Windows 10: Bluetooth driver randomly disappeared on Surface Pro

Discus and support Bluetooth driver randomly disappeared on Surface Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got a Surface Pro LTE and a couple of hours ago, my Arc mouse just stopped working with it. When I went into the Bluetooth & other devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Becify, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Becify Win User

Bluetooth driver randomly disappeared on Surface Pro

I've got a Surface Pro LTE and a couple of hours ago, my Arc mouse just stopped working with it. When I went into the Bluetooth & other devices section, the on/off button for Bluetooth had incompletely disappeared.

I then went and checked the device manager and Bluetooth was showing up, but only when selecting 'show hidden devices'. I thought it might have stopped working because of an update, but when I checked update history, nothing had been installed since January. I then installed all available updates, including Windows 1809, but this didn't change anything. After this, I tried downloading the drivers here (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56278) for build 17763, but after installing and restarting my Surface, Bluetooth disappeared from the device manager entirely.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this? I bought my Surface Pro in July last year and I have had this problem once before, but I managed to fix it myself (unfortunately, I can't remember how!).

:)

Becify, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

Surface Pro

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro update history | Surface firmware updates

Surface Pro 2

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 update history | Surface firmware updates

Brink, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Surface Pro 3

Hi ChrisWaters3,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Does the battery drain out, if the tablet is not connected to peripherals?

2. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I understand how something like this can try your patience. This issue is an indication of faulty drivers or incompatible driver.
    However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check the drivers.

Step1: Battery driver

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Click on view on top > Select Show hidden devices.
    4. Expand the Batteries option from the list.
    5. Select the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery> right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    6. Click on Driver tab > check if you have the option to
      Roll Back Driver.
    7. If yes, Roll back the driver or uninstall it and restart the computer.
    Uninstalling the driver will be automatically installed after the system is restarted. Check if the issue is fixed.

Step 2: Keyboard driver.

1. In the Device manager, go to ‘Other devices’, you will find
      Unknown devices.
    2. Double tap on the unknown device > click on
      Driver tab> click on update driver.
    3. Select browse my computer for driver software> Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
    4. Select keyboard, then click ‘Next.
    5. Select HID Keyboard device and click finish.

Method 2: Run the toolkit.

Note: If your Surface is managed by your work or school, check with your organization's IT department before running the tool.

I would suggest you to run the toolkit provided by Microsoft on
    Fix common Surface
    problems using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit

If the above steps, doesn’t fix the issue. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Surface Pro 3 Battery
    FAQ for the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro (newest) Drivers and Firmware Update Oct. 18

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

See also: Updates for Surface Pro, Surface Laptop, Surface Book, and Surface Pro 3 (18 October 2017) Surface

Offline download: Download Surface Pro Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Bluetooth driver randomly disappeared on Surface Pro - Similar Threads - Bluetooth driver randomly

2. Bluetooth drivers disappear constantly at random on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth drivers disappear constantly at random on Windows 10: This has been a problem on my computer for years now. For absolutely no reason, oftentimes when I'm actively using my bluetooth mouse and keyboard, the bluetooth driver will delete itself from my computer and I'll be left with the "Bluetooth is turned off" message on all of...
  3. Bluetooth drivers disappear constantly at random on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth drivers disappear constantly at random on Windows 10: This has been a problem on my computer for years now. For absolutely no reason, oftentimes when I'm actively using my bluetooth mouse and keyboard, the bluetooth driver will delete itself from my computer and I'll be left with the "Bluetooth is turned off" message on all of...
  4. Bluetooth drivers disappear constantly at random on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth driver disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth driver disappeared: Hi,My Bluetooth driver does not exist in device manager settings and I am not able to use Bluetooth devices to connect to my computer. It happened after the latest windows update....
  6. Bluetooth driver disappeared

Bluetooth driver disappeared: Hi,My Bluetooth driver does not exist in device manager settings and I am not able to use Bluetooth devices to connect to my computer. It happened after the latest windows update....
  7. Bluetooth drivers disappearing randomly.

Bluetooth drivers disappearing randomly.: Hi, I am experiencing some issues with my PCIe Bluetooth card in windows 10 .It's a BCM94331CD card.I had it working but the os wasn't working so well after a couple of years and I decided to restore to a new windows clean install. After I installed the bluetooth driver...
  8. Bluetooth disappeared randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth disappeared randomly: So today I was trying to connect my bluetooth speaker to my PC. I noticed that my bluetooth was gone and I went to device manager and saw my bluetooth drivers were not there. I clicked on “view” and “show hidden drivers” and my bluetooth drivers had an error code. The code...
  9. Taskbar Disappears on Surface Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Disappears on Surface Pro: Hello, I have been having a problem on my surface pro when the keyboard is detached. I click on the keyboard icon to pop up my on screen keypad, and nothing comes up. After a few more presses, my taskbar at the bottom of the screen goes black, and I lose all control over...
  10. Bluetooth Driver Disappeared!

Bluetooth Driver Disappeared!: Hello, Earlier the Bluetooth in my laptop bugged so I had to deactivate/activate it from the device manager, after doing it twice it just disappeared from there, I can still see it in Services. I tried: Uninstalling and installing everything even different versions for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel precise touchdevice driver dissapeared

2. how to turn on bluetooth surface pro 3 disappears

3. bluetooth driver randomly disappeared on surface pro