Windows 10: Bluetooth earbuds working as headphones but not as headset

Discus and support Bluetooth earbuds working as headphones but not as headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I was hoping someone could help me. I have an issue with my Bluetooth earbuds connection. They show connected to my laptop and I'm able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Samuel, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Samuel Win User

Bluetooth earbuds working as headphones but not as headset

Hi everyone,I was hoping someone could help me. I have an issue with my Bluetooth earbuds connection. They show connected to my laptop and I'm able to play audio through them, however the headset functionality for calls is not working.I've tried connecting my earbuds to different laptops to see if they were the issue, but they work perfectly fine on other laptops. I also tried connecting a different model of earbuds and the same happened... headphone audio functionality works but headset calls functionality is missing.I've tried to unpair and pair again the device, reinstall the Bluetooth

:)

Samuel, Apr 28, 2021
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Apr 28, 2021
  3. tsur1 Win User
    Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

I have the exact same problem with my Bluebuds X

Bluetooth earbuds working as headphones but not as headset [​IMG]

I have tried to manually add a driver through windows driver update (you can choose a driver device from the list)
    but i'm not sure which one is compatible and had no luck getting the headset portion to work... *Sad

Please let me know if you have found a solution!

Thanks!

tsur1, Apr 28, 2021
  4. taward Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

All,

I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone).

I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they connect on the headphones (i.e. stereo audio only) is recognized as an audio device.

Normally Windows recognizes headsets like this as two separate devices - headphones for audio and headsets for calling. I can confirm that device manager sees them both as functioning normally. But, as shown below, the headset portion is showing as disconnected. But there is no way to connect it.

I have uninstalled and deleted the device and re-paired it. Nothing works. Thoughts?

taward, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Bluetooth earbuds working as headphones but not as headset - Similar Threads - Bluetooth earbuds working

2. Windows 11 cannot switch between headphone and headset profile of Bluetooth earbuds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cannot switch between headphone and headset profile of Bluetooth earbuds: SummaryLaptop: Dell Latitude 5430System: Windows 11 22H2Earbuds: Technics EAH-AZ60After upgrading from Windows 10 to 11, my earbuds cannot be used in MS Teams calls and Windows cannot switch from headphones to headset profiles of the earbuds.DescriptionI have been using...
  3. Windows 11 cannot switch between headphone and headset profile of Bluetooth earbuds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 cannot switch between headphone and headset profile of Bluetooth earbuds: SummaryLaptop: Dell Latitude 5430System: Windows 11 22H2Earbuds: Technics EAH-AZ60After upgrading from Windows 10 to 11, my earbuds cannot be used in MS Teams calls and Windows cannot switch from headphones to headset profiles of the earbuds.DescriptionI have been using...
  4. Bluetooth issue with headset/headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth issue with headset/headphones: Hello, I have a problem with Bluetooth headphones. I can't use any app for chatting Discord, Telegram, Zoom, etc and be able to simultaneously play any media in good quality including any game. Other users also report the same problem and so far there is no solution to it on...
  5. Bluetooth issue with headset/headphones

Bluetooth issue with headset/headphones: Hello, I have a problem with Bluetooth headphones. I can't use any app for chatting Discord, Telegram, Zoom, etc and be able to simultaneously play any media in good quality including any game. Other users also report the same problem and so far there is no solution to it on...
  6. my bluetooth earbuds connect as headphones, but not as a headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my bluetooth earbuds connect as headphones, but not as a headset: My Bluetooth earbuds ifrogz airtime 2 connect and work perfectly well, but recently I have been unable to use their built in microphones, after trying a few things I discovered this,for some reason, I can connect and disconnect from the option labelled "Headphones" just fine,...
  7. my bluetooth earbuds connect as headphones, but not as a headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my bluetooth earbuds connect as headphones, but not as a headset: My Bluetooth earbuds ifrogz airtime 2 connect and work perfectly well, but recently I have been unable to use their built in microphones, after trying a few things I discovered this,for some reason, I can connect and disconnect from the option labelled "Headphones" just fine,...
  8. my bluetooth earbuds connect as headphones, but not as a headset

9. Bluetooth Headset Recognised as Headphone

Bluetooth Headset Recognised as Headphone: I try to connect to a new headset for the first time. There are 2 separate bluetooth drivers were installed when the device is connected, for headphone no microphone and for headset with microphone. The device is only recognised as headphone so the microphone is not...
  10. Headphones/ earbuds

Headphones/ earbuds: My earbuds are not working on my laptop. How do I get the computer to recognize them? They do work on me ipad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-earbuds/8b8aac5f-1bc0-4a64-9c90-815152a0103c