Windows 10: Bluetooth earbuds only shows as hands free not stereo

Discus and support Bluetooth earbuds only shows as hands free not stereo in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new Bluetooth earbud, works great on phone but when i connect it to my windows 10 laptop, it connects them as hands free only,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ryantrix, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Ryantrix Win User

Bluetooth earbuds only shows as hands free not stereo

I recently purchased a new Bluetooth earbud, works great on phone but when i connect it to my windows 10 laptop, it connects them as hands free only, in bluetooth setting it shows "connected, voice", i have a bluetooth headphone it works fine and it shows "connected, music" and it has both hands free and stereo, i tried the usual troubleshooting like re-pairing them and removing the drivers, i have latest drivers for my intel 9560 wireless, since there is no stereo device there is no way to set it as default speaker, although i tried that as well on hands free, it doesnt even shows test button its grayed out.

I think the main problem is windows cant recognise it has a speaker.

:)

Ryantrix, Jun 14, 2020

2. Bluetooth headset will only show as hands-free device, but not stereo.

I'm using SkullCandy Crusher headphones with a dell windows 10 PC. They were working before I went on vacation.

Before vacation, in the sound control panel the headset would show up twice, one as stereo, and one as hands-free AG. I would have the Stereo one as my default sound device. In the Bluetooth settings it would show connected as voice and music.

Now in the sound control panel, only the hands free AG shows up, and only voice in the Bluetooth settings.

I guess I understand the hands-free mode is meant for phone calls, and the audio sounds awful for anything else.

What changed?

I've tried extensive googling, but can't find a solution to this specific problem.

MEOW6666666, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Plantronics Launches the BackBeat Go Wireless Stereo Headset

bluetooth earbuds?

no massive battery pack/receiver?

*crazy dance with arms waving in the air*

BUY ME SOME ALREADY

edit: freedom: these are the best of both of what you listed. earbuds with mic, as well as bluetooth. A2DP means it can play stereo music as well, not just limited to voice communication like most BT headsets.

Mussels, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Bluetooth earbuds only shows as hands free not stereo

Bluetooth earbuds interrput on bigger volume change

Earbuds (especially right-earbud) stops for around 0,5s when I change the volume

+

Problem with recording audio with earbuds in stereo earbuds setting as default -> they shut down even when I only come in recording tab in windows audio control panel

I have bluetooth earbuds QCY QS1

When I connect them to my Windows 10 1803 they work.

But when I change volume in right down corner of windows the problem starts. But only with bigger volume difference. Like from 75% to 100% or 15% to 40%.

It's like... the sound (mainly in right earbud imo) dissapears for 0,5 second? They work well when volume doesn't change. But when I change the volume to up or down for more % this problem comes out. How to fix this? (updated bluetooth drivers to latest and still...)

Another but aside problem is that when I go to recording settings they stop working, no sound from them and windows settings broke and suspend, to close them i shot all the time "X" button to crash it. I found that this is with stereo mode. When I set in audio listening the hand-free version that is seen as default (will change to it) -> the audio is not as good in earbuds and only right earbud is giving the audio. But after this change the recording tab works normally and I can even turn this earbuds as default for recording and it is working. There is definetly some problem with it.

Krystian Walicki, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth earbuds only shows as hands free not stereo

1. Bluetooth earbuds only shows as hands free not stereo - Similar Threads - Bluetooth earbuds shows

2. Bluetooth headphone stereo shows disconnected but hands-free shows up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphone stereo shows disconnected but hands-free shows up.: I want to switch to bluetooth stereo because the audio quality that i get on hands free is awful. I have tested things like clean installing the bluetooth drivers, changes the headset drivers, repair the devices but nothing seems to work. I tried on another device but it...
  3. Bluetooth headphone stereo shows disconnected but hands-free shows up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphone stereo shows disconnected but hands-free shows up.: I want to switch to bluetooth stereo because the audio quality that i get on hands free is awful. I have tested things like clean installing the bluetooth drivers, changes the headset drivers, repair the devices but nothing seems to work. I tried on another device but it...
  4. Bluetooth headphone stereo shows disconnected but hands-free shows up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free: Hello,My Bluetooth Jabra 85t headphones only connect in the stereo mode and the hands-free mode, which supports the microphone, shows disconnected in audio devices. See screenshot below.This prevents me from using the microphone function....
  6. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free: Hello,My Bluetooth Jabra 85t headphones only connect in the stereo mode and the hands-free mode, which supports the microphone, shows disconnected in audio devices. See screenshot below.This prevents me from using the microphone function....
  7. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

8. Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode

Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode: Up until yesterday, my earbuds had the option between normal use and hands-free, but now connecting them only allows hands-free. The normal use seems to have been completely removed. Additionally, when connecting the earbuds, it will only display as voice sometimes when...
  9. Bluetooth stereo and hands free

Bluetooth stereo and hands free: okay so I bought a wireless headphone a week ago and it works perfectly on my devices but as soon as I connect to windows it separates my headphone into two profiles one as a bluetooth headphone which allows me to hear audio fine and the other profile is bluetooth headset...
  10. Bluetooth headset will only show as hands-free device, but not stereo.

Bluetooth headset will only show as hands-free device, but not stereo.: I'm using SkullCandy Crusher headphones with a dell windows 10 PC. They were working before I went on vacation. Before vacation, in the sound control panel the headset would show up twice, one as stereo, and one as hands-free AG. I would have the Stereo one as my default...