Windows 10: Bluetooth Drivers/Hardware missing

Discus and support Bluetooth Drivers/Hardware missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently got a WIFI/Bluetooth PCIE expansion card for my pc, turned on my pc in hopes of finding it being able to pick up my headphones wirelessly but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LukeMurphy5, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Bluetooth Drivers/Hardware missing

Recently got a WIFI/Bluetooth PCIE expansion card for my pc, turned on my pc in hopes of finding it being able to pick up my headphones wirelessly but little to my surprise I could not even turn on Bluetooth. I checked that my expansion card was working via connecting to the WIFI with ease however when I browsed forums and viewed YouTube videos on why its not working and how to fix the issue I found out that my pc does not even have the Bluetooth setting in device manager nor can I add it as legacy hardware under the network adapter settings in the Microsoft subcategory

Would love too know if anyone else has had this issue and if so how it was resolved because at this point I have tried booting my pc in recovery mode with my windows install disk to no avail and have looked tirelessly for official Microsoft Bluetooth legacy hardware drivers which I cannot find.

:)

LukeMurphy5, Dec 3, 2020

2. Bluetooth not existing after format of PC.

Hi,

If your Bluetooth hardware is missing after resetting your PC, this can be a result of a corrupted, outdated, or missing driver. As an initial step to get Bluetooth working, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Click the drop-down arrow for the Bluetooth doesn't appear and there are no unknown devices listed in Device Manager section to view the appropriate steps.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Bluetooth Settings are completely missing.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

It’s really unfortunate that you are facing this issue. But don't worry we will try to help you out.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Bluetooth drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Bluetooth drivers:

1. Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Right-click on the Bluetooth device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.

3. Select the option to delete driver software.

4. Restart the computer after its uninstalled.

Try to access the computer manufacturer's website, then download and install the latest Bluetooth drivers.

Also refer the suggestion provided by Rajith.

My Bluetooth cannot be enabled or is missing

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Tusan13 Win User

Bluetooth Drivers/Hardware missing

Bluetooth driver and icon missing from whole PC - tray icon, device manager, program files?

Dear Michael Gall,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I'm answering your questions below,

• Are you using a built-in or dongle Bluetooth?
      • Built-in Bluetooth with my laptop.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • No major changes (updates/software installations etc.) were done recently.
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
      • Firstly tried to search the .exe file or any other related file associated with Bluetooth through windows search.
      • Secondly, tried to install bluetooth driver provided by lenovo in my driver folder, which indicates missing hardware (2nd image).
      • Thirdly, via "services.msc" tried to automatically run the bluetooth service, but nothing happened!
    That's all.

Tusan13, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Drivers/Hardware missing

1. Bluetooth Drivers/Hardware missing - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Drivers Hardware

2. Bluetooth Driver Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Driver Missing: Hello. Recently I have been trying to connect bluetooth devices to my Windows 11 computer. I have never connected devices through bluetooth to this computer before. Whenever I try to connect a device, it says it cannot be "found", even though I know that the device itself...
  3. Missing bluetooth driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing bluetooth driver: I have a HP pivillion notebook AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 1.80 GHz64-bit operating system, x64-based processorI have searched even in hidden section for my bluetooth driver. How can I reinstall it?...
  4. Missing bluetooth driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing bluetooth driver: I have a HP pivillion notebook AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 1.80 GHz64-bit operating system, x64-based processorI have searched even in hidden section for my bluetooth driver. How can I reinstall it?...
  5. Bluetooth drivers missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth drivers missing: GreetingsI have been trying to fix my Bluetooth problem all day …So I tried all the steps from this site : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-bluetooth-problems-in-windows-723e092f-03fa-858b-5c80-131ec3fba75cNothing helped I uninstalled and reinstalled all the...
  6. Bluetooth drivers missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth drivers missing: GreetingsI have been trying to fix my Bluetooth problem all day …So I tried all the steps from this site : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-bluetooth-problems-in-windows-723e092f-03fa-858b-5c80-131ec3fba75cNothing helped I uninstalled and reinstalled all the...
  7. Missing Bluetooth Drivers

Missing Bluetooth Drivers: Hi, How do I re-install bluetooth drivers for my Lenovo 10AW009PUK? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-bluetooth-drivers/b5649adc-caa6-4c79-96bc-09f6caaceed9
  8. Missing Bluetooth Driver

Missing Bluetooth Driver: my device didnt come with bluetooth drivers and ive searched all over the web looking for where to download it from please I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-bluetooth-driver/64d10d9c-f59d-4b68-81b2-835de2686fb6
  9. Bluetooth Driver Missing

Bluetooth Driver Missing: So the bluetooth is missing from my settings and my action center. I went to my devices manager and I couldn't find it so I tried downloading the bluetooth driver from Asus' website. I downloaded it but when I tried installing it it told me I couldn't replace my version of...
  10. Bluetooth Driver Missing

Bluetooth Driver Missing: I somehow messed up trying to fix my Bluetooth driver. I noticed that my Bluetooth driver wasn't working, so I tried using the "DriverToolKit" or "DriverHub" or whatever. The point is, they weren't that helpful. So I tried a risky move, I went to device manager, I...