Windows 10: Bluetooth Earphones Issue

Discus and support Bluetooth Earphones Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, thanks in advance for trying to help. I'm having some trouble with my wireless bluetooth ear buds connecting to my computer. The ear buds work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by C. Brock, Mar 6, 2019.

1. C. Brock Win User

Bluetooth Earphones Issue

Hi, thanks in advance for trying to help.

I'm having some trouble with my wireless bluetooth ear buds connecting to my computer. The ear buds work normally with my phone and they are charging normally. I'm not seeing any flashing lights or hearing any beeping that would make me think it's a problem with the ear buds.

Yesterday I was using them to listen to videos on youtube. When I clicked on a new video, the sound was gone. There's a little megaphone icon in the bottom right bar (tray?) of my computer screen. When I click it, it will tell me what device my sound is playing though. Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean.

Bluetooth Earphones Issue [​IMG]

When I checked that, it said that the bluetooth ear buds were connected and the sound was up but I still couldn't hear anything. Instead of saying "Speakers/ Headphones (Realtek Audio)" it said "Headphones (BT WIRELESS Stereo)". I'm sure that "Headphones (BT WIRELESS Stereo)" are my ear buds and not someone else's nearby because I've been using them for a few months. I refreshed the page and checked the youtube video volume and still heard nothing. I tried playing saved mp3s over the groove music app but that didn't work either.

I turned the headphones off and back on. They re-connected and the little megaphone tray said the same thing. One ear started playing sound but it was strange and static-y, as if it were playing over an old fashioned radio. I thought that was strange, because they also have a feature where I can use them as a headset with a phone. The computer gives me an option to use them as a headset as well. When I've chosen that option on accident in the past, they do exactly that. They only play through one ear and it sounds like an old radio.

I can show you an example of why I'm confused about that, for clarity.

Bluetooth Earphones Issue a7964ea1-b9aa-4578-9246-3c59570ef15e?upload=true.png

I was confused because when they were only playing static-y sound through one ear, the headphone option was the only option shown. The other one for the headset wasn't there at all.

I put them away to let them charge and today I tried them with my phone just to be sure they worked. I unpaired them from my computer and re-paired them but now I'm having all sorts of problems! The same one as above has happened again. Also, after rebooting the computer and turning the ear buds off and back on, the bluetooth settings, (I'll screenshot) the megaphone tray and my headphones (which have different beeps when they connect and disconnect) couldn't all agree on if they were connected or not! The bluetooth settings would say that they're connected, but the option for them wasn't in the megaphone tray at all. Sometimes the ear buds would beep but sometimes they wouldn't. At other times they beep and act connected but both the megaphone tray and the bluetooth setting say they're not?

Bluetooth Earphones Issue e189e7ab-e8a7-44f9-a6a3-1624deb07fdb?upload=true.png

You can see from the screenshots that they're connected now. They're playing normally but I'm unsure if they'll stay that way?

Being that they're working at the moment, I understand that it would be hard to trouble shoot so that's not what I'm expecting. But if anyone knows what could cause this to happen, I would like to know! Especially if I can avoid or fix it in the future.

Thanks a bunch for reading and trying to help! I appreciate any advice.

:)

C. Brock, Mar 6, 2019

2. Bluetooth Earphones not available as a playback device.

Hi Jollee,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1) Are you able to see any other earphones/headphones as playback device except the Bluetooth
    earphones?

2) From when are you facing this issue?

3) Are you facing this issue only with Bang and Olufsen BEOPLAY H5 Earphones?

Meanwhile, please try the below troubleshooting Methods.

Method 1:
    Disconnect the Bluetooth device and pair the device back and see if the volume control option shows up for the device.

Method 2:

Step 1: Open
    Playback Devices and right-click on a black place and select 'Show Disconnected Devices' and 'Show Disabled Devices'.

After that, you'll see headphones appear in the Playback devices shown in Disabled status.

Step 2: Then, right-click on your earphones and click 'Enable'.

Step 3: After the device is enabled, if you see it not set as
    Default Device, highlight it and click the
    Set Default
    button. If it's already set as default device.

Step 4: Click 'OK' and 'Apply'.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Bluetooth earphones are suddenly disconnecting when Wi-Fi is on

I have a strange issue that's suddenly developed. I purchased a pair of bluetooth Philips earphones last month and I was able to use them with my Lenovo laptop shortly after with no issues.

The only issue was that I had to keep on removing the device and repairing to connect. The 'Connect' icon in the Action Centre doesn't work. That was a minor issue; however now my earphones are unable to work with the laptop unless I switch off the Wi-Fi adapter. They either take two or three times to pair and when successful, I cannot switch the playback device from my speakers to the Bluetooth stereo earphones until I disable the Wi-Fi.

It's not the earphones themselves as they work with my tablet and phones perfectly fine. I believe it may have something to do with an unscheduled and unwanted update from Windows 10 yesterday. I thought I had turned them off but apparently not because they were almost halfway yesterday.

The other explanation is that there's some inteference from my router as I was trying to upgrade speeds by switching to 5GHz on the router page but since my laptop didn't support that, I gave up and switched back to 2.4.

What could the issue here be?

nigelwilson, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Bluetooth Connectivity Issue

Hi Harshal,

To better assist you with the concern, we would like to know if you are getting any error messages when connecting your Bluetooth earphones.

We suggest that you update audio and Bluetooth drivers by following the steps provided on the link below:

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Earphones Issue - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Earphones Issue

2. bluetooth earphones not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth earphones not working: they are connected and it says it's connected for music? it works on sites such as youtube as the audio is playing in my headphones but for other 'non-music' apps it isn't working and the audio just comes out of my laptop instead...
  3. bluetooth earphones not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    bluetooth earphones not working: they are connected and it says it's connected for music? it works on sites such as youtube as the audio is playing in my headphones but for other 'non-music' apps it isn't working and the audio just comes out of my laptop instead...
  4. Bluetooth Earphones connectivity and audio issues!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Earphones connectivity and audio issues!: Hi,I am using oneplus buds z and I have got a pretty annoying issue!From my earphones sound does not come for 3-4 seconds in between playing something and after 3-4 sec it comes in one earbud and with 2 secs it comes in the other. It is a very irritating issue and i found...
  5. Bluetooth Earphone problems

Bluetooth Earphone problems: Hi,I am using oneplus buds z and I have got a pretty annoying issue!From my earphones sound does not come for 3-4 seconds in between playing something and after 3-4 sec it comes in one earbud and with 2 secs it comes in the other. It is a very irritating issue and i found...
  6. Bluetooth Earphones - Media to Communication channel issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Earphones - Media to Communication channel issues: Posting this in this subreddit as theres no issues with them on android or iOS so assume it is an issue with Windows with how it uses mutliple channels/audio devices. Determined to use these earphones so would be thankful for anything to try! Used multiple devices on...
  7. bluetooth earphones

bluetooth earphones: delay and lag in video's sound while listening it through bluetooth earphones in windows 10 but working fine in android phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-earphones/5a7eefe4-8947-4698-8f9c-a98939a1a9e5
  8. Bluetooth Earphones

Bluetooth Earphones: I have windows 10 pro and the bluetooth works fine, but it cannot detect a bluetooth earphones. I really need to fix it since I will be using it for online class. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-earphones/8e3d1bfa-a74a-4b95-957c-7d18d11d2db7
  9. Bluetooth earphones

Bluetooth earphones: In 2020 when we all are working online, I'm confused as to why the sound quality when using Bluetooth earphones/microphones is so terrible. Is there a fix coming? I don't want to have to switch from my Surface Pro to a Macbook but people can't work like this....
  10. Bluetooth Earphones

Bluetooth Earphones: My B&O Play H5 bluetooth earphones is paired but there’s no sound coming through the earphones as it is not connected ( sound plays on the speaker) Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-earphones/2d0c06f7-a1c2-45de-812f-26a21ea53c9b