Windows 10: Bluetooth does not search for bluetooth devices

Discus and support Bluetooth does not search for bluetooth devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Bluetooth doesn't search for any Bluetooth devices anymore. I have tried every way possible like update the driver to wait for searching in both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Minhg8, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Minhg8 Win User

Bluetooth does not search for bluetooth devices

My Bluetooth doesn't search for any Bluetooth devices anymore. I have tried every way possible like update the driver to wait for searching in both "add Bluetooth or other device" and "Devices and printer". Moreover, before, when I go to Bluetooth in setting, normally there were a line motion of dots flowing like it is searching, however, it doesn't appear anymore.

:)

Minhg8, Oct 5, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Aliz Win User
    Promate Bluetooth™ 4.0 USB Adapter !

Hello Everyone

I have just bought the above mentioned bluetooth adapter but unfortunately cant manage to connect my bluetooth headset with it (does not find the device in pairing mode, keeps searching)! I have downloaded and installed the latest driver for this device from the promate website. Any suggestions?

OS - Win7 64 bit

Aliz, Oct 5, 2018
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bluetooth does not search for bluetooth devices - Similar Threads - Bluetooth does search

2. Bluetooth on Windows 11 does not see Bluetooth devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth on Windows 11 does not see Bluetooth devices.: I have a computer based on the GIGABYTE Z590 UD AC motherboard. This motherboard has the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 built-in module that provides Bluetooth and Wi-Fi interfaces.The problem is that when searching for devices on Windows, it does not see any, although connecting...
  3. Device does not have bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device does not have bluetooth: Hello,I'm currently using a brand new PC with MSI X570 Gaming Edge WIFI Motherboard. Although the motherboard has bluetooth adapter embedded in it windows does not appear to recognize it.I seriously don't want to go through a clean install. Is there any other possible...
  4. Device does not have Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device does not have Bluetooth: I can't find the Bluetooth icon suddenly one day either in the taskbar or in the settings or in the device managerchecked the hidden devices. Tried to restart Bluetooth servicesservices.msc and tried to install and reinstall drivers. Nothing is bringing the Bluetooth back....
  5. Bluetooth does not find devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth does not find devices: I wanted to use my BT speaker and started it up as you do, but it didn't connect. Reinstalling the device is not possible as, as stated in the title, the Bluetooth does not find ANY devices anymore. So far I tried - reanableing BT - restarting the PC - updating the drivers...
  6. Device does not have bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device does not have bluetooth: Hello so i found this problem, i just bought a new bluetooth headset and i try to connect it to my laptop, my bluetooth isn't on my quick acces, and then when i go to device manager, my bluetooth section is not available, I already do show hidden devices, but i only have...
  7. Device Does Not Have Bluetooth

Device Does Not Have Bluetooth: Bluetooth stopped working last week on my desktop PC. It had been working fine prior to that except for one incident in the past. I have a Dell 8930 with Windows 10. The warranty expired 3 weeks ago. Basically, the PC does not recognize the Bluetooth device. I have run...
  8. Bluetooth Does Not Detect Devices

Bluetooth Does Not Detect Devices: After reinstalling the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update 1809, my ASUS R554L's Bluetooth 4.0 does not detect any devices. It will just endlessly scan for devices, but to no avail. I'm AR94x Wireless Network Adapter with BT4.0 support. Drivers are from 3/12/2018. For some...
  9. Cant search for bluetooth devices

Cant search for bluetooth devices: When I try to search for a Bluetooth device, it says 'couldn't connect', however, when I search for devices under wireless displays and docks, or the everything else category, it works, thank you for your help....
  10. Bluetooth does not search for bluetooth devices

Bluetooth does not search for bluetooth devices: My Bluetooth doesn't search for any Bluetooth devices anymore. I have tried every way possible like update the driver to wait for searching in both "add Bluetooth or other device" and "Devices and printer". Moreover, before, when I go to Bluetooth in setting, normally there...