Windows 10: bluetooth earphone microphone wont work on zoom

Discus and support bluetooth earphone microphone wont work on zoom in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i dont know under which category this question should go. please correct me if this is not the place. have lenovo thinkpad t440 win 10 prof. have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ppm123, Sep 5, 2020.

1. ppm123 Win User

bluetooth earphone microphone wont work on zoom

i dont know under which category this question should go. please correct me if this is not the place.

have lenovo thinkpad t440 win 10 prof.

have purchased blue tooth handsfree device 1)samsung uflex 2)fingers musitalks

both work fine when connected to t440 and i can hear music playback from the laptop memory or youtube playback

but when i open zoom for video conference --the audio is not in the head set but thru laptop speaker only.

i tried possible setting suggested --on screen-- in the zoom app to select the headset but no change.
    will this be due to some compatibility issues ?

:)

ppm123, Sep 5, 2020
  2. ppm123 Win User

bliuetooth earphone microphone wont work on zoom

i dont know under which category this question should go. please correct me if this is not the place.

have lenovo thinkpad t440 win 10 prof.

have purchased blue tooth handsfree device 1)samsung uflex 2)fingers musitalks

both work fine when connected to t440 and i can hear music playback from the laptop memory or youtube playback

but when i open zoom for video conference --the audio is not in the head set but thru laptop speaker only.

i tried possible setting suggested --on screen-- in the zoom app to select the headset but no change.
    will this be due to some compatibility issues ?

ppm123, Sep 5, 2020
  3. ShernieL Win User
    Microphone not working for zoom

I have already checked all the normal settings, etc!!

1. A couple days ago, I tried to connect my iphone to the bluetooth on my laptop. (I wanted to be able to share audio from an app in my phone during a zoom meeting.) Windows 10 told me that my phone was paired. But no sound came through the laptop.

2. I cannot use a cable to connect my phone because there is no microphone outlet on my laptop; it only has an outlet for headphones.

3. I searched lots of recommendations online and tried them (sorry, I'm not good with this and can't tell you exactly what I tried.)

4. I had a zoom meeting afterward, and my microphone worked fine.

5. Yesterday, my system said that I needed to restart and said something about microphone. I restarted the laptop.

6. Last night, I tried to host a zoom meeting and could not be heard.

I have followed numerous tips online and nothing is helping.

a. According to the advanced settings in zoom, my microphone is connected. However, when I test the microphone in zoom, it does not record my voice.

b. The settings in Windows 10 show that my laptop has permission to use my microphone in the zoom app.

I'm convinced that I inadvertently changed something a couple days ago when trying to troubleshoot the bluetooth problem. I think that change took effect when I restarted the laptop yesterday. But I have no idea what change I may have made. Everything
    that I know to check looks correct, yet the microphone is not recording me when I talk in zoom.

Update: When I right click the sound icon on the task bar, the option for "sound" is not in the list.

ShernieL, Sep 5, 2020
  4. bluetooth earphone microphone wont work on zoom

Microphone not working in Zoom Conference

I cannot get the microphone to work when on a Zoom App conference. I have a brand new HP notebook using Windows 10. Any suggestions?

THOMAS_SMITH_915, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

bluetooth earphone microphone wont work on zoom

1. bluetooth earphone microphone wont work on zoom - Similar Threads - bluetooth earphone microphone

2. Microphone not working in zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working in zoom: Microphone not working in zoom I have a new Lenovo thinkpad Laptop running Windows 10 with a built in camera and microphone using the driver Microphone array Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones. The microphone works for Cortana and other applications but...
  3. Microphone not working in zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working in zoom: Microphone not working in zoom I have a new Lenovo thinkpad Laptop running Windows 10 with a built in camera and microphone using the driver Microphone array Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones. The microphone works for Cortana and other applications but...
  4. bluetooth earphones not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth earphones not working: they are connected and it says it's connected for music? it works on sites such as youtube as the audio is playing in my headphones but for other 'non-music' apps it isn't working and the audio just comes out of my laptop instead...
  5. bluetooth earphones not working

bluetooth earphones not working: they are connected and it says it's connected for music? it works on sites such as youtube as the audio is playing in my headphones but for other 'non-music' apps it isn't working and the audio just comes out of my laptop instead...
  6. bluetooth earphones not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Microphone not working in zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working in zoom: I have a new HP Laptop running Windows 11 with a built in camera and microphone using the driver Microphone array Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones. The microphone works for Cortana and other applications but doesn’t work for zoom. I’ve checked the privacy...
  8. microphone not working with zoom

microphone not working with zoom: No output to zoom when unmuted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working-with-zoom/a02ab409-dc56-4a51-9793-143ce2f37eef
  9. bliuetooth earphone microphone wont work on zoom

in Windows 10 Support
    bliuetooth earphone microphone wont work on zoom: i dont know under which category this question should go. please correct me if this is not the place. have lenovo thinkpad t440 win 10 prof. have purchased blue tooth handsfree device 1)samsung uflex 2)fingers musitalks both work fine when connected to t440 and i can hear...
  10. Earphones' Microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Earphones' Microphone is not working: Hello, I recently bought Apple earphones and am using them on my laptop hp and windows 10. I can hear well using them however, the microphone doesnt work unless I am pressing the button. For reference, I tried other headphones that I previously had another brand and they...