Windows 10: Bluetooth earphones are suddenly disconnecting when Wi-Fi is on

Discus and support Bluetooth earphones are suddenly disconnecting when Wi-Fi is on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a strange issue that's suddenly developed. I purchased a pair of bluetooth Philips earphones last month and I was able to use them with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nigelwilson, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Bluetooth earphones are suddenly disconnecting when Wi-Fi is on

I have a strange issue that's suddenly developed. I purchased a pair of bluetooth Philips earphones last month and I was able to use them with my Lenovo laptop shortly after with no issues.

The only issue was that I had to keep on removing the device and repairing to connect. The 'Connect' icon in the Action Centre doesn't work. That was a minor issue; however now my earphones are unable to work with the laptop unless I switch off the Wi-Fi adapter. They either take two or three times to pair and when successful, I cannot switch the playback device from my speakers to the Bluetooth stereo earphones until I disable the Wi-Fi.

It's not the earphones themselves as they work with my tablet and phones perfectly fine. I believe it may have something to do with an unscheduled and unwanted update from Windows 10 yesterday. I thought I had turned them off but apparently not because they were almost halfway yesterday.

The other explanation is that there's some inteference from my router as I was trying to upgrade speeds by switching to 5GHz on the router page but since my laptop didn't support that, I gave up and switched back to 2.4.

What could the issue here be?

:)

nigelwilson, Sep 21, 2017
  2. jekiboi20 Win User

Lumia 720 Low Audio Volume and % consumption on listing music

Hi Aseem186,

Built-in speakers and earphones has a lot of differences when it comes to loudness. It is normal that the speaker is much louder than the earphones. However, the earphones can provide you a great sound quality as it has stereotyped sound.

About your concern about the battery life when playing music, do you have open apps other than the music player? Are you connected to Wi-Fi or is your phone's Bluetooth enabled?

jekiboi20, Sep 21, 2017
  3. Wifi not turning on when I disconnect from Ethernet in Windows 10 - HELP!!

Hi,

From the above description, I see that you want Wi-Fi to be turned on automatically when I disconnect from Ethernet.

If the Wi-Fi is always turned on when you disconnect from Ethernet it will automatically connect to Wi-Fi.

If the Wi-Fi is turned off when you disconnect from Ethernet, Wi-Fi will not connect or it will not turn on the Wi-Fi.

Wi-Fi will not turn on automatically, but it will connect automatically if its turned on.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 21, 2017
Thema:

Bluetooth earphones are suddenly disconnecting when Wi-Fi is on

1. Bluetooth earphones are suddenly disconnecting when Wi-Fi is on - Similar Threads - Bluetooth earphones are

2. Why is my Wi-Fi suddenly slow or disconnects?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Wi-Fi suddenly slow or disconnects?: This is the second time this has happened btwI have a ASUS TUF Gaming FX505GT laptop 3 years old and my Wi-Fi is working perfectly fine.When I talk about games I mean FPS games.Also I can't do ethernet btwAsus support team hasn't really helped eitherI also don't have any...
  3. Why is my Wi-Fi suddenly slow or disconnects?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my Wi-Fi suddenly slow or disconnects?: This is the second time this has happened btwI have a ASUS TUF Gaming FX505GT laptop 3 years old and my Wi-Fi is working perfectly fine.When I talk about games I mean FPS games.Also I can't do ethernet btwAsus support team hasn't really helped eitherI also don't have any...
  4. Why is my Wi-Fi suddenly slow or disconnects?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. wi fi disconnection

wi fi disconnection: the WiFi internet disconnects when the power cable is plugged-in. I have windows 10 installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnection/120d6dee-d1d9-41a0-8964-bf9770614afb
  6. Wi-Fi disconnection

Wi-Fi disconnection: Hi , When I connect my pc to zoom or outlook then wifi disconnect several times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnection/47ce291c-f151-4d27-aade-06b9e45b450c
  7. Wi-Fi Disconnection

Wi-Fi Disconnection: Hi , My wi-fi disconnect automatically sometimes and shows no wifi network found and after sometimes network comes.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnection/da3b1310-d7e1-49eb-8702-3f27734473b5
  8. Sudden disappearance of bluetooth and WI-Fi services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sudden disappearance of bluetooth and WI-Fi services: Yesterday when I was attending a meeting on my HP pavillion g6 laptop suddenly my WiFi got disconnected,then I checked the bluetooth and it was off again then I checked my adapter settings and found that both adapters were not detected or were unavailable as shown in the pic...
  9. Wi-Fi getting disconnected upon using Bluetooth earphones on laptop

Wi-Fi getting disconnected upon using Bluetooth earphones on laptop: After updating to KB4551762 on 14th of March 2020 I have been facing Wireless Internet disconnection issue when I use Bluetooth earphone on laptop. This issue is observed only after using Bluetooth earphones after 15-20 minutes. Repro rate: 4/5 Observed on: Asus...
  10. Wi-Fi disconnect

Wi-Fi disconnect: My Wi-Fi keeps being disconnected and I am not sure what is doing it. When I go to settings I am usually able to reconnect but not always in the same sway. Sometimes I have to go to the troubleshooter and it determines that the "network adaptor" needs to be reset. Others...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i connect bluetooth earphones wifi is automatically turning off what may be the reason