Windows 10: Bluetooth driver - can't find on device manager. How do I install it?

Discus and support Bluetooth driver - can't find on device manager. How do I install it? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP Envy with newly installed Windows 10. Trying to find bluetooth drivers.....HELP!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AliceGannon, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Bluetooth driver - can't find on device manager. How do I install it?

HP Envy with newly installed Windows 10. Trying to find bluetooth drivers.....HELP!

:)

AliceGannon, Jun 24, 2020

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Bluetooth services and device manager

Hi Tina,

Having an incompatible driver causes functionality issues like what you are experiencing right now with your Bluetooth. To resolve such issue, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall your Bluetooth drivers manually instead of letting Windows search for
    an updated driver automatically. Here are the steps to do that:

• Visit your device manufacturer’s website to download the latest driver.
    • Right-click on the Start button, then select Device Manager.
    • Select Bluetooth, then the Bluetooth driver
      name.
    • Right-click on driver and then select Uninstall device >Delete the driver software for this device check box >
      Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling, right-click the driver that's having the issue, select
      Update driver
      > Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Browse > look for the drivers you've just downloaded >
      OK.
    • Select Next > follow the steps to install the driver >
      Close
    • Restart your computer.

You can also refer to this
    article
    to see troubleshooting steps for common Bluetooth issues.

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Bluetooth driver - can't find on device manager. How do I install it?

Unable to access Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as there are no drivers in Device Manager on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as there are no drivers under Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Steps:

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest drivers and updates for your device after upgrading to Windows 10.

This will help you to find the drivers for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and may help in installing the drivers.

Steps:

1. Connect to the internet (Wired internet connection).

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Refer: Connect to Bluetooth devices

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth driver - can't find on device manager. How do I install it?

1. Bluetooth driver - can't find on device manager. How do I install it? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth driver can't

2. how do i find apple device drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i find apple device drivers?: itunes dosnt recognize my ipod touch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-apple-device-drivers/2db6f2e2-aef0-4b00-94b6-ce33a3105fb8
  3. How to find bluetooth on device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find bluetooth on device manager?: I recently got a dell optiplex desk top 7040 and could not find blue tooth on it. It is not there in device manager either. Please help. Went through all the websites and tried all the suggestions....
  4. How to find bluetooth on device manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find bluetooth on device manager?: I recently got a dell optiplex desk top 7040 and could not find blue tooth on it. It is not there in device manager either. Please help. Went through all the websites and tried all the suggestions....
  5. Bluetooth not working and can't update driver in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not working and can't update driver in device manager: Last night my all my bluetooth devices stopped working. When I run the troubleshooter it says that my device does not have bluetooth. In the device manager I can see bluetooth if I show hidden devices, but when I click on properties it it shows nothing. All of the devices...
  6. Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager

Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager: I am having an issue where I try to apply a driver to an "Unknown Device" I apply a driver that is Digitally signed it says it updated the device but when device manager refreshes it still says unknown device as if it was never updated. I tried this on a 2nd computer and it...
  7. How to install Bluetooth device driver.

How to install Bluetooth device driver.: Hi there I need help on how to fix my Bluetooth device on my laptop Acer E1 - 531 window 10 pro OS, I tried but the Bluetooth icon is missing in the hidden devices....
  8. No bluetooth driver in device manager

No bluetooth driver in device manager: I tried to turn Bluetooth on and off and then the switch icon was no longer there I looked in device manager even under hidden devices but there is no Bluetooth icons anywhere....
  9. Bluetooth is not an option in Device Manager; How do I add drivers?

Bluetooth is not an option in Device Manager; How do I add drivers?: I have a newly purchased desktop system from Lenovo (April 2019) running Windows 10 Pro. Unlike my Lenovo laptop, this system does not display the option in Settings (Bluetooth & other devices) to turn on Bluetooth. Nor does the Device Manager (with View > Show Hidden...
  10. How do i install drivers for these Devices in Device Manager?

How do i install drivers for these Devices in Device Manager?: I recently did a fresh clean install of windows 10 64 bit on my ASUS X550LC Laptop. SPECS: Processor - 4th Gen i5 4200U Graphic Card - Nvidia GT720M RAM : 4GB DDR3 OS : Windows 10 64 Bit I am having a smooth experience with the OS but im just curious how should i...