Windows 10: Bluetooth dysfunctional (QCA61x4) after 1903 update

Discus and support Bluetooth dysfunctional (QCA61x4) after 1903 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got upgraded to Windows 10 v1903 2 days ago, and since then my bluetooth isn't working properly. The bluetooth icon shows up, but I cannot find or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ParagonVex, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Bluetooth dysfunctional (QCA61x4) after 1903 update

I got upgraded to Windows 10 v1903 2 days ago, and since then my bluetooth isn't working properly.

The bluetooth icon shows up, but I cannot find or connect to any bluetooth devices, which I could before (which are from 2018)

I've tried reinstalling bluetooth drivers through device manager and I've tried using the latest QCA61x4 Qualcomm drivers.

This post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...luetooth/313b7149-676f-4165-a360-b8db7535ae87 says that there are issues with the Qualcomm chips currently with 1903 and out-of-date drivers, and that Microsoft was pausing updating people affected.

Why was I updated? Clearly I have a chip that doesn't have an up-to-date driver, and there's nothing I can do?

I can't rollback the 1903 update, because the 'Get started' button is greyed out, even though the update was only 48 hours ago.

:)

ParagonVex, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Time Lady Win User

1903 and BlueTooth

It’s a known bug in ver 1903:

Unable to discover or connect to Bluetooth devices

Microsoft has identified compatibility issues with some driver versions for Bluetooth radios made by Realtek and Qualcomm. To safeguard your update experience, we have applied a compatibility hold on devices with affected driver versions for Realtek or Qualcomm
    Bluetooth radios from being offered Windows 10, version 1903 or Windows Server, version 1903 until the driver has been updated.

Affected platforms:

Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Server: Windows Server, version 1903

Workaround: Check with your device manufacturer (OEM) to see if an updated driver is available and install it.

For Qualcomm drivers, you will need to install a driver version greater than 10.0.1.11.

For Realtek drivers, you will need to install a driver version greater than 1.5.1011.0.

Note Until an updated driver has been installed, we recommend you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool.

Next steps: Microsoft is working with Realtek and Qualcomm to release new drivers for all affected system via Windows Update.

Time Lady, Aug 16, 2019
  3. VinceS Win User
    Win 10 Pro 64 1809 to 1903 update stuck in endless install loop

Obviously the diagnostic startup was a flop - too many things dysfunctional and little point to pick them out and activate as bits fell over.

I can't find a media creation tool file for 1903 but that is the next obvious step - it was available mid April but got pulled, any idea where to find it now?

I did put up a report on the Feedback Hub, titled "1903 update fails with no error reported - endless download, install, restart loop". Seems there are a lot of 1903 update issues, but this happens every major release...

VinceS, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Bluetooth dysfunctional (QCA61x4) after 1903 update

Bluetooth device problem with windows 10 fall creators update (qualcomm atheros qca61x4 bluetooth 4.1)

Hello,

Yes this is the first time i am experiencing this issue.

I will explain you in detail.

1) Bluetooth switched on in settings and it states as Device is now discoverable as"device name"

2) In searching for devices in my laptop it wont detect any bluetooth devices though i have kept one bluetooth headset to paring mode.(
    to your note i have used the same bluetooth headset before in my pc as so before the fall creators update)

3) the bluetooth headset which is in paring mode gets detected in mobile phone and other laptops of mine but not in this specific laptop with qualcomm Atheros qca61x4 bluetooth 4.1.

4) i have also tried all the troubleshoot methods but none of them helped me.

5) i have also updated my bluetooth driver to the latest version for owners webpage.

Please help me Microsoft.

Asuthosh CR, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth dysfunctional (QCA61x4) after 1903 update

1. Bluetooth dysfunctional (QCA61x4) after 1903 update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth dysfunctional QCA61x4

2. Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth driver failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth driver failure: Dell XPX 8930 Windows 10 64 Bit was on another computer, desktop crashed, short circuited, blue screen of death, restart everything fine except no bluetooth adapter removed device and re-added via device manager multiple times, updated driver from dell website, windows...
  3. Cannot update Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth Driver

Cannot update Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth Driver: I cannot turn on my PC Bluetooth to connect to my LG HBS780 headphones or any other Bluetooth audio device. The PC is a Dell desktop running Win 10 (Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363). All Dell diagnostics say everything is up to date, but the Qualcomm driver is not working. I...
  4. Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.1 - Bluetooth Cannot Be Turned On/Always Disabled

Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.1 - Bluetooth Cannot Be Turned On/Always Disabled: The Issue: I want to connect to my Doqaus Care 1 Headphones with my XPS 13 computer, but I cannot even turn on the bluetooth to look for connections. Important Info: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] When I go to the device manager I get the following information: "Windows has...
  5. Bluetooth lost on surface go-Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth

Bluetooth lost on surface go-Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth: I lost Bluetooth capability yesterday. No icon to turn on and off. Updated, uninstalled, ran diagnostics and chatted with Microsoft and Best Buy but neither helped. Anyone have same issue and knows how to fix? Help!!!!...
  6. Bluetooth not working after Updating Windows to version 1903 and 19093

Bluetooth not working after Updating Windows to version 1903 and 19093: Greetings Microsoft Community, I'm here asking for assistance after trying a bunch of troubleshoots in order to fix Bluetooth that was ruined by windows update for around two days. Bluetooth is shown in the action Center But that button literally does nothing, not...
  7. Update to 1903 halted by bluetooth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 1903 halted by bluetooth: When I tried to update to 1903 the process halted and gave me a box that told me I needed to update the drivers for my Bluetooth adapter. My Asus computer uses a Realtek RTL8821AE daughter card on the motherboard, which gives me Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. My problem is...
  8. Dysfunctional Mouse

Dysfunctional Mouse: My mouse has become over-sensitive - even with a light touch, it often double-clicks and cancels what I have tried to achieve, thus requiring several attempts. It often jumps around, especially in Excel, causing me to go back and cancel the unwanted operation. I pay for...
  9. Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update

Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update: I have a desktop PC with a bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth numeric keypad, both of which were working well under W10 1809. Yesterday, I updated to 1903. Now I can't get either one to connect, using my CSR Harmony bluetooth dongle. I get a "no pairing response" message...
  10. Bluetooth Audio turns into dysfunctional mess after 1803 update

Bluetooth Audio turns into dysfunctional mess after 1803 update: First of all every single time after I wake up my PC it can only connect to voice profile of my Bluetooth headset. The ONLY way to actually fix this is to connect headset to Android phone first and only after that Windows will recognize music profile. That's nuts when you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. qualcomm atheros bluetooth win10 1903

2. pairing devices bluetooth keeps disconnecting in win 10 version 1903

3. my bluetooth wont connect after 1903 windows update