Windows 10: Bluetooth dongle sometimes won't load driver after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Bluetooth dongle sometimes won't load driver after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my desktop PC from Windows 8.1 x64 Pro to Windows 10 x64 Pro. I have a Logitech BT mouse (model M-RCQ142) and a Belkin F8T016 BT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NickJP, Oct 1, 2015.

1. NickJP Win User

Bluetooth dongle sometimes won't load driver after Windows 10 upgrade

I recently upgraded my desktop PC from Windows 8.1 x64 Pro to Windows 10 x64 Pro. I have a Logitech BT mouse (model M-RCQ142) and a Belkin F8T016 BT USB dongle, and never had any problems with this combination on Win 8.1. With Win 10, the BT mouse sometimes does not work when the PC is powered on (perhaps every third or fourth boot), and when this happens, the Belkin dongle shows up in device manager with a yellow exclamation mark, and the system log contains a warning event from BTHUSB saying "A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond.", followed by an error event from BTHUSB saying "The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.".

At this point, if I disable the dongle in device manager and then enable it, the driver loads without any error. However, the BT mouse still won't work until I open Settings, select Devices, Bluetooth, select the BT mouse and click "Remove device", then let it be found again and pair it. It then works, but this whole process is a total PITA to have to perform when it happens (I also have to scrounge a USB mouse from another machine to go through these steps).

I got Device Manager to search online for updated device software for the dongle, but it scans online and tells me that I already have the best driver software for the device installed.

Any suggestions on how to prevent the driver from sometimes not loading correctly?

:)

NickJP, Oct 1, 2015

2. CSR Bluetooth Device

I have a CSR8510A10 Bluetooth dongle which worked OK for Windows 7, however since windows 10 it won't work. Where can I find drivers /software for such a device. Mediatek Bluetooth adapter etc all tell me they are working OK. The Dongle didn't come with
    a software disk.

BarryMartinBenalla, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Bluetooth missing from Device Settings (Win 10 PC)

Please uninstall the driver of your Bluetooth dongle through the
    Device Manager and reinstall it using the driver software that can be downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
    To do this, follow these steps:

• Insert the Bluetooth dongle.
    • To uninstall the Bluetooth dongle driver, follow the steps found on this
      link
    • After uninstalling the Bluetooth dongle driver, remove the Bluetooth dongle.
    • Go to the manufacturer's website of the Bluetooth dongle and download the latest driver software
    • Insert the Bluetooth dongle and if it's installing the driver automatically, cancel it.
    • Use the driver that you downloaded.
    • Restart the computer.
    Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Oct 1, 2015
Thema:

Bluetooth dongle sometimes won't load driver after Windows 10 upgrade

1. Bluetooth dongle sometimes won't load driver after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Bluetooth dongle sometimes

2. Windows won't recognize USB Bluetooth Dongle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows won't recognize USB Bluetooth Dongle: I have a YMOO long-range Bluetooth USB transmitter. It is plug-and-play. I do not have internal Bluetooth. When I installed it a month ago, it worked fine. I removed it temporarily while I waited for new earbuds, but when I tried to reinstall it, Windows keeps saying...
  3. Bluetooth Dongle Stopped Working, Windows Says It Can't Load Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Dongle Stopped Working, Windows Says It Can't Load Drivers: Saw lots of similar questions but couldn't find one that solved my problem.Inexplicably, without touching it, my Bluetooth Dongle suddenly stopped working. Its just a cheap tp-link dongle, but the only one I have. After confirming it was a problem with the dongle, not the...
  4. Bluetooth Dongle Stopped Working, Windows Says It Can't Load Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Dongle Stopped Working, Windows Says It Can't Load Drivers: Saw lots of similar questions but couldn't find one that solved my problem.Inexplicably, without touching it, my Bluetooth Dongle suddenly stopped working. Its just a cheap tp-link dongle, but the only one I have. After confirming it was a problem with the dongle, not the...
  5. Bluetooth dongle driver problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth dongle driver problem in Windows 10: Hi,I have bought the a Bluetooth dongle for my Windows 10 PC. Each time the computers starts, the Bluetooth device is not working. I have to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter to get it working each time I reboot my computer. I tried installing the drivers from the manufacturer...
  6. Bluetooth dongle driver problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth dongle driver problem in Windows 10: Hi,I have bought the a Bluetooth dongle for my Windows 10 PC. Each time the computers starts, the Bluetooth device is not working. I have to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter to get it working each time I reboot my computer. I tried installing the drivers from the manufacturer...
  7. Bluetooth dongle driver problem in Windows 10

8. Bluetooth dongle without drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth dongle without drivers: Is anyone able to vouch for a bluetooth dongle to connect wireless headphones that doesn't need drivers installed? I'm using a work computer at home with no built in bluetooth and also unable to download drivers on a work machine (well I can download the file, but I can't...
  9. Bluetooth Dongle Driver Error Code 10

Bluetooth Dongle Driver Error Code 10: The internet and bluetooth cards died a little bit ago on my computer, and I had to purchase external USB connection dongles. Now I am having issues connecting my Bluetooth dongle. When I try to update the driver, it tells me the best drivers are already installed. In Device...
  10. Bluetooth dongle driver failure

Bluetooth dongle driver failure: Something is wrong with my Bluetooth drivers. Device Manager says - This device cannot start. Code 10 {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful. Updating the drivers tells me they're already up to date. Manually updating hasn't fixed the problem. Going to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bthusb a command sent to the adapter has timed out

2. a command sent to the adapter has timed out. the adapter did not respond. bthusb

3. csr 4.0 a command sent to the adapter has timed out. the adapter did not respond.