Windows 10: Bluetooth fails after Windows 10 updates

Discus and support Bluetooth fails after Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 1903 (updated to KB4517389) caused Bluetooth to fail on my Samsung laptop with Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth hardware. No Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pinkaxe, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Pinkaxe Win User

Bluetooth fails after Windows 10 updates

Windows 10 1903 (updated to KB4517389) caused Bluetooth to fail on my Samsung laptop with Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth hardware. No Bluetooth communication takes place, including detection of devices and connection to devices that were already paired before Windows 1903. Bluetooth drivers were all the latest available, and Device Manager reports that Bluetooth hardware is working normally.

Workaround: obtain old Atheros drivers from a web site. Install driver level 10.0.1.11 (the latest is 10.0.3.19 and note that 10.0.1.14 does not work either).

:)

Pinkaxe, Oct 25, 2019
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Oct 25, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Bluetooth fails after Windows 10 updates

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth fails after Windows 10 updates

1. Bluetooth fails after Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Bluetooth fails updates

2. Bluetooth not working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not working after windows 10 update: After my update yesterday, my bluetooth speaker stopped working. I've tried all the steps that are suggested such as:check all updates for drivers, all updated, no problemsuninstalling the device and reinstalling/still did not work. Note: The device says it's connected but no...
  3. Bluetooth not working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not working after windows 10 update: After my update yesterday, my bluetooth speaker stopped working. I've tried all the steps that are suggested such as:check all updates for drivers, all updated, no problemsuninstalling the device and reinstalling/still did not work. Note: The device says it's connected but no...
  4. Ethernet controller and Bluetooth drivers fail after Windows 10 Update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet controller and Bluetooth drivers fail after Windows 10 Update.: I updated automatically the following update: January 12, 2021—KB4598242 (OS Builds 19041.746 and 19042.746). When I restarted I couldn't connect to the Internet. I turned on my WiFi as opposed to my usual Broadband and it connected fine. Then I tried to use Bluetooth and...
  5. Bluetooth not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not working after Windows 10 update: So I updated to the latest version of Windows 10, and now all Bluetooth capability has been wiped from my PC. I have a Dell G5 15 Gaming Laptop. So far I've tried - Updating drivers - Opening services and using the Bluetooth help thing, changing it to automatic like was...
  6. Bluetooth disappearing after windows 10 update.

Bluetooth disappearing after windows 10 update.: I have read a lot of questions of why and how this could happen....seems to me that Microsoft wants you to buy a new computer to fix the problem....Why would you put out an update that will no longer let my laptop function properly?? And yet have no real answer or "solution"...
  7. Bluetooth missing after windows 10 update

Bluetooth missing after windows 10 update: Installed windows 10 2 yrs. ago. Recently purchased bluetooth device, discovered after a FEW hrs with device tech support, I have no bluetooth!! Where did it go??...
  8. Bluetooth Disapeers after update Windows 10

Bluetooth Disapeers after update Windows 10: Hello, I just updated my Alienware laptop to the October 2018 update and I tried connecting my bluetooth earbuds to my laptop and it won't connect. I've tried everything. Bluetooth is completely gone. Thank you in advance....
  9. Bluetooth Error after Windows 10 Update

Bluetooth Error after Windows 10 Update: I'm currently using DELL XPS 9575 2-in-1 laptop with Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. I had windows updated yesterday and after reboot my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. (I'm using Microsoft Wedge Keyboard and Mouse.) On the Bluetooth setting page, It says Bluetooth devices has...
  10. Bluetooth Disappeared after Windows 10 update

Bluetooth Disappeared after Windows 10 update: My Bluetooth disappeared after a Windows 10 update. This is all that shows now. I cannot turn the Bluetooth on. Bluetooth was working perfectly before the update. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!...