Windows 10: Bluetooth earphones

Discus and support Bluetooth earphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In 2020 when we all are working online, I'm confused as to why the sound quality when using Bluetooth earphones/microphones is so terrible. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ScooterDad9491, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Bluetooth earphones

In 2020 when we all are working online, I'm confused as to why the sound quality when using Bluetooth earphones/microphones is so terrible. Is there a fix coming? I don't want to have to switch from my Surface Pro to a Macbook but people can't work like this.

:)

ScooterDad9491, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Bluetooth Earphones Issue

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue. We truly appreciate for the details and, time and effort that you have taken to work on this issue.

However, there could be an issue with the drivers on the computer, where the drivers are getting conflicted and not recognizing the Bluetooth device properly and you are unable to hear the audio as it was supposed to, we will look into this for you.

• Could you please try using the Bluetooth device with a different computer and check if it works?

Please unplug the wired headphones and connect only the Bluetooth earphones and check if that makes any difference.

Please follow the below mentioned methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

As you are unable to see the Bluetooth headphones after pairing to the computer, I suggest you to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter from the settings. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click Troubleshoot and run the Bluetooth troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, please follow method 2.

Method 2: update drivers.

The Bluetooth drivers could be out dated, hence un-pair the device from setting and update the Bluetooth drivers and check if that helps. Please refer the article

Update drives in Windows 10
    , expand Bluetooth device and follow the instruction from the above article.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Bluetooth Earphones not available as a playback device.

Hi Jollee,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1) Are you able to see any other earphones/headphones as playback device except the Bluetooth
    earphones?

2) From when are you facing this issue?

3) Are you facing this issue only with Bang and Olufsen BEOPLAY H5 Earphones?

Meanwhile, please try the below troubleshooting Methods.

Method 1:
    Disconnect the Bluetooth device and pair the device back and see if the volume control option shows up for the device.

Method 2:

Step 1: Open
    Playback Devices and right-click on a black place and select 'Show Disconnected Devices' and 'Show Disabled Devices'.

After that, you'll see headphones appear in the Playback devices shown in Disabled status.

Step 2: Then, right-click on your earphones and click 'Enable'.

Step 3: After the device is enabled, if you see it not set as
    Default Device, highlight it and click the
    Set Default
    button. If it's already set as default device.

Step 4: Click 'OK' and 'Apply'.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Bluetooth earphones

Bluetooth Earphones not available as a playback device.

Hi Shafeeq,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have attempted the above steps as you set out but the result is the same.

The system will still not recognise the earphones as a playback device.

Thank you.

JolleeRancher, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth earphones

1. Bluetooth earphones - Similar Threads - Bluetooth earphones

2. when switching to speakers from my bluetooth earphones no sound comes out and all apps that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when switching to speakers from my bluetooth earphones no sound comes out and all apps that...: im running windows 11 and am confused why my speakers break all apps. when trying to inspect speakers on sound settings the settings window crashes, as does the control panel sound device manager when i look at speakers. im on an asus laptop.im thinking maybe a drivers...
  3. when switching to speakers from my bluetooth earphones no sound comes out and all apps that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when switching to speakers from my bluetooth earphones no sound comes out and all apps that...: im running windows 11 and am confused why my speakers break all apps. when trying to inspect speakers on sound settings the settings window crashes, as does the control panel sound device manager when i look at speakers. im on an asus laptop.im thinking maybe a drivers...
  4. Bluetooth earphone connected, but no sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earphone connected, but no sound.: My Bluetooth earphone is been connected in windows 11 and it's showing connected. I can even pause and play by tapping on the Bluetooth earphone but the sound is coming from laptop's speaker and not from the Bluetooth earphone. Wired headphones are working fine and only...
  5. Bluetooth earphone connected, but no sound.

Bluetooth earphone connected, but no sound.: My Bluetooth earphone is been connected in windows 11 and it's showing connected. I can even pause and play by tapping on the Bluetooth earphone but the sound is coming from laptop's speaker and not from the Bluetooth earphone. Wired headphones are working fine and only...
  6. Earphone sound is breaking when connected to laptop through Bluetooth but works properly on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earphone sound is breaking when connected to laptop through Bluetooth but works properly on...: When I connect my earphones with laptop Bluetooth the sound is breaking however, they are working well on other devices. I tried turning on and off the Bluetooth and I also tried removing the earphone from the paired device and again connecting it, but still, the sound is...
  7. Earphone sound is breaking when connected to laptop through Bluetooth but works properly on...

Earphone sound is breaking when connected to laptop through Bluetooth but works properly on...: When I connect my earphones with laptop Bluetooth the sound is breaking however, they are working well on other devices. I tried turning on and off the Bluetooth and I also tried removing the earphone from the paired device and again connecting it, but still, the sound is...
  8. My Bluetooth earphones are paired to my pc but when I try to connect to it it doesn't want...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth earphones are paired to my pc but when I try to connect to it it doesn't want...: When I try to connect my earphone it keeps telling me that didn't work make sure you Bluetooth device is still discoverable even when I put my earphone right next to my dongle. This started happening when I got my pc...
  9. My Bluetooth earphones are paired to my pc but when I try to connect to it it doesn't want...

My Bluetooth earphones are paired to my pc but when I try to connect to it it doesn't want...: When I try to connect my earphone it keeps telling me that didn't work make sure you Bluetooth device is still discoverable even when I put my earphone right next to my dongle. This started happening when I got my pc...
  10. My Bluetooth earphones are paired to my pc but when I try to connect to it it doesn't want...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Bluetooth earphones are paired to my pc but when I try to connect to it it doesn't want...: When I try to connect my earphone it keeps telling me that didn't work make sure you Bluetooth device is still discoverable even when I put my earphone right nextto my dongle. This started happening when I got my pc...