Windows 10: Bluetooth does not activate after waking computer from sleep, Windows 11

Discus and support Bluetooth does not activate after waking computer from sleep, Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am currently running Windows 11 Build 21H2. I have an internal Bluetooth PCI-e card that receives power from the USB header on the motherboard. Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vincent Cooke, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Bluetooth does not activate after waking computer from sleep, Windows 11

I am currently running Windows 11 Build 21H2. I have an internal Bluetooth PCI-e card that receives power from the USB header on the motherboard. Every time that computer goes to sleep and wakes the Bluetooth is inop, the only fix for it now is to restart the entire system. What can be done to be able to have Bluetooth restart and work properly when the computer wakes from sleep?

:)

Vincent Cooke, Nov 26, 2022
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Bluetooth will not connect when the PC wakes up from sleep on Windows 10.

You mentioned that Bluetooth isn't working only if the computer have just been activated after sleep. To further isolate the issue, we suggest that you turn off hibernation. Follow this step by step instructions:

• Right click on the Start Menu button, and choose Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter the following line: powercfg /h off
    • Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, Nov 26, 2022
  3. John Sarc Win User
    computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Bluetooth does not activate after waking computer from sleep, Windows 11

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

Bluetooth does not activate after waking computer from sleep, Windows 11

1. Bluetooth does not activate after waking computer from sleep, Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth does activate

2. Bluetooth does not work after computer Wakes from Sleep or Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth does not work after computer Wakes from Sleep or Hibernate.: Pretty much the title. Bluetooth no longer works after computer wakes from Sleep or Hibernate. I have already tried DISM, sfc & restarting Bluetooth servcies. Nothing works. Trying to stop or restart any Bluetooth service just returns an error. How do I fix this?...
  3. Bluetooth does not work after computer Wakes from Sleep or Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth does not work after computer Wakes from Sleep or Hibernate.: Pretty much the title. Bluetooth no longer works after computer wakes from Sleep or Hibernate. I have already tried DISM, sfc & restarting Bluetooth servcies. Nothing works. Trying to stop or restart any Bluetooth service just returns an error. How do I fix this?...
  4. Bluetooth does not activate after waking computer from sleep, Windows 11

Bluetooth does not activate after waking computer from sleep, Windows 11: I am currently running Windows 11 Build 21H2. I have an internal Bluetooth PCI-e card that receives power from the USB header on the motherboard. Every time that computer goes to sleep and wakes the Bluetooth is inop, the only fix for it now is to restart the entire system....
  5. Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep.: Hello, I have been having issues with my windows installation for quite a while now. Running on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22000. I have created a new power plan, removed all power control for USBs to sleep and still when I move the mouse or keyboard, the computer tries to wake up,...
  6. Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep.

Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep.: Hello, I have been having issues with my windows installation for quite a while now. Running on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22000. I have created a new power plan, removed all power control for USBs to sleep and still when I move the mouse or keyboard, the computer tries to wake up,...
  7. Fix Bluetooth not working after waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Bluetooth not working after waking from Sleep: [ATTACH]In this article, we will talk about what you should do if you find Bluetooth not working after waking from Sleep. This issue prevents users from reconnecting their Bluetooth devices after they wake their Windows 11/10 computer from Sleep mode. Fix Bluetooth not...
  8. Windows does weird stuff after waking from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows does weird stuff after waking from sleep?: Been having this issue for a couple months now. A reboot always fixes things until the PC goes to sleep, then after waking up, it'll start to have a couple small issues. The first and most annoying issue has to do with the clock - it runs behind, starting slowly but...
  9. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep: The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan. I'm "assuming" this is related to...
  10. Computer waking from sleep after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer waking from sleep after update: Hi, A while back I had an issue where my computer would randomly turn on after being put to sleep/hibernate. I got incredibly frustrated because I would end up waking up in the middle of the night to find out it had turned itself on, or when I got back from work. At some...