Windows 10: bluetooth driver problem with Windows 10 update causing malfunction in keyboard for my ASUS...

Discus and support bluetooth driver problem with Windows 10 update causing malfunction in keyboard for my ASUS... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the October 2018 Windows 10 update the Bluetooth keyboard on my ASUS T100CHI randomly disconnects every 1 to 120 seconds. It can be reconnected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RossLoudon, Oct 30, 2018.

1. bluetooth driver problem with Windows 10 update causing malfunction in keyboard for my ASUS...

After the October 2018 Windows 10 update the Bluetooth keyboard on my ASUS T100CHI randomly disconnects every 1 to 120 seconds. It can be reconnected by a few different methods but one of the easiest is to click on setting, devices, Bluetooth. Then it starts working for another 1-120 seconds. I did some research and others are having the same issue. It appears to be tied to an update in the Bluetooth driver. Some have been able to roll back the update and the unit resumes normal function. I waited too long and am not able to roll back the update. I tried several methods to install older drivers that I know work but it will not allow me as it just tells me the currently installed drivers are newer/better. I need a way to install an older driver or some other solution.

:)

RossLoudon, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 30, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

bluetooth driver problem with Windows 10 update causing malfunction in keyboard for my ASUS...

Bluetooth in windows 10

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT211_Mini_Bluetooth_Dongle/

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT400/specifications/

P4-630, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

bluetooth driver problem with Windows 10 update causing malfunction in keyboard for my ASUS...

1. bluetooth driver problem with Windows 10 update causing malfunction in keyboard for my ASUS... - Similar Threads - bluetooth driver problem

2. Wireless keyboard malfunction driver problem after latest win10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless keyboard malfunction driver problem after latest win10 update: Hello,On Win 10 after latest update my wireless small keyboard sbox, link https://sbox.biz/keyboards/bluetooth-keyboard-sbox-bt-05 is having malfunctions, meaning 99% of keys working as they should, but spacebar being weird first additional zero with every space, then insert...
  3. Wireless keyboard malfunction driver problem after latest win10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless keyboard malfunction driver problem after latest win10 update: Hello,On Win 10 after latest update my wireless small keyboard sbox, link https://sbox.biz/keyboards/bluetooth-keyboard-sbox-bt-05 is having malfunctions, meaning 99% of keys working as they should, but spacebar being weird first additional zero with every space, then insert...
  4. Wireless keyboard malfunction driver problem after latest win10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unknown Windows 10 issue is causing a keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Windows 10 issue is causing a keyboard malfunction: For some reason, my PC refuses to type the lower case b. It works for about 1 minute after reboot and then it stops working. The strange part is, when I use caps lock + b, lower case b works. Alternatively, when I use Shift + b the uppercase letter works. Using Caps Lock + b...
  6. Unknown Windows 10 issue is causing a keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Windows 10 issue is causing a keyboard malfunction: For some reason, my PC refuses to type the lower case b. It works for about 1 minute after reboot and then it stops working. The strange part is, when I use caps lock + b, lower case b works. Alternatively, when I use Shift + b the uppercase letter works. Using Caps Lock + b...
  7. Bluetooth Driver Malfunctioning

Bluetooth Driver Malfunctioning: This morning, my PC's bluetooth driver abruptly stopped working. It has an Intel Bluetooth setup. I don't know how else to explain it other than that it keeps continuously erasing itself and coming back again. I have no buttons to turn it on or off, and I have tries...
  8. My Bluetooth is malfunctioning!!!

My Bluetooth is malfunctioning!!!: Please watch this and let me know what I should do. It seems like my Bluetooth is disconnecting every two seconds. Thank you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDKLGhTa2Zs...
  9. Update on Windows 10 caused deleting bluetooth driver

Update on Windows 10 caused deleting bluetooth driver: Hi, I know everybody might experience this kind of problem that when after an update made by windows, the Bluetooth driver was gone. I was so mad at this when I found at because I am using my wireless headset for my online job and now I cannot use it because of this single...
  10. Asus keyboard driver for Windows 10

Asus keyboard driver for Windows 10: Question: I have an Asus G75 17" laptop. I put an 500mb SSD in to boot from, runs like a champ. Here's the question: had a backlit keyboard until I upgraded to Windows 10, and the backlight has not worked since. Any suggestions? Figuring if it happened to me it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update causing keyboard malfunction