Windows 10: Bluetooth dongle without drivers

Discus and support Bluetooth dongle without drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is anyone able to vouch for a bluetooth dongle to connect wireless headphones that doesn't need drivers installed? I'm using a work computer at home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ConorPMc, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Bluetooth dongle without drivers

Is anyone able to vouch for a bluetooth dongle to connect wireless headphones that doesn't need drivers installed?

I'm using a work computer at home with no built in bluetooth and also unable to download drivers on a work machine (well I can download the file, but I can't run the setup for the dongle).

submitted by /u/ConorPMc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ConorPMc, Nov 4, 2020

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Zaspera Win User
    Bluetooth dongle problem!

My problem was (got a new laptop w/ built in bluetooth) that the actual bluetooth did not connect with the PC. I didn't have audio playback problems because the bluetooth wasn't even connected to the PC. Someone on another forum said that he had a similar problem and it was due to the wireless mouse drivers he used. I also used a wireless mouse with a little receiver dongle.

Zaspera, Nov 4, 2020
  4. par_0511 Win User

Bluetooth dongle without drivers

Trying to replace Bluetooth adapter with dongle.

Good day! I am Independent Advisor Paul R. and also a Microsoft/Windows user like you and I am glad to be able to provide assistance to you today. I understand that you are having an issue with regards to the bluetooth dongle.

Kindly check and try the steps below and hopefully this helps out with the issue.

- Uninstall the new bluetooth software/driver for the dongle

- After uninstalling it, remove the bluetooth dongle and reconnect it again

- Go to device manager and click on the small arrow next to either Bluetooth or Universal Serial Bus controllers

- Right click on the bluetooth dongle and select Update Driver

- Select Browse my computer for driver update

- Select on bottom Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my Computer

- Select Generic bluetooth Driver

- Once it has been installed, check and test again your bluetooth dongle if it is now working properly

Regards,

Paul R.

par_0511, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth dongle without drivers

1. Bluetooth dongle without drivers - Similar Threads - Bluetooth dongle without

2. Bluetooth dongle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth dongle: I recently bought a bluetooth dongle for my pc. I plugged it in and installed it and restarted my pc to finish it. came back and it says "driver is unavailable" i clicked update and it says theres no updates for it. where do i get the correct driver for this since my windows...
  3. Bluetooth Dongle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Dongle: I recently bought the Bluetooth dongle listed below. I've plugged it into my pc and it seems to work alright but I can only pair to devices by right-clicking the Bluetooth symbol on the taskbar. When I go into windows settings there isn't even an option to turn Bluetooth on,...
  4. Bluetooth Dongle

Bluetooth Dongle: I have a Bluetooth USB Adaptor ES-3881+ I have the software disc but when I run it an error message comes up "Err 2 occurred during installation please try to install again" I have tried several times. is there a fix or do I need to buy a new dongle. Thanks in advance...
  5. Insignia Bluetooth Adapter driver dongle

Insignia Bluetooth Adapter driver dongle: can't find driver for this device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insignia-bluetooth-adapter-driver-dongle/faad05e2-fda7-425d-8c32-b782d45e3661
  6. CSR Harmony 5.0 bluetooth Dongle Driver

CSR Harmony 5.0 bluetooth Dongle Driver: I need CSR Harmony Bluetooth 5.0 driver as without proper driver its giving me lots of problems to install in windows 10. i tired every thing but some times speaker not get connected or some times it stops my internet connect WiFi it seems its interfering with other devices...
  7. Bluetooth 5.0 Dongle without drivers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth 5.0 Dongle without drivers.: I bought a 5.0 Bluetooth Dongle. It came with no drivers, only this link: https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/75270 Where can I find the drivers? submitted by /u/nmchmsk [link] [comments]...
  8. Bluetooth dongle

Bluetooth dongle: I recently bought a Bluetooth adaptor but it doesn't work, I've tried deleting the drivers and reinstalling them but it still doesn't work submitted by /u/Girl_Widda_D [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ha8jlz/bluetooth_dongle/
  9. Bluetooth Dongle

Bluetooth Dongle: My windows 10 pc does not have Bluetooth. Please recommend some quality Bluetooth dongle. Many thanks. submitted by /u/NorhoNor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewye1p/bluetooth_dongle/
  10. Bluetooth dongle driver failure

Bluetooth dongle driver failure: Something is wrong with my Bluetooth drivers. Device Manager says - This device cannot start. Code 10 {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful. Updating the drivers tells me they're already up to date. Manually updating hasn't fixed the problem. Going to...