Windows 10: Bluetooth error "discoverable"

Discus and support Bluetooth error "discoverable" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using a Bluetooth dongle to connect my speaker to the computer but I am having this error saying "That didn't work. Make sure that your Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SonnyDunbbraee, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Bluetooth error "discoverable"

I am using a Bluetooth dongle to connect my speaker to the computer but I am having this error saying "That didn't work. Make sure that your Bluetooth device is discoverable then try again"What should I do?

:)

SonnyDunbbraee, Jun 28, 2022

2. Bluetooth connection error

Thank you for your input Bill. I must've been unclear in my original post. The devices don't even show up even though they are on and visible to every other searching device I have tried this with (i.e. my phone and other computer where I plugged in the
    same adapter and it worked just fine).

1. Turn on your Bluetooth device and make it discoverable.

The way you make it discoverable depends on the device. Check the device or visit the manufacturer's website to learn how.
    2. Select the Start button > type Bluetooth > select Bluetooth settings from the list.
    3. Turn on Bluetooth > select the device > Pair.
    4. Follow any instructions if they appear. Otherwise, you're done and connected.
    So with these being the recommended steps to take here - I cant even complete step 3.

Thank you

ThePhilippExperience, Jun 28, 2022
  3. curt jugg Win User
    Bluetooth: Is my computer discoverable or not?

Thanks for your reply, spapakons. Does that mean, then, that if I don't put a tick in the box my PC won't be discoverable even though the earlier note still says, "Your PC. is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices"?

curt jugg, Jun 28, 2022
  4. pppeterd Win User

Bluetooth error "discoverable"

Disabling bluetooth discoverability in Win10 Pro 1903

Found a solution which prevents discoverability of computer while still allowing you to pair with discoverable devices and use PAN.

In device manager expand Bluetooth then right click your Bluetooth device. Select properties, details tab and pick 'device instance path' from selection list. Value displayed here is needed in the next step.

Open registry go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum

Under "Enum" fully expand entry corresponding with earlier 'device instance path' value.

Under "Device Parameters" add or edit attribute "Write Scan Enable" of type DWORD 32-bit and set value 0.

You may either disable then re-enable Bluetooth device from device manager or reboot computer for change to take effect.

Bluetooth error "discoverable" a0122f56-d1d4-4d8c-81c7-5b0be49d5be8?upload=true.gif

pppeterd, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Bluetooth error "discoverable"

1. Bluetooth error "discoverable" - Similar Threads - Bluetooth error discoverable

2. bluetooth not discoverable now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth not discoverable now: Before it was my Bluetooth PAIRED but wasn't CONNECTED... Now my device isn't been discovered when I'm trying to search for it...Since unboxing this new laptop, I am experiencing such issues with the Bluetooth. It was very much easy to connect my wireless earphones to my...
  3. bluetooth not discoverable now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth not discoverable now: Before it was my Bluetooth PAIRED but wasn't CONNECTED... Now my device isn't been discovered when I'm trying to search for it...Since unboxing this new laptop, I am experiencing such issues with the Bluetooth. It was very much easy to connect my wireless earphones to my...
  4. bluetooth not discoverable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth not discoverable: I am using msi bravo 15 with ryzen 5 and rx5500h gpu , i have tried multiple attemts to fix bluetooth not discovering nearby devices troubleshooting dosent help, the problem started when i tried installing uninstalling gpu drivers i tried to find bluetooth drivers but...
  5. bluetooth not discoverable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth not discoverable: I am using msi bravo 15 with ryzen 5 and rx5500h gpu , i have tried multiple attemts to fix bluetooth not discovering nearby devices troubleshooting dosent help, the problem started when i tried installing uninstalling gpu drivers i tried to find bluetooth drivers but...
  6. Bluetooth error "discoverable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth error "discoverable": I am using a Bluetooth dongle to connect my speaker to the computer but I am having this error saying "That didn't work. Make sure that your Bluetooth device is discoverable then try again"What should I do?...
  7. Bluetooth error "discoverable"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth error "discoverable": I am using a Bluetooth dongle to connect my speaker to the computer but I am having this error saying "That didn't work. Make sure that your Bluetooth device is discoverable then try again"What should I do?...
  8. Bluetooth Discoverability

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Discoverability: I can't seem to get my PC to add Bluetooth headphones. when I go into settings and click on "allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC" it won't save the settings, nor does it discover the headphones after I put them in pairing mode. What do I do to get this to work?...
  9. UE Wonderboom not discoverable on Bluetooth

UE Wonderboom not discoverable on Bluetooth: Using : HP Laptop Win 10 (1-year-old) and UE Wonderboom also (1-year-old) UE wonderBoom works perfectly on a number of Android devices but not discoverable by HP Laptop Win 10. (Note : Bluetooth does work through Win 10 on a 3rd party DAC, connected to an amplifier.)...
  10. Bluetooth: Is my computer discoverable or not?

Bluetooth: Is my computer discoverable or not?: On my laptop under Settings>Devices>Bluetooth>Manage Bluetooth devices I have the button switched to "On". The note below the button reads, "Your PC is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices." If I click on "More Bluetooth options" the Bluetooth settings...