Windows 10: Bluetooth Dongle

Discus and support Bluetooth Dongle in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently bought the Bluetooth dongle listed below. I've plugged it into my pc and it seems to work alright but I can only pair to devices by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BradleyChowings, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Bluetooth Dongle

I recently bought the Bluetooth dongle listed below. I've plugged it into my pc and it seems to work alright but I can only pair to devices by right-clicking the Bluetooth symbol on the taskbar. When I go into windows settings there isn't even an option to turn Bluetooth on, it's the same in the notification area with no Bluetooth button at all. Because of this, I can't pair my Xbox controller to my PC to play games. How can I fix this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0126XU9CM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

:)

BradleyChowings, Feb 10, 2021

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Feb 10, 2021
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Feb 10, 2021
  4. mc-dexter Win User

Bluetooth Dongle

Bluetooth USB Dongle

yeh i think that's the simplest thing to do, the bluetooth dongle's come pretty cheap nowdays so it's not gunna burn a hole in your pocket *Laugh :laugh:

big plus as some managed to send to my neighbours phone.... they get some random shit sent them *Roll :roll: nah but seriously, you get endless use out of a propper bluetooth dongle *Big Grin Bluetooth Dongle :D

mc-dexter, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth Dongle

1. Bluetooth Dongle - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Dongle

2. when i mute windows while using a bluetooth audio dongle, I can still hear some audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i mute windows while using a bluetooth audio dongle, I can still hear some audio...: https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Bluetooth-Superior-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B0881X4MB2/ref=sr_1_3?crid=WXY0QITX1BK&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.thAEUu7BN1NacOdCoIw5of3xfDMBe1C92RtVzDeImCWQ-D1CPHkQf4UxffnIIGAuvAyMauvisvLt5OK4b5TS6dq2-UUk2U_w1I40lsaqltgG0OBG7SCDVyCwq1W5UUS6LnjhTW18asDkHIe4o2R...
  3. when i mute windows while using a bluetooth audio dongle, I can still hear some audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i mute windows while using a bluetooth audio dongle, I can still hear some audio...: https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Bluetooth-Superior-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B0881X4MB2/ref=sr_1_3?crid=WXY0QITX1BK&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.thAEUu7BN1NacOdCoIw5of3xfDMBe1C92RtVzDeImCWQ-D1CPHkQf4UxffnIIGAuvAyMauvisvLt5OK4b5TS6dq2-UUk2U_w1I40lsaqltgG0OBG7SCDVyCwq1W5UUS6LnjhTW18asDkHIe4o2R...
  4. when i mute windows while using a bluetooth audio dongle, I can still hear some audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD on connecting USB Bluetooth dongle. Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on connecting USB Bluetooth dongle. Please help: I am getting the stop code 'BAD OBJECT HEADER' I am using windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-on-connecting-usb-bluetooth-dongle-please/b1eca275-87c8-4eaf-b2cc-2547cd12abeb
  6. BSOD on connecting USB Bluetooth dongle. Please help

BSOD on connecting USB Bluetooth dongle. Please help: I am getting the stop code 'BAD OBJECT HEADER' I am using windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-on-connecting-usb-bluetooth-dongle-please/b1eca275-87c8-4eaf-b2cc-2547cd12abeb
  7. Device descriptor request failed on TP-LINK UB400 Bluetooth Dongle Code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device descriptor request failed on TP-LINK UB400 Bluetooth Dongle Code 43: It's been a headache. I don't even know the correct drivers to use for this dongle.DXDIAG summary:BIOS: 1.10Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 @ 2.80 GHzGPU: NVIDIA GTX 1050 TiWindows 10 Pro 64-bitWindows Update drivers don't work either....
  8. Device descriptor request failed on TP-LINK UB400 Bluetooth Dongle Code 43

Device descriptor request failed on TP-LINK UB400 Bluetooth Dongle Code 43: It's been a headache. I don't even know the correct drivers to use for this dongle.DXDIAG summary:BIOS: 1.10Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 @ 2.80 GHzGPU: NVIDIA GTX 1050 TiWindows 10 Pro 64-bitWindows Update drivers don't work either....
  9. Device descriptor request failed on TP-LINK UB400 Bluetooth Dongle Code 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. "The attached Bluetooth dongle is not supported" according to Windows 7 32-bit, but the...

"The attached Bluetooth dongle is not supported" according to Windows 7 32-bit, but the...: Last year, I was running literally the same system as this year, and my Bluetooth was functioning perfectly. I install new windows 7 edition and i make my computer multiboot than i format the drive that it puts the integreted windows with my pc and now it is not working at...