Windows 10: bluetooth driver stopped working

Discus and support bluetooth driver stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; somehow overnight my bluetooth device stopped working. I've tried many things from Dell's online support to web-searching many ways to fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rdow1, Jun 9, 2019.

1. rdow1 Win User

bluetooth driver stopped working

somehow overnight my bluetooth device stopped working. I've tried many things from Dell's online support to web-searching many ways to fix this problem. As far as I can see the bluetooth device in my tablet acts as a USB device, but as of yet nothing I've tried has recovered this fuctionality.

Currently in device management an error 43 appears.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

:)

rdow1, Jun 9, 2019

2. bluetooth not working

Hi Mohit,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please share the details.

• Have you updated your Bluetooth adapter driver?

As Bluetooth stopped working it is a Bluetooth driver issue on the system so I would suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers and check whether the issue get fixed.

If not, please try the troubleshooting steps below by Uninstall and Reinstall the BluetoothDrivers method.

Step 1: Uninstall the BluetoothDrivers.

a. Press 'Windows Logo + X' keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on Device Manager from that list.

c. Search for the BluetoothDrivers from the device list, right click on it and then select Uninstall. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: Delete the driver software for this device, you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

e. After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

f. Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the BluetoothDrivers and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Below link is an article about Why isn’t Windows finding my Bluetooth or other wireless device?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 9, 2019
  3. keyboard bluetooth not work in windows 10

Hello Antonio,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Steps to update the Bluetooth drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at the desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Bluetooth drivers.
    • Right on each of the Bluetooth drivers
      and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Bluetooth Not Working

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer web site. If the issue persist uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

• Right-click the Start menu, and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Bluetooth
    • Right-click on Bluetooth Radio and select
      Update Driver Software…
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software

Note: You can also check your computer manufacturer’s support website for Bluetooth driver packages for your computer that are compatible with Windows 10.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. bluetooth driver stopped working - Similar Threads - bluetooth driver stopped

2. Bluetooth stopped working, can't reinstall drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stopped working, can't reinstall drivers: Some time ago my laptop's Lenovo 82J4 Bluetooth stopped working. I attempted to enable the services, which did nothing. I have uninstalled the drivers, and when I go to reinstall them, it does nothing. The installer says the drivers have been installed, but they do not appear...
  3. Bluetooth stopped working, can't reinstall drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth stopped working, can't reinstall drivers: Some time ago my laptop's Lenovo 82J4 Bluetooth stopped working. I attempted to enable the services, which did nothing. I have uninstalled the drivers, and when I go to reinstall them, it does nothing. The installer says the drivers have been installed, but they do not appear...
  4. Bluetooth stopped working, can't reinstall drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 Bluetooth Driver Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Bluetooth Driver Stopped Working: Hi all, I own an rog zephyrus M16 and recently, my bluetooth driver from asus stopped working. So I followed the common suggested solutions on the web and uninstalled the mediatek driver as people say windows would download the most updated driver itself after resetting....
  6. Windows 11 Bluetooth Driver Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Bluetooth Driver Stopped Working: Hi all, I own an rog zephyrus M16 and recently, my bluetooth driver from asus stopped working. So I followed the common suggested solutions on the web and uninstalled the mediatek driver as people say windows would download the most updated driver itself after resetting....
  7. The Bluetooth driver has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Bluetooth driver has stopped working.: My Bluetooth driver is not working. I think it was because of an update yesterday, but I'm not sure.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-bluetooth-driver-has-stopped-working/921b8ae1-20b4-4b4e-a9ea-a7351c0faa5b
  8. Bluetooth Drivers Stopped working out of nowhere

Bluetooth Drivers Stopped working out of nowhere: So... What happened is that I was just on my laptop, hearing music from my Bluetooth speaker, when it stopped. I was confused, of course, so I checked settings to see Bluetooth was "Off" despite me never turning it on. Then, I went and checked the Action Center, to see the...
  9. Bluetooth driver has stopped working.

Bluetooth driver has stopped working.: My Bluetooth driver is not working. I have tried troubleshooting but nothing happens. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-driver-has-stopped-working/45f1dc62-9ead-4139-93e7-ad2f6c7da4e3
  10. Bluetooth drivers stopped working all of the sudden.

Bluetooth drivers stopped working all of the sudden.: I was using my headphones and all of the sudden they stopped working and the laptop speakers started instead. I checked my Bluetooth settings to find that I couldn't turn it on anymore. [ATTACH] I should mention that the Bluetooth icon shoesn't show up in the system tray...