but get the error below. let me know if you got any answers?? [ATTACH]...
  10. Bluetooth Suddenly Disappeared - from settings & device manager

Bluetooth Suddenly Disappeared - from settings & device manager: Hi folks, My bluetooth spontaneously vanished in the middle of my work. I can no longer connect my bluetooth mouse or other bluetooth devices. The Bluetooth ON/OFF switch is absent in settings: [img] Bluetooth is also missing in the Device Manager: [img]...