Windows 10: Bluetooth drivers stopped working all of the sudden.

Discus and support Bluetooth drivers stopped working all of the sudden. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was using my headphones and all of the sudden they stopped working and the laptop speakers started instead. I checked my Bluetooth settings to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ikerimi, May 11, 2020.

1. Ikerimi Win User

Bluetooth drivers stopped working all of the sudden.

I was using my headphones and all of the sudden they stopped working and the laptop speakers started instead. I checked my Bluetooth settings to find that I couldn't turn it on anymore.

Bluetooth drivers stopped working all of the sudden. 8d3cc3fe-5a09-4e86-8baf-8001ab1b1b9c?upload=true.png

I should mention that the Bluetooth icon shoesn't show up in the system tray either, yet alone activate and deactivate Bluetooth.

First I tried running the Troubleshooter, but to no avail. It did attempt to reinstall the drivers, but couldn't activate it.

Bluetooth drivers stopped working all of the sudden. 30bc675b-8b21-48a7-9bbe-331157bc9cb4?upload=true.jpg

I tried restarting, the problem persisted.

Then, I went to device manager...

Bluetooth drivers stopped working all of the sudden. 5d3337af-d378-43e9-ad68-b15808242aa2?upload=true.jpg

How can I get Bluetooth to work again? Do I have to reinstall Windows?

:)

Ikerimi, May 11, 2020

2. bluetooth not working

Hi Mohit,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please share the details.

• Have you updated your Bluetooth adapter driver?

As Bluetooth stopped working it is a Bluetooth driver issue on the system so I would suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers and check whether the issue get fixed.

If not, please try the troubleshooting steps below by Uninstall and Reinstall the BluetoothDrivers method.

Step 1: Uninstall the BluetoothDrivers.

a. Press 'Windows Logo + X' keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on Device Manager from that list.

c. Search for the BluetoothDrivers from the device list, right click on it and then select Uninstall. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: Delete the driver software for this device, you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

e. After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

f. Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the BluetoothDrivers and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Below link is an article about Why isn’t Windows finding my Bluetooth or other wireless device?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 11, 2020
  3. keyboard bluetooth not work in windows 10

Hello Antonio,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Steps to update the Bluetooth drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at the desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Bluetooth drivers.
    • Right on each of the Bluetooth drivers
      and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 11, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Bluetooth Not Working

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer web site. If the issue persist uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

• Right-click the Start menu, and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Bluetooth
    • Right-click on Bluetooth Radio and select
      Update Driver Software…
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software

Note: You can also check your computer manufacturer’s support website for Bluetooth driver packages for your computer that are compatible with Windows 10.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth drivers stopped working all of the sudden. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth drivers stopped

2. Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth suddenly stopped working: I was listening to music with my bluetooth headset and the music stopped, checked my bluetooth and it said it was turned off. I saw there was no option to turn it back on so I ran troubleshooting and now it says my device doesn't have bluetooth. Checked the drivers and it's...
  3. Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth suddenly stopped working: I was listening to music with my bluetooth headset and the music stopped, checked my bluetooth and it said it was turned off. I saw there was no option to turn it back on so I ran troubleshooting and now it says my device doesn't have bluetooth. Checked the drivers and it's...
  4. Bluetooth stopped working suddenly

Bluetooth stopped working suddenly: helloi have been facing a problem for the past 1 day and would like to be assisted.my laptop's bluetooth drivers suddenly have disappeared from device manager and there's no option for me to turn it back on. i have troubleshooted this in all possible methods and found that...
  5. Bluetooth is not working all of a sudden...

Bluetooth is not working all of a sudden...: Hi, earlier today I turned on my PC and my wireless headphones but they wouldn't connect. I went to settings and found that Bluetooth was not working and apparently was not compatible with my computer, which it had been for since I got it back in December 2020. [ATTACH] I...
  6. Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

Bluetooth suddenly stopped working: Hi All, Just this morning, Bluetooth on my Dell Inspiron 3493 stopped working. When trying to add a Bluetooth device from Settings>Devices>Add Bluetooth or other device I am getting an error saying that Bluetooth is not switched on, and to update the driver. [ATTACH]...
  7. Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

Bluetooth suddenly stopped working: Hey, I have been using bluetooth for a long time and then yesterday suddenly, it stopped working. I now can't see the option to turn on/off the bluetooth. I even no longer can see it in the device manager so I don't know how to unistall the drivers, and even when I do...
  8. All of the sudden many drivers stopped working??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of the sudden many drivers stopped working??: Was playing a game everything froze. I restarted the computer now sound isn't working some USB aren't working and there's this mouse circle that keeps blinking when I'm not doing anything? What happened need help submitted by /u/Travisdrey23 [link] [comments]...
  9. Bluetooth suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth suddenly stopped working.: Dell 5587 Windows 1909 Bluetooth stopped working like 2 hours ago, right after I updated my Nvidia drivers (tinynvidiaupdatechecker) Bluetooth does not appear in Device Manager, Troubleshooter says my device is not Bluetooth capable (WHAT?), no switch in "Devices" Tried...
  10. Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

Bluetooth suddenly stopped working: Hey, back with another problem )) So I wanted to connect to my wireless speaker when I noticed the BT icon is gone. Now I cannot get it back by any means and Device Manager shows this:[ATTACH] Any advice appreciated...