Windows 10: Bluetooth Driver Vanished on Update

Discus and support Bluetooth Driver Vanished on Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated Windows 10 on my ASUS Vivobook 15 and now can no longer use bluetooth, specifically with my headset. The toggle to turn bluetooth on and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by murraymckenzie, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Bluetooth Driver Vanished on Update

I updated Windows 10 on my ASUS Vivobook 15 and now can no longer use bluetooth, specifically with my headset.

The toggle to turn bluetooth on and off is gone entirely.

Bluetooth Driver Vanished on Update 3c8642ff-b58f-481a-b4f9-987de59de655?upload=true.png

I then used the bluetooth troubleshooter which returned this message, saying that my laptop isn't capable of bluetooth, despite the fact I was using it less than an hour earlier.

Bluetooth Driver Vanished on Update 29c855cf-41ce-4b8b-b745-5959f7f15015?upload=true.png

So I searched online a bit, most solutions seemed to use the device manager, so I open it up and, even with hidden devices being shown, no bluetooth to be found. What has happened here and how to I fix it?

Bluetooth Driver Vanished on Update f16fd330-22fa-4e4f-a92d-6ce39b916924?upload=true.png

Thank you.

:)

murraymckenzie, Aug 2, 2020

2. Bluetooth has vanished completely

Bluetooth has vanished completely on my Asus Vivobook E203NA since the last windows update.

It was there in device manager and devices, then windows updated today and bluetooth has vanished - not just not working but not even listed as an option in devices

Bluetooth Driver Vanished on Update daaa16f6-d56e-4b24-a136-f806dfd617b2.jpg

Michael-s-112, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Bluetooth's mobile phone drivers

Hi David,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers as the initial troubleshooting steps and check. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager
    • Locate Bluetooth drivers, expand, right click and click on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to uninstall
    and re-install the Bluetooth drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website and download the
      Driver’s setup file
      for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Bluetooth Driver Vanished on Update

Can't update bluetooth driver

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are facing issues updating Bluetooth drivers. Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

Few more details would help us to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Did you follow the below steps to update the Bluetooth driver?

• Right-click the Start menu, and select Device Manager.

• Expand Bluetooth

• Right-click on Bluetooth Device and select Update Driver Software…

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software
    3. "I have already gone into the app manager and uninstalled the programs that were for Bluetooth", did you uninstall from
    device manager?

If not, let us try to uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and install the latest driver for the device from the manufacturer website.

Step 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Bluetooth Driver.

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

a) Press Windows + X keys when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Bluetooth driver from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

f) After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Step 2: Install the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website.

I suggest you to install the latest Bluetooth driver from the computer manufacturer website.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

a. Right click/tap twice the driver setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

b. Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.

c. Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.

d. Try installing the driver/software and check.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Driver Vanished on Update

1. Bluetooth Driver Vanished on Update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Driver Vanished

2. Bluetooth vanished after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth vanished after upgrade.: Hi, I had updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Basic a few months before. Unfortunately, I had to do a clean install as there were several problems with my laptop's old hard disk. Some weeks later, i got all my drivers for Windows Update and thought that it was happy...
  3. Bluetooth vanished after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth vanished after upgrade.: Hi, I had updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Basic a few months before. Unfortunately, I had to do a clean install as there were several problems with my laptop's old hard disk. Some weeks later, i got all my drivers for Windows Update and thought that it was happy...
  4. Bluetooth vanished after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth suddenly vanished

Bluetooth suddenly vanished: A few days ago my bluetooth disappeared completely from my laptop.I have tried the following solutions:- update driver bluetooth was hidden- Use bluetooth troubleshooter- reinstall bluetooth- use CSFUp to this moment nothing works.Please help...
  6. Bluetooth vanished

Bluetooth vanished: I was happily typing on my bluetooth keyboard as usual when it suddenly stopped working. After running the troubleshooter, I was told that my laptop no longer has bluetooth. I tried to reinstall the driver but bluetooth continues to not show up on device manager, even when I...
  7. Bluetooth has vanished

Bluetooth has vanished: I have been happily using Amazon Echo as my speaker for my admittedly elderly Inspiron 1710. I installed a new hard drive a few weeks ago. The computer is running Win 10 up to date. The Echo connects with Bluetooth and has been working just fine for several years, as...
  8. BLUETOOTH VANISHED

BLUETOOTH VANISHED: I have an HP Envy desktop and the bluetooth icon has vanished. It no longer comes up in the action center and there is no option to turn it on in control panel. In device manager there isn't a Bluetooth option. Troubleshooting hasn't worked and I need help to fix this,...
  9. wifi driver vanished

wifi driver vanished: hello. Its just strange that my laptop(Inspiron N4050 ) just swallowed up the wifi network driver all of a sudden.I tried to download the drivers from dell website.Strangely,website recognised my laptop but did not show up any wifi drivers to download.When I tried to seach...
  10. Bluetooth vanished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth vanished: Hi guys, my bluetooth worked great yesterday and today its gone. No icon in the action/notification window, keyboard and mouse will not work. Will not let me delete the devices to pair them again. I run the bluetooth troubleshooter and it tell me this device is not bluetooth...