Windows 10: Bluetooth Driver gone, have tried nearly everything!

Discus and support Bluetooth Driver gone, have tried nearly everything! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So my bluetooth driver was working fine but it suddenly stopped showing up in my device manager. It still shows up in services and i tried all that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Probably a Fool, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Bluetooth Driver gone, have tried nearly everything!

So my bluetooth driver was working fine but it suddenly stopped showing up in my device manager.

It still shows up in services and i tried all that "set it from manual to automatic" junk with no luck.

Here's a rundown of what took place immediately before it stopped working:

Installed Zadig

Using Zadig, selected Intel Wireless Bluetooth(R)

Replaced driver to "libusbK (v3.0.7.0)"

Things were working fine and as intended but when i restarted my computer the device was missing and i couldn't pair anything.

I assume it has something to do with me replacing the driver since i don't actually have any idea what i did, i just wanted to pair a controller to my laptop.

(Windows 10 asked for a pin for said controller and using online guides i found this work around.)

After replacing the driver things clicked into place and started working.

I restarted my computer an hour later or so because i wanted to install a windows update and haven't tried using that controller since, but now the bluetooth icon won't show in the tray, and all signs point to my computer thinking there is no built-in bluetooth.

I've tried going to my manufacturer's website and reinstalling the driver, an error came up stating there is no device.

I've tried doing a "Hardware and Devices" troubleshoot, no problems detected.

Did a Bluetooth troubleshoot, "bluetooth is not available on this device".

One small success i managed to find was going into Zadig and replacing the driver to the other options.

the intel wireless bluetooth still shows up as a selectable device in Zadig, and when replacing the driver, it will show up in Device Manager under "Ports (COM & LPT)"

However the bluetooth manager still doesn't recognize it, and bluetooth troubleshooter still believes that there is no bluetooth on my laptop.

How do i get it back to how things were before when it appeared in my tray and life was simple and i was still happy?

:)

Probably a Fool, Dec 22, 2018

2. Can't remove Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers, tried everything I know.

Exactly as the title says, I'm having quite a bit of trouble removing the generic bluetooth drivers that Windows installs for you. Those have to be gone if I want to install Toshiba Bluetooth Stacks, which I need in order to use my Wii U Pro Controller in my computer. I've gone through a few methods to try this out and all have failed.

I started out by simply uninstalling the drivers on the device manager (or whatever it is called in English). Didn't work, as the drivers were back when I had to plug in my dongle to complete the installation for TBS. When I tried this in Windows 7, it worked flawlessly, yet in Windows 10 this method did not work. Afterwards, I tried deactivating the forced driver signature, as well as make it so Windows Update doesn't automatically download any drivers it finds suitable. On top of this, I traveled into the INF folder of my Windows folder to do steps that Microsoft recommended: rename bth.inf to bth.inf.old and bth.pnf to bth.pnf.old. With all this, it should in theory work right? Nope, it didn't. Not even after a reset.

My last attempt involved unplugging my PC from the Internet as a first step, followed by everything else listed above and then a reset. The drivers were still back, bth.inf and bth.pnf somehow magically appearing in my Windows folder when I have no Internet access. I'm at a loss as to what I'm supposed to do. Anyone care to help?

MoltenHeaven, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Bluetooth driver is gone from my ASUS K45N

Hi Lucas,

We want to know more about the issue with the missing Bluetooth driver. Please answer the questions below:

• Which update was done to your touch pad?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried downloading the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer's support site?

We'll wait for your response.

Robert Caw, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Bluetooth Driver gone, have tried nearly everything!

Bluetooth driver error 10 when converted to Windows 10

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Error code 10 is a driver error, as you have already tried to install the drivers I would suggest you to un-install and re-install drivers and check.

Try the following steps:

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Select Bluetooth adapter, right click on it and click on un-install.

• Restart the computer,

• Now, install the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth Driver gone, have tried nearly everything!

1. Bluetooth Driver gone, have tried nearly everything! - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Driver gone

2. my bluetooth is gone and the drivers are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my bluetooth is gone and the drivers are gone: my bluetooth is gone and the drivers are gone. when i go to device manager the bluetooth drivers are just not therehere are the specsive had this laptop for around 3 years now, this problem has only become apparent last month. the bluetooth driver is gone and the ability to...
  3. my bluetooth is gone and the drivers are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my bluetooth is gone and the drivers are gone: my bluetooth is gone and the drivers are gone. when i go to device manager the bluetooth drivers are just not therehere are the specsive had this laptop for around 3 years now, this problem has only become apparent last month. the bluetooth driver is gone and the ability to...
  4. Couldn't locate the BOSD problem cause, tried nearly everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't locate the BOSD problem cause, tried nearly everything.: Hey guys, so I've been dealing with a BOSD problem for a week now can't used computer at all- or really limited. First I thought it was the RAM sticks, I changed them for other ones. I made fresh installs of W11 on every step to locate the problem.I've wiped 2 of my SSD's...
  5. Have tried nearly everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Have tried nearly everything: I have been getting this message when I try to use my AOL email, which is linked to Windows 10 Mail through IMAP: We cannot access this account: AOL. Anyone have a workable solution?...
  6. bluetooth button gone tried everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    bluetooth button gone tried everything: bule tooth button missing tried everything help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-button-gone-tried-everything/5bfefab1-a8a6-4385-a6e3-ccb17c66edc4
  7. My Bluetooth Drivers are gone!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Bluetooth Drivers are gone!!: I went to device Manager and View and show hidden devices. No Bluetooth. How do I reinstall drivers?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-drivers-are-gone/6ab024df-bbbd-415d-8d3d-bc6fc85833cc
  8. i have updated and everything is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have updated and everything is gone: i just updated my windows 10 and everything is wiped clean i did not updated it online i just updated and all my data is gone including my settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-updated-and-everything-is-gone/6fded01d-6655-4507-9de3-37e0052ec4c3
  9. bluetooth driver gone

bluetooth driver gone: i did a factory reset on the computer before i started using the computer tryed bluetooth and didn't work i then troubleshoot it and said the driver is missing i don't know what to do....
  10. Bluetooth Driver Gone

Bluetooth Driver Gone: Hey everyone, I was using my bluetooth mouse yesterday night when suddenly it disconnected. I thought it was simply the mouse being faulty, but upon further inspection when i went to the Bluetooth page in settings it said that Bluetooth was turned off. The toggle button for...