Windows 10: bluetooth doesnt work anymore

Discus and support bluetooth doesnt work anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have an alienware pc and it has bluetooth which used to work and i know for a fact that it used to work because i have a razer basilisk x hyperspeed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cillian Onorato, Sep 1, 2022.

1. bluetooth doesnt work anymore

i have an alienware pc and it has bluetooth which used to work and i know for a fact that it used to work because i have a razer basilisk x hyperspeed wich worked perfectly until 2 days ago, i ran a trouble shooter and it says that bluetooth is not available on my pc when it clearly is. ive already tried adding action center bluetooth but its not there. theres no error message its like bluetooth simply got deleted off my computer.

:)

Cillian Onorato, Sep 1, 2022
  2. nick255 Win User

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Sep 1, 2022
  3. FredUW Win User
    Can Not Enable Bluetooth Anymore

The link
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems
    has not helped.

It suggests - Make sure Bluetooth is turned on :

There is no option to turn Bluetooth on, windows doesn’t comprehend that I have Bluetooth functionality.

It is not in the action center, and now that I have uninstalled my Bluetooth drivers I can not even see blue tooth listed in my device manager anymore.

It suggests - Check your Bluetooth device :

There is nothing wrong with my blue tooth devices, it is windows itself which refuses to allow me to even attempt to use bluetooth.

It suggests - Check your PC :

Airplane mode is not on.

I can not “turn blue tooth off and on” as windows is not giving me the option to turn Bluetooth off or on.

I uninstalled all of the drivers listed as “Bluetooth” in my device manager.

I went to the Lenovo website and downloaded the blue tooth driver listed there.

I went through the install process and received the message “the drives were successfully installed on this computer. You can now connect your device to this computer.”

bluetooth doesnt work anymore f50d0e88-8653-485f-8a6e-a10094bdc689?upload=true.png

However windows still believes my device is not blue tooth enabled.

I ran the file checker and it did not find any integrity violations.

Bluetooth used to work fine. I was using it one day when it suddenly stopped working and I can't get windows to recognize that my device has bluetooth capability anymore.

FredUW, Sep 1, 2022
  4. jerriy Win User

bluetooth doesnt work anymore

Bluetooth is not working — troubleshoot claims I don't even have it

I have done all the following steps:

- installed bluetooth driver from manufacturer
    - hit windows update
    - updated / uninstalled bluetooth items listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC
    - updated / uninstalled USB drivers listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC (USB drivers automatically came back but not bluetooth)
    - turned on and restarted all bluetooth support in services.msc
    - conducted bluetooth troubleshooting
    - conducted hardware troubleshooting

jerriy, Sep 1, 2022
Thema:

bluetooth doesnt work anymore

1. bluetooth doesnt work anymore - Similar Threads - bluetooth doesnt anymore

2. Bluetooth is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is not working anymore: I wanted to connect my VR headset through bluetooth but unfortunately when I tried to connect it, it says that I couldn’t. I have tried running a troubleshooter about my Bluetooth problem and it says that I don’t have Bluetooth Capability even though, I remember my bluetooth...
  3. Microsoft services doesnt work anymore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft services doesnt work anymore: Hey! My brother installed something but i dont know what! After that the pc is weird and it won't let do some things.Problems:- I can't install any app from the Microsoft store and after pressing the button it turns gray and after some time a window comes up with an error!-...
  4. Microsoft services doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft services doesnt work anymore: Hey! My brother installed something but i dont know what! After that the pc is weird and it won't let do some things.Problems:- I can't install any app from the Microsoft store and after pressing the button it turns gray and after some time a window comes up with an error!-...
  5. Microsoft services doesnt work anymore

6. bluetooth doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth doesnt work: right. so im gonna start off to how i got where i am and why i need help from here. so i installed a new game called steep and well i wanted to play it controller and i realised i dont own a cable to plug my xbox controller in so i was like lets just use bluetooth. here are...
  7. bluetooth doesnt work

bluetooth doesnt work: right. so im gonna start off to how i got where i am and why i need help from here. so i installed a new game called steep and well i wanted to play it controller and i realised i dont own a cable to plug my xbox controller in so i was like lets just use bluetooth. here are...
  8. bluetooth doesnt work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth doesnt work anymore: i have an alienware pc and it has bluetooth which used to work and i know for a fact that it used to work because i have a razer basilisk x hyperspeed wich worked perfectly until 2 days ago, i ran a trouble shooter and it says that bluetooth is not available on my pc when it...
  9. bluetooth doesnt work anymore

bluetooth doesnt work anymore: i have an alienware pc and it has bluetooth which used to work and i know for a fact that it used to work because i have a razer basilisk x hyperspeed wich worked perfectly until 2 days ago, i ran a trouble shooter and it says that bluetooth is not available on my pc when it...
  10. Bluetooth not working anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not working anymore: Today I was watching something with my Bluetooth headphones connected and suddenly I wasn't hearing anything anymore. I checked Bluetooth and It said they were still connected so I tried disconnecting them. It didn't work so I turned of Bluetooth. After that I couldn't turn...