Windows 10: Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error

Discus and support Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My pc had regularly had issues with bluetooth that I repeatedly tried to solve with new/updated drivers, in the past it said "bluetooth drivers cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Corn Rodsky, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error

My pc had regularly had issues with bluetooth that I repeatedly tried to solve with new/updated drivers, in the past it said "bluetooth drivers cannot downgrade from version 1.0 to 2.0 numbers exaggerated cause I cant remember the exact numbers. I also have a bluetooth Logitech G604 mouse that I have a separate bluetooth dongle for that has been working find. Recently it just started bluescreening, it happened twice, working fine after then the third any time i plugged in my bluetooth my pc bluescreened and couldn't boot up until I unplugged it. I have tried the TP link model: UB500 and mode

:)

Corn Rodsky, Jun 10, 2024
  2. netrate Win User

Bluetooth driver error - USB dongle BT 4.0

I have bluetooth dongle that does not seem to be recognized by my win 10 system. Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.3693) Here is the error : This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31) What I have tried :
    • Device Manager and tried to reinstalled, disable, enable etc with no luck. turned the bluetooth setting off and on and still not luck. ran the troubleshooting for bluetooth and it does not repair anything.
    When I went to the device website, it says that Win 10 will automatically plug and play and it doesn't need a driver: Cambridge Silicon Radio Bluetooth Driver | Device Drivers The device name is : CSR8510 A10 and in device managers it is Generic Bluetooth Radio with a yellow exclamation point. Here are some of the errors in the properties settings : Device USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001\6&1ff8b909&0&12 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2A\5&2CCCB896&0&2 Class Guid: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974} Location Path: Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F120 Present: false Status: 0xC0000719 Thank you for looking. I am open to suggestions on what to try next.

netrate, Jun 10, 2024
  3. Double Win User
    Generic Bluetooth Dongle - Error Code 43 ;(

I bought this super cheap generic bluetooth dongle. The reviews gave me the feeling it wouldn't work, but i thought how hard could it possibly be? The reviews were right, it doesn't want to work right out of the box, I get an error code 43, and I'm really not sure what to do. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the device and I get the same error. I think it's missing a specific driver but I'm not sure. It's an Excelvan (Imgur: The magic of the Internet), a brand you've probably never heard of (until now *Cool)

I have it plugged into a USB hub, it flashes red so i know its working... (cant see it here because of the flash)

Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error 76165d1485966136t-generic-bluetooth-dongle-error-code-43-a-xca0v7hl.jpg

Device Manager...

Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error 76168d1485966136t-generic-bluetooth-dongle-error-code-43-a-capture.png

right click, Properties...

Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error 76162d1485966136t-generic-bluetooth-dongle-error-code-43-a-kx4y0if-imgur.png

Driver tab...

Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error 76164d1485966136t-generic-bluetooth-dongle-error-code-43-a-ugsee0s-imgur.png

clicked Update driver...

Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error 76161d1485966136t-generic-bluetooth-dongle-error-code-43-a-1dabab9-imgur.png

My computers' specs are listed below, but it's basically an HP 64-bit laptop.

Double, Jun 10, 2024
  4. OomJan Win User

Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error

Windows 10 1803 with USB Bluetooth Dongle = Bluescreen

Using any USB 2.0 Bluetooth dongle under Windows 10 1803 results in a Bluescreen of Death (BSoD) when turning off Bluetooth or pairing (rarer). This BSoD was replicated on 8 different systems with 6 different dongles. Systems running Windows 10 1703 or 1709, Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 are not affected. 32bit Systems where not tested.

This can also happen when pairing a device with Windows Bluetooth but is less likely. Calling the pairing function via API also raises the BSoD but not every time.

This is the Bluescreen message:

WinDbg message:

Video demonstration (53 seconds, no audio)

Fresh Minidumps

The Bluetooth dongle uses the Windows included driver. Onboard Bluetooth adapters are not affected. It does not matter if the system was upgraded from 1709 or freshly installed from a 1803 ISO. Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise have been tested to produce this error.

The dongles are USB 2.0 and use Bluetooth 2.0 or 2.1 Class II.

The problem is not that the turning off of the Bluetooth Adapter produces the BSoD but that also pairing throws it.

It seems this an error introduced in Windows 10 1803. Is there a workaround or fix? Anything else I can try?

Update 2018-07-16: With Windows 10 Update 2018-07 (Build 17134.165) Microsoft seems to have fixed Bluetooth 2.0 adapters but broke Bluetooth 4.2 adapters now. Same error as before.

OomJan, Jun 10, 2024
Thema:

Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error

1. Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error - Similar Threads - Bluetooth dongle causes

2. Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error: My pc had regularly had issues with bluetooth that I repeatedly tried to solve with new/updated drivers, in the past it said "bluetooth drivers cannot downgrade from version 1.0 to 2.0 numbers exaggerated cause I cant remember the exact numbers. I also have a bluetooth...
  3. Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth dongle causes bluescreen, possible driver error: My pc had regularly had issues with bluetooth that I repeatedly tried to solve with new/updated drivers, in the past it said "bluetooth drivers cannot downgrade from version 1.0 to 2.0 numbers exaggerated cause I cant remember the exact numbers. I also have a bluetooth...
  4. Bluescreens caused by various driver errors. amdppm.sys and dxgkrnl.sys showing as cause in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreens caused by various driver errors. amdppm.sys and dxgkrnl.sys showing as cause in...: 013024-6609-01.dmp 1/30/2024 1:31:46 AM DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 00000008`0000011c 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff805`dc2216d9 amdppm.sys amdppm.sys+16d9 Processor Device Driver Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation...
  5. Insignia Bluetooth Adapter driver dongle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Insignia Bluetooth Adapter driver dongle: can't find driver for this device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insignia-bluetooth-adapter-driver-dongle/faad05e2-fda7-425d-8c32-b782d45e3661
  6. Bluetooth dongle without drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth dongle without drivers: Is anyone able to vouch for a bluetooth dongle to connect wireless headphones that doesn't need drivers installed? I'm using a work computer at home with no built in bluetooth and also unable to download drivers on a work machine (well I can download the file, but I can't...
  7. Bluetooth Dongle Driver Error Code 10

Bluetooth Dongle Driver Error Code 10: The internet and bluetooth cards died a little bit ago on my computer, and I had to purchase external USB connection dongles. Now I am having issues connecting my Bluetooth dongle. When I try to update the driver, it tells me the best drivers are already installed. In Device...
  8. Bluetooth 5.0 Dongle without drivers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth 5.0 Dongle without drivers.: I bought a 5.0 Bluetooth Dongle. It came with no drivers, only this link: https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/75270 Where can I find the drivers? submitted by /u/nmchmsk [link] [comments]...
  9. Bluetooth dongle driver failure

Bluetooth dongle driver failure: Something is wrong with my Bluetooth drivers. Device Manager says - This device cannot start. Code 10 {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful. Updating the drivers tells me they're already up to date. Manually updating hasn't fixed the problem. Going to...
  10. USB dongle driver error

USB dongle driver error: having a problem with a usb dongle error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-dongle-driver-error/7eacdc6f-c690-40e1-835f-4231a192b607