Windows 10: Bluetooth dongle Driver Install error occurs - after windows recovery

Discus and support Bluetooth dongle Driver Install error occurs - after windows recovery in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, guys. I am about to have a headache because of this error. I have been so many searching, asking, trying in vain. I just found this forum full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ysman, Feb 22, 2017.

1. ysman Win User

Bluetooth dongle Driver Install error occurs - after windows recovery

Hi, guys.
    I am about to have a headache because of this error.
    I have been so many searching, asking, trying in vain.
    I just found this forum full with nice discussion and many problems solved,
    and am posting new thread with hope.
    Please understand if some expressions look odd or rude,
    as English is not my mother tung and I wouldn't mean that.

Alright.
    I have a bluetooth dongle. (Chipset seems CSR8510 A10)
    And it worked very fine with basic drivers which is included in Windows 10.
    I just plugged the dongle in my computer, and windows automatically searched and installed drivers,
    and Bluetooth icon was on the system tray.
    I remember that the names of drivers are Generic Bluetooth Adaptor or Radio.

One day, somehow my windows went bad - couldn't be booted.
    So I took windows recovery to some past point.
    After that, when I plugged the dongle in my computer,
    windows tried to install drivers and failed with error message 'cannot find the file specified'.

I tried to install so many kinds of other third party drivers,
    sfc/scannow, DISM-restorehealth... etc. in vain.

During that fail-full trial, I realized some structure of drivers.
    C:\Windows\INF\bth.inf - this file seems the source install codes of bluetooth drivers.
    If you just open this file with notepad, you can find so many codes.
    It says copy files, add registry, and more things I cannot understand.

And if I right-click this file and select 'install',
    error message 'cannot find the file specified' showed up as well.
    But if I do the same thing in another PC with windows 10, no error and it works well.
    With that PC, the dongle and drivers are installed well.
    Then my guessing conclusion - direct install of bth.inf runs some procedure and seeks files 'specified',
    and there might be some files missing.

If someone could understands the codes in bth.inf and teach me it seeks which files from where,
    I might check those files and that will be the first step of solving.
    This idea might be wrong, I'm just trying

Also, any suggestion, opinion, case experienced and every comments will be very thankful.

:)

ysman, Feb 22, 2017
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Bluetooth missing from Device Settings (Win 10 PC)

Please uninstall the driver of your Bluetooth dongle through the
    Device Manager and reinstall it using the driver software that can be downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
    To do this, follow these steps:

• Insert the Bluetooth dongle.
    • To uninstall the Bluetooth dongle driver, follow the steps found on this
      link
    • After uninstalling the Bluetooth dongle driver, remove the Bluetooth dongle.
    • Go to the manufacturer's website of the Bluetooth dongle and download the latest driver software
    • Insert the Bluetooth dongle and if it's installing the driver automatically, cancel it.
    • Use the driver that you downloaded.
    • Restart the computer.
    Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Feb 22, 2017
  3. Bluetooth Error, Windows 10 update

I am using a Kensington USB Bluetooth dongle (Bluetooth 4.0): Kensington - Products - Connectivity - USB Hubs & Adapters - Bluetooth® 4.0 USB Adapter, Acer laptop with Windows 10, Microsoft Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. With every Windows update there is a driver error,
    so I have to uninstall and re-install the Bluetooth dongle, and then re-pair the keyboard and mouse. How do I stop Windows update from causing the driver error? Or, is there another way to fix this?

SimonWilsonYY, Feb 22, 2017
Thema:

Bluetooth dongle Driver Install error occurs - after windows recovery

1. Bluetooth dongle Driver Install error occurs - after windows recovery - Similar Threads - Bluetooth dongle Driver

2. Bluetooth dongle driver problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth dongle driver problem in Windows 10: Hi,I have bought the a Bluetooth dongle for my Windows 10 PC. Each time the computers starts, the Bluetooth device is not working. I have to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter to get it working each time I reboot my computer. I tried installing the drivers from the manufacturer...
  3. Bluetooth dongle driver problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth dongle driver problem in Windows 10: Hi,I have bought the a Bluetooth dongle for my Windows 10 PC. Each time the computers starts, the Bluetooth device is not working. I have to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter to get it working each time I reboot my computer. I tried installing the drivers from the manufacturer...
  4. Bluetooth dongle driver problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Insignia Bluetooth Adapter driver dongle

Insignia Bluetooth Adapter driver dongle: can't find driver for this device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insignia-bluetooth-adapter-driver-dongle/faad05e2-fda7-425d-8c32-b782d45e3661
  6. Bluetooth dongle without drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth dongle without drivers: Is anyone able to vouch for a bluetooth dongle to connect wireless headphones that doesn't need drivers installed? I'm using a work computer at home with no built in bluetooth and also unable to download drivers on a work machine (well I can download the file, but I can't...
  7. Bluetooth Dongle Driver Error Code 10

Bluetooth Dongle Driver Error Code 10: The internet and bluetooth cards died a little bit ago on my computer, and I had to purchase external USB connection dongles. Now I am having issues connecting my Bluetooth dongle. When I try to update the driver, it tells me the best drivers are already installed. In Device...
  8. Bluetooth 5.0 Dongle without drivers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth 5.0 Dongle without drivers.: I bought a 5.0 Bluetooth Dongle. It came with no drivers, only this link: https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/75270 Where can I find the drivers? submitted by /u/nmchmsk [link] [comments]...
  9. Bluetooth dongle driver failure

Bluetooth dongle driver failure: Something is wrong with my Bluetooth drivers. Device Manager says - This device cannot start. Code 10 {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful. Updating the drivers tells me they're already up to date. Manually updating hasn't fixed the problem. Going to...
  10. USB dongle driver error

USB dongle driver error: having a problem with a usb dongle error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-dongle-driver-error/7eacdc6f-c690-40e1-835f-4231a192b607