Windows 10: Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode

Discus and support Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Up until yesterday, my earbuds had the option between normal use and hands-free, but now connecting them only allows hands-free. The normal use seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by '.-.', Aug 10, 2021.

1. '.-.' Win User

Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode

Up until yesterday, my earbuds had the option between normal use and hands-free, but now connecting them only allows hands-free. The normal use seems to have been completely removed. Additionally, when connecting the earbuds, it will only display as voice sometimes when completely removed, then paired and set in use, it'll say music for a moment. I have searched multiple solutions but none seemed to have worked such as deleting Bluetooth drivers in Device Manager and redownloading them via reset, downloading new drivers from manufacturer's site, using command prompt as administrator and run

:)

'.-.', Aug 10, 2021
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Connecting Bluetooth Earbuds to my Laptop

Here's how to connect your Bluetooth earbuds to your PC. It's mostly about Bluetooth, rather than Windows. And if you were hoping the process would be simple and obvious ... guess what? It's not.

Bluetooth is actually a wireless network technology, very similar to WiFi. What you have are actually
    Bluetooth-enabled earbuds, because they have the ability to connect to a Bluetooth network.

The unique thing about a Bluetooth network is that the network exists only between your Bluetooth-enabled earbuds and the Bluetooth adapter in your computer. That makes a Bluetooth network more secure than a WiFi network, because anyone can join a WiFi network.

Get ready, here we go:

Step #1: Make your Bluetooth devices discoverable: Put your earbuds and your Bluetooth adapter into discovery mode. That's like joining a dating website - you've made yourself discoverable to other people. The instructions that came with your earbuds
    should say how to put them into discovery mode. Putting your Bluetooth adapter into discovery mode is a two-part process:

• Go to Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices and add your computer's Bluetooth adapter as a 'device.'

Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode 8c21cb7d-9f81-4ac3-8e7a-a83b9bf7a949?upload=true.png

• Once you done this you'll see the control to turn Bluetooth 'on.'

Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode d306056b-a0bb-4db8-b5f2-cd259c44f08e?upload=true.png

Step #2: Pair your earbuds to the Bluetooth adapter. This is like exchanging contact information with someone on that dating website. Your earbuds and the Bluetooth adapter exchange information, so they don't have to go through the whole setup process every
    time you want to you use Bluetooth-enabled earbuds. Once your earbuds are paired, they show up in the list of devices on that same page in the Settings app.

Here's how my Bluetooth-enables earbuds look:

Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode d039a836-66ad-428a-8dfc-649ded447114?upload=true.png

Step #3: The final step is to actually meet the person you found on the dating site. In Bluetooth, as in life, that's called 'connecting.'

Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode 152bfb5d-3c97-4b8a-8599-8f3df0dbd892?upload=true.png

Now your earbuds are ready to use.

Of course, there are many gotchas that you might encounter, but let's see how far you get with the above.

BulldogXX, Aug 10, 2021
  3. Bluetooth TWS earbuds shown on Bluetooth list

On your Windows 10 PC, go to Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.

Next, you need to place the earbuds into pairing mode. See instructions for your earbuds on how to accomplish this. Your earbuds cannot be added until you first place them into pairing mode.

Go back to Windows and click on the "Add Bluetooth or other device". Select "Bluetooth".

It may take a few seconds, but the earbuds should show up as a device that can be added. Select the earbuds.

NOTE: You reference the message on the computer saying that your computer is now discoverable. Note that in this case that is irrelevant. It is the other way around that is needed. The earbuds need to be discoverable (accomplished by placing them into pairing mode) so that they can be added to the computer.

hsehestedt, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode

[Solved]Bluetooth earbuds only shows as hands free not stereo

Hello,

I am an Independent Microsoft Advisor. Kindly, go through below steps.

1. Click on start and search for "Control Panel".

2. Click on "View devices and printers" under Hardware and Sound.

3. Now right click on bluetooth earbud and choose "properties".

4. Now navigate to services and let me the list of options present there 5. and make sure all are checked. Then press OK.

Thank You Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode :)

Sourav

SouravBehera, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode

1. Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Earbuds Allow

2. Can only connect via Bluetooth on hands-free mode windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can only connect via Bluetooth on hands-free mode windows 11: Hello everyone,I seem to have a problem when I try to connect via Bluetooth to a speaker or headphone set since the only way I can reproduce sound is in hands-free mode, which significantly reduces the audio quality. I have tried disabling this feature on the "services" tab...
  3. Can only connect via Bluetooth on hands-free mode windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can only connect via Bluetooth on hands-free mode windows 11: Hello everyone,I seem to have a problem when I try to connect via Bluetooth to a speaker or headphone set since the only way I can reproduce sound is in hands-free mode, which significantly reduces the audio quality. I have tried disabling this feature on the "services" tab...
  4. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free: Hello,My Bluetooth Jabra 85t headphones only connect in the stereo mode and the hands-free mode, which supports the microphone, shows disconnected in audio devices. See screenshot below.This prevents me from using the microphone function....
  5. Bluetooth Problems, Only Hands-Free possible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Problems, Only Hands-Free possible: HelloFor the last couple of days my bluetooth headset stopped working properly.Until now it was always detected as "Hands Free AG Audio" and a stereo version.I don't use the microphone, so I always took the stereo one for the way better sound.Now however only the hands free...
  6. Bluetooth Problems, Only Hands-Free possible

Bluetooth Problems, Only Hands-Free possible: HelloFor the last couple of days my bluetooth headset stopped working properly.Until now it was always detected as "Hands Free AG Audio" and a stereo version.I don't use the microphone, so I always took the stereo one for the way better sound.Now however only the hands free...
  7. Bluetooth Problems, Only Hands-Free possible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Headset Microphone only working with hands-free mode

Headset Microphone only working with hands-free mode: Hey, I have a new headset, the Sony WH-XB900N. Audio Input and Output work flawlessly on my Samsung Phone and my MacBook Pro. Connecting them to Windows 10 is a big struggle. I connected the device to my Windows 10 with the name "LE_WH_XB900N". Nothing happened. Then I...
  9. Bluetooth earbuds only shows as hands free not stereo

Bluetooth earbuds only shows as hands free not stereo: I recently purchased a new Bluetooth earbud, works great on phone but when i connect it to my windows 10 laptop, it connects them as hands free only, in bluetooth setting it shows "connected, voice", i have a bluetooth headphone it works fine and it shows "connected, music"...
  10. Having Issues Using Bluetooth Earbuds as Hands-free

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having Issues Using Bluetooth Earbuds as Hands-free: (TL;DR at the bottom) I have a pair of Jaybird Tarah Bluetooth earbuds paired to my Windows PC. These buds also have media buttons and a microphone. They are called "Overture" For clarity, My particular machine is running Win10 Pro (1909) through Boot Camp. Bluetooth...